Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 09:06 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
I've got it (an interim solution) An AUTO TENT!!! You need to get those babies under cover Mike!

Old 12-24-2008, 12:02 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
I got one, it's in the garage. You can't put a cover on a dirty car! It's ok, I got all the snow off it today, it was about 8in! This was after taking the snow off it on Saturday, we got just under 12in total.

yea, poor mini! Found out that it does much better in the snow with the traction control turned off.

We're going to build a new garage soon, just not on your level.
how did the mini work in this snow? i didn't pull mine out of the garage to try. there's a traction control button?

Old 12-24-2008, 12:31 AM
deafboy has a spectacular aura aboutdeafboy has a spectacular aura aboutdeafboy has a spectacular aura about
Finally over the foot mark...

Old 12-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gretapass
I've got it (an interim solution) An AUTO TENT!!! You need to get those babies under cover Mike!
yea, but the snow would have collapsed it!

Originally Posted by H20SKIER
how did the mini work in this snow? i didn't pull mine out of the garage to try. there's a traction control button?
It did fine, the limited slip makes it work.

The traction button is right next to the "sport" button, on the gear shift base. You got to hold it down for 3 sec.

The car rotates really well in the snow, other then stopping, it has been a blast! But our MPG has gone from 36mpg to just under 29mpg.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:43 AM
deafboy has a spectacular aura aboutdeafboy has a spectacular aura aboutdeafboy has a spectacular aura about
16"

Old 12-25-2008, 12:42 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
yea, but the snow would have collapsed it!

It did fine, the limited slip makes it work.

The traction button is right next to the "sport" button, on the gear shift base. You got to hold it down for 3 sec.

The car rotates really well in the snow, other then stopping, it has been a blast! But our MPG has gone from 36mpg to just under 29mpg.
So what planet do you get 36mpg. I get about 29-30 max. You must not rev it past 2k rpm's to achieve this heightened mpg's. But she does purr above 100mph

Old 12-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
So what planet do you get 36mpg. I get about 29-30 max. You must not rev it past 2k rpm's to achieve this heightened mpg's. But she does purr above 100mph

How many miles do you have on it? Ours started to do much better over 10kmi. I rev it, but not a lot, it's just our commuter to & from Seattle. When we drove it back from Salem Orogen, it was getting almost 40mpg @ 75mph.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:38 PM
How many miles do you have on it? Ours started to do much better over 10kmi. I rev it, but not a lot, it's just our commuter to & from Seattle. When we drove it back from Salem Orogen, it was getting almost 40mpg @ 75mph.
that's crazy. i only have 6k miles but don't commute anywhere but gig harbor to tacoma. not much of a commute at all. so i'd be lying if i said i bought it for mileage anyway. did drive it today out on the back roads and it really sucks in the ice. i guess i'll just stick with my pickup for those days.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Carries MINI has been parked for over a week now. She did drive it to Crystal for opening day though. She parked next to a guy with an E46 M3 that could not move at the end of the day. She called me and was laughing about that.

I can not say it enough how much I like that car. It is a perfect commuter that is quick, good handling, comfortable and is not bad to look at either.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:39 AM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
I was at Crystal yesterday too. Took my Touareg. Thing is a snow beast. Unstoppable.

Hey JP, u ever get my call/text? Wanna talk flooring with you.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Never got anything from you??? If I do not have cell service or my phone is off due to a meeting I do not get those text or see missed calls.

We will make a trip to Crystal soon. I have been up 3 times in the last week.....

EDIT: Why the hell did you not stop by last night for dinner then? I know you had to talk to Bruce.

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 12-26-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Started to slowly melt yesterday but it has been coming down non stop and very hard today. Boo. haha. I've had my white Christmas, I am content, it can stop now

Old 12-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Just a boxster?
Keep it coming! I want 5' baby.

Old 12-26-2008, 04:54 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
Keep it coming! I want 5' baby.
that is what she said

Old 12-26-2008, 07:11 PM
EM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PJS
that is what she said

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow