Audi R8 V10 US release letter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:45 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
Are you able to price one out using the Order Guide? How much are we talking here for a nicely equipped V10?
No price yet. Hopefully not more than $140K .
FYI most the previous options like Premium package, B&O, nav and leather package are standard on the V10.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:02 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Those things add about $15 - 20K to the price of the car. Plus the bigger engine, I can't imagine this car will cost $140K. I am sticking with my $180,000 estimate.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:54 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Mark, I forgot to mention that there are lowered rates for "exclusive testing and tuning" of a car or a couple of cars. If you're looking at doing that, getting the track insurance is not required. But if it's multiple people, multiple cars, an organized high performance driving event or race, then the liability insurance is a requirement.
March 1st wouldn't work for me but sounds a bit tempting. Snowmobiling with the kids and girlfriend supercede this.

I'm more likely in for renting it for me and a couple friends for your "test and tune" as said above

I'd like him to send me a little info and I'd probably set something up May-ish. I was supposed to be back east on a Mille Miglia but we've since backed out. 2 days on the track and 3 or 4 friends and some kids could be a good weekend or mid-week getaway.

Are there tire stores near by or do I need to bring lotso tires myself?

Shoot me a PM so I can look into this.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:01 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
I'll send you a PM tonight, Mark. I just went over the 15 posts so now I qualify.

The closest "urban" area to Grass Valley is The Dalles, about 40 minutes. They have a Les Schwab, but you'd likely need to special order as I doubt they keep your size tires in stock.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:42 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vincentdds
No price yet. Hopefully not more than $140K .
Vincent, expecting only a $20K price increase over the V8? That's just silly my friend. The car will easily be $160-$180K. And it will be well worth it.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by silversurfer
Vincent, expecting only a $20K price increase over the V8? That's just silly my friend. The car will easily be $160-$180K. And it will be well worth it.
The $140k was from PJ's. Mine prediction was $185K USD basing the Euro pricing. I agree this car will be well worth it at MSRP.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:23 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
The $140k was from PJ's. Mine prediction was $185K USD basing the Euro pricing. I agree this car will be well worth it at MSRP.
my $140K came straight from Car and Driver... I even double checked last night to make sure I was reading it correctly...

Old 02-06-2009, 11:32 PM
I don't like trying to put any merit into dealer estimates, but I was talking to a sales guy at a certain Audi dealer in Bellevue today and he says that they haven't been given pricing yet, but that they are estimating $175 - 180K.

Vincent, by the way, I did the H&R Springs for the R8 today. You gotta do this. Or at least drive my car and see what you think. It is as it should have been from the factory; just don't drive over any speed bumps in haste.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:02 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PJS
my $140K came straight from Car and Driver... I even double checked last night to make sure I was reading it correctly...

I think its the same car mag that lists the msrp on a f430 as 169k.....

Old 02-07-2009, 10:11 PM
I don't like trying to put any merit into dealer estimates, but I was talking to a sales guy at a certain Audi dealer in Bellevue today and he says that they haven't been given pricing yet, but that they are estimating $175 - 180K.

Vincent, by the way, I did the H&R Springs for the R8 today. You gotta do this. Or at least drive my car and see what you think. It is as it should have been from the factory; just don't drive over any speed bumps in haste.

Roman
That's great that there's even an aftermarket springs for our cars. I'll definitely wants to see it how ride the next time we hook up.

Last edited by vincentdds; 02-08-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Roman
That's great that there's even an aftermarket springs for our cars. I'll definitely wants to see it ride the next time we hook up.
Vince don't change the car unless you're racing it. It drives perfect for the driving you do. If you really want to spend money why don't you help me modify one of my new cars

Old 02-09-2009, 01:39 AM
Sendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to all
Nice. I haven't heard a peep from Barrier on this yet. I've been on their list for over a year. Guess it may be time to call them up and see whats going on. On the other hand, not sure if I'd like going to a R8 from the Gallardo. Oh well, I'll see what they say.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Vince don't change the car unless you're racing it. It drives perfect for the driving you do. If you really want to spend money why don't you help me modify one of my new cars
I'll be glad to help you modify your NEW rides. I have my tools ready so what time would like to have them pick up?

Old 02-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Sendero,
I have had to call the dealers to get answers. It seems the weight of existing inventory of non-R8s are keeping them from being really proactive about the R8 interest. Either way, I am supposed to sit down with University tomorrow to get be informed on what they're going to do with the V10 allocation, and someone at Barrier is supposed to call me back this week after discussing with the sales manager. I will post any interesting findings.

University has always said they would honor V10 allocations to existing V8 customers first. Not sure if that's the case with Barrier. And with this economic squeeze, that wait list might get whittled away pretty quickly as people drop out.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Whomever gets one first I'll buy coffee for the first drive. Those R8's big or little engine are just spectacular looking cars. My sister ordered one. Don't know what color. I did spend some quality time behind the wheel of a certain white one (don't tell the owner)

I'm wondering now if it's truly a chick car now

Vincent are you done with your's yet? Caryl is waiting patiently.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Audi R8 V10 US release letter