Audi R8 V10 US release letter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 03:20 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Whomever gets one first I'll buy coffee for the first drive. Those R8's big or little engine are just spectacular looking cars. My sister ordered one. Don't know what color. I did spend some quality time behind the wheel of a certain white one (don't tell the owner)

I'm wondering now if it's truly a chick car now

Vincent are you done with your's yet? Caryl is waiting patiently.
Been busy but what the heck tell Caryl I'll pick her up at 6pm.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:27 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Been busy but what the heck tell Caryl I'll pick her up at 6pm.

Caryl said that's fine. She hasn't been to Canlis for a while and also SHE's DRIVING

Old 02-09-2009, 03:27 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
I'm wondering now if it's truly a chick car now

only the R-tronics (that is audi for automatic)

Old 02-09-2009, 03:31 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
It's rated R-tronic so we can share.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Sendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to all
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
Sendero,
I have had to call the dealers to get answers. It seems the weight of existing inventory of non-R8s are keeping them from being really proactive about the R8 interest. Either way, I am supposed to sit down with University tomorrow to get be informed on what they're going to do with the V10 allocation, and someone at Barrier is supposed to call me back this week after discussing with the sales manager. I will post any interesting findings.

University has always said they would honor V10 allocations to existing V8 customers first. Not sure if that's the case with Barrier. And with this economic squeeze, that wait list might get whittled away pretty quickly as people drop out.
I did hear back from Barrier today. No solid data on when they'll be available but they are contacting people to firm up interest and possibly start spec'ing things out.

The thing for me is that now the R8s don't seem that unique in appearance. The TTs now have a lot of the styling cues of the R8. now the R8 looks like a bit more flattened TT. If I can't fall for the shape then I'd rather stick with the more aggresive appearance of the Gallardo, even if it may be a few ticks slower to 60.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:02 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
I hear ya, especially with the R8-originated LED daytime running lights being introduced on most of the new Audis now. Not only are the R8s losing their originality, but between the V10 and the V8 there is very little difference in styling, if any. I see the wheels are different. So, if you own a V8 like me, you'd be showing up to trade what's still a pretty new car for 1/2 the price of what you're likely to pay for a new V10. I am leaning against this. And as Vincent knows, I am not afraid of this VF supercharger that is in development for the V8.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:03 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Mark, no need for your GF or your sister to wait if you're looking for a white one. Brand new one (cancelled delivery) on the dealer floor at University selling for MSRP.

Last edited by gigharbor1; 02-09-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
people who meet for lunch tomorrow at Thai Kitchen - you guys wanna all go together up to University Audi and take a look at this R8 on the floor >?

Old 02-09-2009, 10:07 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Barrier is closer and has a Blue R8 in right now...

Nothing good for Mark there, but a five minute drive VS twenty.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
I hear ya, especially with the R8-originated LED daytime running lights being introduced on most of the new Audis now. Not only are the R8s losing their originality, but between the V10 and the V8 there is very little difference in styling, if any. I see the wheels are different. So, if you own a V8 like me, you'd be showing up to trade what's still a pretty new car for 1/2 the price of what you're likely to pay for a new V10. I am leaning against this. And as Vincent knows, I am not afraid of this VF supercharger that is in development for the V8.
Roman
Amen to the SC upgrades. Have you talk to Nick at VFE yet? I was told $5K discount for their first 5 customers.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:11 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
LOL. Any luck on that deal for the non-FSI V-8?

Old 02-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by StorminS4

Did you not have enough of my R8 that one day?

Old 02-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by StorminS4

then we'll head over to Barrier

Old 02-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Vincent, my +1 for lunch tomorrow (Ariel) would murder me in cold blood just to sit in the passenger seat.

Your car is spectacular, and I will bust my *** to own one in the future.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Roman
Amen to the SC upgrades. Have you talk to Nick at VFE yet? I was told $5K discount for their first 5 customers.

Hey Vincent, no I didn't contact him directly but I sent an email to their main contact and didn't hear back. I'll try to reach Nick directly. I forgot you had told me there was someone in particular to talk to.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Audi R8 V10 US release letter