Audi R8 V10 US release letter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 03:35 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Audi R8 V10 US release letter

Hi everyone, VincentDDS recommended I sign up for 6speedonline, so here I am and will try not to make an *** of myself. I know my user name isn't very original, but I can't think of anything creative. I thought Vincent and some others might be interested in this letter just released by Audi of America and seen on an Audi-dedicated site. Actual date for ordering is dependent on your dealer's allocation and where you are on their wait list, obviously.

Roman
------------

Audi of America, Inc.
2200 Ferdinand Porsche Dr.
Herndon, VA 20171
Date:
February 2, 2009
Tel. (703) 364-7000
To:
Certified R8 Dealer and Service R8 Dealer
General Managers and Sales Managers
Chas Murphy - Product Manager TT / R8 / RS
Subject:
All-New 2009 Audi R8 V10
Audi of America is pleased to announce that the Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro
models are available for order. Audi continues to reinforce its leading position
in the high-performance sports car segment - in the R8 5.2 FSI quattro it is
rolling out the new top-of-the-line model of the R8 model series, which was
developed by its high-performance division, quattro GmbH. Its ten-cylinder
engine develops 525 hp, which is capable of delivering breathtaking
performance. Audi technologies such as quattro permanent all-wheel drive, the
lightweight aluminum body and the innovative all-LED lights propel the new top
Audi model to the top of its competitive field.
Technical Highlights:
5.2 FSI direct injected engine
o Same high-revving V10 engine found in the GT3 R8 race car
o 525 hp @ 8000 rpm
o 391 lb-ft @ 6500 rpm
o 8700 max rpm
o 196 mph top track speed
o 0-100 km/h 3.9 sec
Mid-engine/quattro concept
Available R tronic sequential transmission capable of 0.1 second shift times
Audi magnetic ride
5.2-specific suspension tuning
ASF - Audi Space Frame
Full LED headlights
Exterior differentiating features
5.2 specific exterior color offering: Sepang Blue pearl effect
5.2-specific 19-inch ten-spoke Y design forged aluminum alloy wheels with
235/35 R19 front, 295/30 R19 rear summer performance tires
Single frame grille in high-gloss black with vertical and horizontal chrome
slats
Air inlet grilles / spoiler lip high-gloss black
Air outlet grilles at rear high-gloss black
Rear end with uninterrupted black center section
Flared sideblades
Flared rocker panels
Enlarged rear diffuser
Aluminum optic engine cover vents
Oval exhaust pipes
Full LED headlights
Interior differentiating features
Fine Nappa leather seats
5.2-specific instrument cluster and gear ****
5.2-specific door handles
Standard Feature Highlights (above R8 4.2 FSI)
Fine Nappa leather seats
Audi navigation plus
Audi parking system advanced with rearview camera
Hill hold assist
Auto dimming exterior mirrors/heated/power folding
Storage Package
Please refer to today's order guide update for initial feature and option offerings
to begin placing and ranking your orders in AIM. The first allocation will occur
on February 13th. Further information about arrival and pricing will be released
at a later date.
Thank you,
Chas Murphy
Product Manager TT / R8 / RS

Old 02-03-2009, 03:36 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
hello roman! welcome to 6speed!

looking forward to meeting you at some events! =)

~jody

Old 02-03-2009, 04:29 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome Roman.
Interesting to read the street address of Audi USA being "Ferdinand Porsche Dr."
I don't see the base price in USD.

For anyone that's interested, Roman also part-owner of a private race track in Oregon. Let him know if you're interested in organizing a private track day. Great opportunity learn about your cars and stretch your legs.
Check it out.
http://www.oregonraceway.com/index_files/Page738.htm

Old 02-03-2009, 04:48 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
^^^Roman do I need to use my SuperMoto for this track? It looks awful hard on the lower riding cars

I'm shocked you guys have had enough interest 3 hours east of Portland to get this thing going already. I thought the Portland Ferrari guys 2 years ago were a few years away from getting enough interest.
Cool it's going good luck with it and I don't think gigharbor1 is bad at all.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:23 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
^Hahahaha... Well put Mark. GigHarbor1 isn't that bad.

The R8 V-10 sounds like an Audi Gallardo, which is always what I thought it would be, and isn't a bad thing by any means.

