FSBO: My home

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 06:22 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
FSBO: My home

I am putting this out to the Seattle crew just in case anyone is looking or knows of someone looking. Long story but I am looking to sell my home and looking to buy something that is smaller and on the water so I am FSBO'ing (??) my home.

John Norris built 2005
Courtney floor plan
Maple valley
3 car garage, 25' ceiling in garage, with the entry around back (very special for the car people here)
3250 sq ft
5 bedrooms
2 1/2 baths
upstairs laundry
corner lot
dead end street
Tahoma School district
Very kid friendly area
Many upgrades

Many of you have been to or seen my home and it is nice, but I do not need 5 bedrooms for the gf and myself. (Screw the whole kids idea I can barley handle myself and my dog)

I know the price I am looking to get and it is in line with the market. If anyone is interested or knows of someone that is please PM me.

Thanks
Josh

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 01-16-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:28 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, josh's home and neighborhood are clean, quiet, and nice! great for bbq's too! =)
great place to go for walks, ride bikes, etc.!

good luck with the sale josh.

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 01-16-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Jodi!

I am done rafting and want to buy a boat to wakeboard and ski with. To use a boat the way I want, I would need to live on the water.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:44 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
^^^very cool! i understand about living on the water so you can use your boat more. we sold our boat this year because we hardly used it. even though it was parked in lake washington, but the time we got off work, drove out there, etc....it didn't give much time to enjoy it.

if i hear of anyone looking for a nice home, i'll send them your way!

Old 01-16-2009, 08:54 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck with the home sale. I know someone looking for a starter home in Seattle for under $200k if anyone knows of something - pm me.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:07 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
fsbo is a tough way to go JP st louis

realtors won't show it or acknowledge it.

tough time to sell a place. hold it for a while. wait for the smoke to clear. waterfront doesn't drop the same percentage as inland so there really is never a good time to buy it.

good luck with sale.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:28 AM
Just a boxster?
The nice thing is I do not need to sell but I would like to. It is the right house at the right price if someone is looking.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:11 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
where the hell is maple valley?

A buddy of mine used Redfin with success on a $700K house on queen anne hill...

fees were nominal and it at least gets it out there... just a thought...

good luck with the sale Josh!

Old 01-20-2009, 01:20 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PJS
where the hell is maple valley?

A buddy of mine used Redfin with success on a $700K house on queen anne hill...

fees were nominal and it at least gets it out there... just a thought...

good luck with the sale Josh!
Just FYI Josh Redfin only get's you to customers that look on RedFin. No real realtors will even acknowledge the listing. No one will show your home. It would still be completely up to you. So why pay them a commission to post it online.

Better advice would be to find a realtor and see if you could negotiate less of a commission with them. you'll get better coverage and possibly someone that will care if your house sells.

Also if your looking for Waterfront do you really care about 5% commission lost on your house to sell it much quicker?

Old 01-20-2009, 01:44 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Just FYI Josh Redfin only get's you to customers that look on RedFin. No real realtors will even acknowledge the listing. No one will show your home. It would still be completely up to you. So why pay them a commission to post it online.

Better advice would be to find a realtor and see if you could negotiate less of a commission with them. you'll get better coverage and possibly someone that will care if your house sells.

Also if your looking for Waterfront do you really care about 5% commission lost on your house to sell it much quicker?
Mark is right... I was merely proposing redfin as an alternative to FSBO or full blown 6% real estate company etc...

Good agent > red fin > FSBO

When my buddy was using redfin and his house was not selling, he called another friend that is an agent... and the agent friend said "when you get serious about selling your house, call me back"

It did end up selling on red fin etc... but a $700K house on queen anne is/was and easy sale... pricepoint/neighborhood etc..

In any event... good luck

Last edited by PJS; 01-20-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by PJS
Mark is right... I was merely proposing redfin as an alternative to FSBO or full blown 6% real estate company etc...

Good agent > red fin > FSBO

When my buddy was using redfin and his house was not calling, he called another friend that is an agent... and the agent friend said "when you get serious about selling your house, call me back"

It did end up selling on red fin etc... but a $700K house on queen anne is/was and easy sale... pricepoint/neighborhood etc..

In any event... good luck
That's funny. That's what my girlfriend would state as well. I don't know the actual stats on FSBO but basically it's useless. Word of mouth doesn't even work on selling a car.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:50 PM
kermit_S is infamous around these parts
Please pm me price and pictures if any

Old 01-20-2009, 01:55 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
That's funny. That's what my girlfriend would state as well. I don't know the actual stats on FSBO but basically it's useless. Word of mouth doesn't even work on selling a car.
I think the cost of selling a home 6% through Windermere unless you negotiate something (I did but we were selling two and buying one all with the same agent) is ridiculous.

However... a good agent is worth the money if your own time is valuable IMHO... the time it takes to show, market, advertise, list, stage if necessary etc...

Although I would highly reccomend reading the chapter in Freakonomics about real estate agents... it is an interesting read for sellers and agents alike. (the whole book is very interesting)

Old 01-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Antroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant future
You might want to try posting this for sale on Zillow as well, there's several FSBO listed there. Buyers can look up tons of information, like previous sales dates and prices, approximate home values of similar homes in the neighborhood, schools, property tax information, Google-like pictures, etc.

www.zillow.com

Old 01-28-2009, 11:02 AM
ragdoll is infamous around these parts
Post up pictures and price.

Normally I would just ignore these without that information. But I'm soon moving to Seattle and looking at housing. Get that information up for me and the rest of the members.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FSBO: My home