Audi R8 V10 US release letter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Caryl said that's fine. She hasn't been to Canlis for a while and also SHE's DRIVING
whats your stats on bringing the Quatts?

Old 02-09-2009, 10:17 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
Hey Vincent, no I didn't contact him directly but I sent an email to their main contact and didn't hear back. I'll try to reach Nick directly. I forgot you had told me there was someone in particular to talk to.
Yes he's the owner so you don't get the run around. He knows our cars inside out. Neat guy.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:25 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, I should just tell him Vincent sent me and he'll know what it's about, right?

Old 02-10-2009, 11:23 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
I just read in Road and Track $182k plus on car. That doesn't include carbon ceramic brake option. Also says the cars will have a little different grille and intakes plus different brake lights.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:20 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
I think the current engine is very capable of put out more power. The 4.2 L V8 engine is the same one they used in the Gumpert with the addition of the twin turbos and lower compressions.. It puts out a reliable 650 horsepower and 627 lb-ft. of torque no problem.

Last edited by vincentdds; 02-12-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:15 PM
MNGolfer is just really niceMNGolfer is just really niceMNGolfer is just really niceMNGolfer is just really niceMNGolfer is just really nice
The mid-west regional manager for Audi told my dealer on Monday that the V10 will be $200K MSRP. In MN walking out the door will cost ~$216K or ~$197K. My V8 walked out the door at $153K.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:17 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vincentdds
I think the current engine is very capable of put out more power. The 4.2 L V8 engine is the same one they used in the Gumpert with the addition of the twin turbos and lower compressions.. It puts out a reliable 650 horsepower and 627 lb-ft. of torque no problem.
sounds like another car going away for 14 months of engine tuning to me

Old 02-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
sounds like another car going away for 14 months of engine tuning to me
They promised me 12 months this time.(Again.)
That said the V10 still would be a phenomenal car. But with the pricing I just wonder how they will squeeze it through the unfortunate Gallardo variants.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:56 PM
A little news on the V10..........
Looks like the price of the V10 may be around $142K or so.

A memo allegedly leaked out from Audi of America indicates the Audi R8 V10 will go on sale across the United States. The memo, obtained by our friends over at AutoBlog.com, mentions the extensive media coverage and "overwhelming customer" interest as the key factors in the decision.

Fully pushing the car stateside is not a gigantic surprise since the vehicle made it's world debut in Detroit last January and the very first U.S. spec unit is set to go to auction next week in Florida at the 3rd Annual Boca Raton Concours d'Elegance.

The rear-wheel-drive Audi R8 V10 sports car features a 518 horsepower, 5.2-liter engine that produces up to 391 ft-lb of torque. This is the same engine found in the Lamborghini Gallardo (both Lambo and Audi are owned by VW). It is paired with either a six-speed manual or R-tronic six-speed sequential shift transmission. The V10 has a 0-62mph time of 3.9 seconds, and a top speed of 196 mph.

In the memo, the author sees V10 pricing being $45,000 more than the V8's $114,200 asking price. However, there is a small chance we may see the V10 priced a bit lower. In the U.K., the V10 is about £19,500 more than the V8. That corresponds to a $28,000 price difference, meaning the Audi R8 V10 could go for about $142,000. This also equals about a €22,000 price difference for the U.K. market, versus a €35,000 ($45,000) cost difference in Germany. Perhaps the memo's author took a guess based on currency exchange rates.

At least, we hope he did. Don't expect to see a rapid release of the car's in the U.S. just yet. Audi is still coping with the high popularity of the V8 models. Many customers of that car still have quite a wait before they can take delivery. U.S. deliveries of the new Audi R8 5.2 FSI V10 could begin as late as January 2010. With a little luck, America may see them starting in October.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Sendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to all
If thats true then I'd imagine it will impact Gallardo's just a bit, especially older ones. The price would be tempting to go ahead and trade mine in - If I can get past the more generic styling. Just not as visceral.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:10 PM
The Gallardo price is falling fast regardless of the R8.
They can't even sell the limited SL even before the economic crisis. I drove the Sl and R8 back to back before deciding to buy the R8. IMO the G. platform, suspension handling and braking is a step back in time compare to that of the R8. It's not visceral because it was built to be refined. And looks depends on the eye of the beholder. I hope you'd go and test drive one.

Last edited by vincentdds; 02-17-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:16 PM
They can't even sell the SL even before the economic crisis. I drove the Sl and R8 back to back before deciding to buy the R8. IMO the G. platform, suspension handling and braking is a step back in time compare to that of the R8. It's not visceral because it was built to be refined. And looks depends on the eye of the beholder. I hope you'd go and test drive one.
I'd agree. I've neve driven the super large but know that the gallardo and murci's I've driven don't compare. yes the murci has tons of power but both drive like tanks. the gallardo not near as much but the murci's drive like a sherman tank.

Audi has something here. great looking car and still ok performance in comparison to cars in the 140k range.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:57 PM
Sendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to all
They can't even sell the limited SL even before the economic crisis. I drove the Sl and R8 back to back before deciding to buy the R8. IMO the G. platform, suspension handling and braking is a step back in time compare to that of the R8. It's not visceral because it was built to be refined. And looks depends on the eye of the beholder. I hope you'd go and test drive one.

True, all cars in that category are falling fast. Ferrari and Lamborghini are definitely not immune from the economy tanking. I was just thinking the R8 V10 performance may accelerate that drop.

I do plan to go check one out at Barrier. Hopefully they will have a demo car so that I can have a true idea of what I'm getting in to. I do like the idea of refinement, just don't want too much of it

Old 02-17-2009, 11:59 PM
For those that have the V8 - how many have the manual shift vs the R Tronic?

Old 02-18-2009, 12:35 AM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sendero
For those that have the V8 - how many have the manual shift vs the R Tronic?
Sendero, I have the manual. I have never driven the R-tronic, however.

I don't think Barrier has a demo R8 for you, but I believe they still have a new dark blue one, while University has a new white one (both in the showroom floors). Park Place, however, has two on consignment so that might be your ticket for test driving one. The light blue one at Park Place has been there for many months so maybe they'll let you drive it. Especially if you show up in your Gallardo .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Audi R8 V10 US release letter