Big Ballers Alert!!!! Local Scud for Sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 08:47 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
My guess is that 310-320k should put that beast in some lucky owner's garage. PJS: Just use "easy credit", 120-mon layaway plan--you know it makes sense!

Old 01-10-2009, 08:53 PM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
is it true that you need to have owned a ferrari in the past to buy a scud? does that only apply to new scuds? is that no longer an issue because our economy?

Old 01-10-2009, 10:03 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
$320,000 + $32,000 in taxes roughly = $352,000
At 0% interest over 120 months
$3000 per month plus the cheap maintenance that is required even if you do not drive it
And I live in Seattle where it rains 9 months of the year and I cannot imagine driving it in the rain too much
$36,000 per year to drive it on weekends max 4 months of the year
Plus insurance, tabs, full clear bra, details, etc

To those that can, I whole heartedly applaud your success!
This is a "if you can, you must" type of a deal I presume.

Lawin: Paul, Mark, and Kuzi are or have been multi Ferrari owners and I do not think it is a coincidence that they all have or will have scuds shortly

However - anything is possible in todays economy I guess

Old 01-10-2009, 10:14 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Darn, not the color I wanted.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:40 PM
lpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud of
The AutoGallery in Los Angeles have a 2008 430 Scuderia TITANIUM/BLACK no stripe with 564 miles asking for $299,660 ! Not a bad color for the Scuderia !

Old 01-11-2009, 05:47 AM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by lpm 505
The AutoGallery in Los Angeles have a 2008 430 Scuderia TITANIUM/BLACK no stripe with 564 miles asking for $299,660 ! Not a bad color for the Scuderia !
Wow, I'll take the Alfa 8C Competizione over the Scud.
(too phuckin many of the Scuds up here)

Old 01-11-2009, 08:37 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gretapass
Darn, not the color I wanted.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:58 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Senna
Wow, I'll take the Alfa 8C Competizione over the Scud.
(too phuckin many of the Scuds up here)

Funny you must not have seen Ferrari of Seattle's basement. There was 6 of the Alfa 8C's in it in November. I guess they are just for show?

Scud's msrp's are up into the 290's equipped well PJ FYI. So the 299k for a Titanium 08 is probably just 10-15k over the msrp.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:59 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PJS
$3000 per month plus the cheap maintenance that is required even if you do not drive it
And I live in Seattle where it rains 9 months of the year and I cannot imagine driving it in the rain too much

To those that can, I whole heartedly applaud your success!
This is a "if you can, you must" type of a deal I presume.

Lawin: Paul, Mark, and Kuzi are or have been multi Ferrari owners and I do not think it is a coincidence that they all have or will have scuds shortly

However - anything is possible in todays economy I guess
You have to look at these things differently PJ. All of my cars I own/buy the first drive I tell myself wow this is one expensive day. Every drive afterwards is FREE

Old 01-11-2009, 12:00 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
You have to look at these things differently PJ. All of my cars I own/buy the first drive I tell myself wow this is one expensive day. Every drive afterwards is FREE
Mark, I love ya man, with that attitude you'll go far in this life

Old 01-11-2009, 12:03 PM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough

Old 01-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by PJS
There you go again, applying common sense to a nonsensical purchase. These purchases are not for yourself, they are to appease the inner 8-year old boy who has just seen his first ever Ferrari rip/snorting down the road and who thinks to himself "when I'm a big boy, I'm gunna get me one of dem!". True, it does kinda make the "big boy" happy too

As to the 8C, I'd love one in my garage, but not at the expense of ditching a Ferrari. It's a beautiful car, stunning indeed, and makes some of the best noises this side of an F1 car, but it's performance on street/track is not very good (relative at this level, but according to review done by Clarkson the on-track performance was less than impressive). Personally, I prefer my sports cars to look like they are at home on the track, and then pwn it completely. I think the Scuderia fits that bill for me ...

Old 01-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by BritBlaster
There you go again, applying common sense to a nonsensical purchase. These purchases are not for yourself, they are to appease the inner 8-year old boy who has just seen his first ever Ferrari rip/snorting down the road and who thinks to himself "when I'm a big boy, I'm gunna get me one of dem!". True, it does kinda make the "big boy" happy too
lol my girlfriend keeps telling me I have to play with my old HotWheels before I buy new ones. I guess when I hit 15 cars I'll stop for a while

Old 01-11-2009, 03:59 PM
PJS
you have had a lot of expensive car days but I love this thinking!

Paul you are right on the money... there is no way to rationalize a purchase like this and trying to simply ruins the fun of it all.

Kudos to you guys for making this work -- and I would very much like a ride in one of these things!

Anyone care to address the "you have to buy a gaggle of F-cars before they will bless you with a scud allocation"...

Lastly, Mark... the MSRP of mid $260s was off of edmunds... probably base car with no options... I am getting the impression that Ferrari gouges you on options, exhibit A, $10K stripes for a different color...

Rock on

Old 01-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by PJS
Anyone care to address the "you have to buy a gaggle of F-cars before they will bless you with a scud allocation"...
Certainly it was true a year ago that the promise of a Scuderia was reserved for each dealer's best customers. That was when they were going for $100k over msrp.

Today, you could walk into most dealers and probably either spec a new one to-order (for delivery inside a year), or pick one up where a customer's cancelled their order. And pay msrp, or very close to it. That's why the used market for them has eased up significantly, with several to choose from--all around msrp. Usually dealers aren't concerned with whether you have owned 10 Ferraris before or none; their interest is in whether you will be a long-term customer. If you're moving out of state, or state that you'll only be keeping the car for a few months, that sort of thing, they'll skip you in preference for someone else. Indeed, when I put down my deposit for my first Ferrari in 2000 (during the time of loooong wait-lists and flippin-parasites) I was promised my car would be at msrp, and when it was delivered in 2002 they kept that promise. The dealer didn't know me from Adam.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Big Ballers Alert!!!! Local Scud for Sale