Big Ballers Alert!!!! Local Scud for Sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 07:56 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BritBlaster
Certainly it was true a year ago that the promise of a Scuderia was reserved for each dealer's best customers. That was when they were going for $100k over msrp.

Today, you could walk into most dealers and probably either spec a new one to-order (for delivery inside a year), or pick one up where a customer's cancelled their order. And pay msrp, or very close to it. That's why the used market for them has eased up significantly, with several to choose from--all around msrp. Usually dealers aren't concerned with whether you have owned 10 Ferraris before or none; their interest is in whether you will be a long-term customer. If you're moving out of state, or state that you'll only be keeping the car for a few months, that sort of thing, they'll skip you in preference for someone else. Indeed, when I put down my deposit for my first Ferrari in 2000 (during the time of loooong wait-lists and flippin-parasites) I was promised my car would be at msrp, and when it was delivered in 2002 they kept that promise. The dealer didn't know me from Adam.
Thanks -- that is sort of what I figured...
I am hopeful the locals got the scuds for MSRP and I cannot wait to see/ride in them
My phone is ringing... it is Ben's Strad calling to harass me... something about us being meant for each other...