Welcome Roman.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:27 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone.

Vincent, I think the V10 Audi is going to cost a lot more than what will cost for you to keep yours and supercharge it :-)

Mark, you would need your SuperMoto in that pre-pavement photo for sure. Luckily now it's 2.4 miles of brand new pavement. There have been some pretty low riding prepped race cars on the track already (including race karts), and I haven't heard any complaints. There is a lot more elevation change, blind crests and turns on ORP vs. the other tracks in the PNW, however. A lot more fun for those that like technical tracks. There is a huge amount of intrest in this track already through word of mouth, dates are being booked and it's on the race schedules for a few bike, kart and car groups already for 2009. As Vincent mentions, this track is fully "rentable" by anyone starting in March, which is when most of the curbing, run-offs, safety features and other amenities are expected to be completed. It's really cold out there right now, but it is sunny over 300 days a year out there and there will be a lot more dry weather opportunities out there than PIR or Pacific.

We have an owner's meeting coming up in the next couple of weeks, and I can post a new thread with updates on it then.

Roman

Old 02-03-2009, 07:58 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I believe I read somewhere that the msrp for the R8 V10 will be $182k and change.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Yeah, the BASE price, and assuming no further dollar strengthening!

Old 02-03-2009, 08:08 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Yes, that's correct...hence the reason why I was going

Old 02-03-2009, 08:21 PM
So, a 2010 R8 V10 might cost more than a 2009 Gallardo that is still sitting on the dealer's lot.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:45 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
car and driver with the 600 hp shootout on the cover says $140k base price

Old 02-04-2009, 01:47 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
And Roman you do not know it yet, but I am your new best friend ;-)

I have a couple days on the calendar at your track

Old 02-04-2009, 04:48 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
That track looks a lot more technical and fun than Pacific and it seems to have a lot more room for mistake. Roman what's the longest straight away there?

Old 02-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Good question, Vincent. I should know the dimensions, but I don't. I just know it's 2.4 - 2.5 miles long with plans to do another 1.5 miles as we plow the rental income back into the property, and have them connect do do a 4 mile course. It's a frighteningly fun track to drive. If your car is under 4000 lbs, you should have a great time.

Nice to meet you, P.J. I'm trying to connect the dots now and I know you're frequent at the Proformance lapping days. Donna let me get signed up in advance for all the afternoon days this year, and I'll make as many full days as possible. Despite being one of the owners of ORP, it doesn't mean I can drive it whenever I want to. We're probably going to do a few owners' days this year. Other than that, I have to wait until there are groups that want to rent it out and I will try to get in with them. So I will be personally driving on Pacific more than ORP.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:33 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
Good question, Vincent. I should know the dimensions, but I don't. I just know it's 2.4 - 2.5 miles long with plans to do another 1.5 miles as we plow the rental income back into the property, and have them connect do do a 4 mile course. It's a frighteningly fun track to drive. If your car is under 4000 lbs, you should have a great time.

Nice to meet you, P.J. I'm trying to connect the dots now and I know you're frequent at the Proformance lapping days. Donna let me get signed up in advance for all the afternoon days this year, and I'll make as many full days as possible. Despite being one of the owners of ORP, it doesn't mean I can drive it whenever I want to. We're probably going to do a few owners' days this year. Other than that, I have to wait until there are groups that want to rent it out and I will try to get in with them. So I will be personally driving on Pacific more than ORP.
If you are going to all as many of the all day Proformance days this year... we will surely meet up.
I did almost all of the all day proformance stuff last year and I signed up this year for all of the days starting on March 31st

I am very excited to try ORP... as are many of the local guys in WA and OR... PR is a dump but better than nothing... I actually enjoy the PR track layout, but the amenities are crap, the track surface is crap, the runoffs are crap, the patch jobs on the track are crap etc.. I like to view it as the mad max of west coast tracks... I have yet to "enjoy" mission in BC but I have heard it is even worse than PR...

PR does have decent grandstands for the dragstrip though
I think it is sad that the biggest NW motorsports draw is NHRA at PR

I digress... I look forward to meeting you and I am excited to try your track out... care to sublet a little space in the "owner garage" for a set of tires and a small jack?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Audi R8 V10 US release letter