meetup.com for Cars-N-Coffe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:32 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mjf
Isn't the point of having Red Stripes on White to represent the English flag, the St George's Cross?

Maybe that's why Paul chose that. He's British after all.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:41 PM
rc1320 is infamous around these parts
Beautiful rides. Wish I had attended but I was at the multi-forum Alki -> Eastgate meet.
http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/01/19/northwest-gtg/

Old 01-20-2009, 09:08 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mjf
Isn't the point of having Red Stripes on White to represent the English flag, the St George's Cross?
That must've been subconscious ... but I think it definitely played a part in why I thought it would be cool. Good call.

I read that Felipe Massa chose this combination too -- though I've not been able to confirm that the pics I saw (subsequent to placing my order) do in fact belong to Massa (attributed in "all the colors" thread on f-chat).

What I didn't realize until after taking delivery was that it is the Mach-5 colors of "Speed Racer" which is kinda cool even though the movie sucked foo.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:27 AM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
My son Colin is a huge Speed Racer fan and named my M5 the Mach 5 hence the plates. He was very excited when I got the plates in the mail and told him that he named my car.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rc1320
Beautiful rides. Wish I had attended but I was at the multi-forum Alki -> Eastgate meet.
http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/01/19/northwest-gtg/
You should have done both! I was @ the South Center meet, then went up to Seattle.

The Alki meet sucked A$$, when we got there the cop were already there, clearing everyone out, this was 10min before the meet was suppose to start.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:08 AM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
I was at both meets, Ferrari of Seattle, and the NWQuattro Dicks GTG. Busy day packed with cars.

And yeah, the NWMotoring meet was shut down before it even began. I know that they had a backup location planned in Bellevue, but West Seattle to Bellevue just to change a meet point for a GTG was a little ludacris (sp?).

Old 01-21-2009, 11:10 AM
FerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BritBlaster
What I didn't realize until after taking delivery was that it is the Mach-5 colors of "Speed Racer" which is kinda cool even though the movie sucked foo.
"Congratulations, M4CH-5 is available right now." Just a thought

Old 01-22-2009, 07:38 PM
SeattleBoxers is a jewel in the roughSeattleBoxers is a jewel in the roughSeattleBoxers is a jewel in the rough
This saturday again

Is anyone going this Saturday (01/24)??

http://www.meetup.com/the-winding-ro...endar/9359215/

Old 01-22-2009, 08:39 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
No, not this weekend. Have other plans.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:56 AM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Is Kuzi's car lower than Pauls? The front end looks lower in some of those shots.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Airborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SeattleBoxers
Is anyone going this Saturday (01/24)??

http://www.meetup.com/the-winding-ro...endar/9359215/
for me, its gonna be a gametime decision based upon the weather.. right now they (Q13) is saying 40mph winds and cold temperatures.. but living out here for 10 years has taught me that the weather changes by the hour..

Old 01-23-2009, 07:44 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by itrhybrid
Is Kuzi's car lower than Pauls? The front end looks lower in some of those shots.
He had it lowered.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:00 AM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by itrhybrid
Yes -- Kuzi had his lowered to CS-specs.

I prefer mine at the current ride-height. I can go over my curb at home! And I take positive-camber turns at a "spirited" speed without hearing my skid-plates pick a fight with the asphalt.

OH, I can't make tomorrow either...

Old 01-23-2009, 10:03 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
i'm out for tomorrow as well. i'll catch everyone at the next one though! have fun for those that attend tomorrow. =)

Old 01-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
I "should" have a car by the end of the day so I may or may not be able to make it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.