New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 07:38 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !

Old 02-14-2009, 07:38 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !

More to come

Old 02-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Two things:

1st:
AWESOME turnout! I totally loved the show. I brought the SLK and parked a little few rows down in the spill over lot. I walked maybe 30yards to the main area. I had a blast! It was nice talking to everyone, totally inclusive (as 6 speed events always are) and just about everyone understood the purpose of the event. Attract high end exotic cars to one spot and hang out.
I have some ideas for taking it farther, but I'll send those directly to the management team.

2nd:
There seems to be a "JDM" person stirring up trouble. I vote that we just ignore the young bloke and let him vent rather than respond to the inflammatory posts. Maybe they'll eventually figure it out and relax a bit. Or not...

Loved the show guys! See you next week. I'll have the Lotus during the first event in March.

cheers,

Trevor

Old 02-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
nice shots, Jason. i couldn't done any better than yours

Old 02-14-2009, 08:07 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Hi Trevor! Sorry we didn't run into each other. Thanks for your post and I'm glad you had fun. That was the whole idea. Look who we got to come play too! That was cool. We hope to draw out even more. Thanks for supporting the event!

Old 02-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyJames
Hi Trevor! Sorry we didn't run into each other. Thanks for your post and I'm glad you had fun. That was the whole idea. Look who we got to come play too! That was cool. We hope to draw out even more. Thanks for supporting the event!
Ah, but we did meet. And talked for a few minutes. I was the guy who commented about screen names and real names and how yours matched up well.

No worries.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Guys: good turn out today! This location is soooo much better for EOM that the previous. That is the reason i only went there a couple times. Now here is great! many places to go to and you fit in plenty of cars and walk around without getting hit by a car driving by

A couple ideas for organizers: I understand why some people on 6speed are frustrated and I see where they are coming from. The Majority here doesn't have the cars you are talking about in Cali. the "6speed" events I have always put together were for our group and others from F-chat and Lambopower, that was it! One way to "limit" the cars and the type it sounds like you are leaning towards is "European" and pre 78 cars. the "exotic" cars are mainly European anyways so that would really limit where you are wanting to direct the gathering.

Another idea: Decide how many cars you want to fit in the area we had today and choose those cars to be there by say 9:00am or somewhere around that time. then you don't have a guy an exotic mad because there is a GT3 in the show area when he is driving Carerra GT. This could also limited you having 15-20 360's and 430's and 10 other cars. Why look at the same thing over and over again if you want to truly have a "show" area over a parking area for a car you feel is exotic if it is worth $170 or more new.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:40 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Yea, all good ideas. We wanted to see how this first event shaped up, I think both ideas could work. I thought the Porsche representation today fit perfectly with our focus but you're right, we did have some spillover. We were not expecting that great of a turnout so early in the year. We may consider two classifications of "exotics" possibly using build geography, or retail price, combined with year. I thought it was cool that some of the classics came out too. I do like the idea of us appointing a gatekeeper to help with the gray areas, but before we get to that we wanted to see how it unfolded. We want to be able to apply whatever we do to the center of RTC at some point in the not too distant future. We'll have to work out some logistical issues, but that's an even better location if we can manage the cars.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Also, based on what people saw today, what are some guesses regarding a turnout of the same general mix if it was a nice summer day? Would it be the same group? Double? Anyone care to take a guess? The other focal point was to draw more spectators from RTC so there is that consideration as we move forward.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Bleu Omdurman
Ah, but we did meet. And talked for a few minutes. I was the guy who commented about screen names and real names and how yours matched up well.

No worries.
My apologies for not making a connection to you contacting me as I was so fragmented today as it was.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:51 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
sorry but who the hell cares who parks next to whom. all cars are cool and it shouldn't matter who's near who and what type of car you drive to these events. all people are equal and all people can bullsh#t like the rest. so park all types near all types.

Well except JDM they shouldn't be on the street anyway.

So if I show up in my Cooper S someone better not tell me to park it in the rear. I will, the rear of their 200k exotic.

Don't be snotty because you guys have better cars then us.

Outkast me or not if the coffee's good and the people are nice I'll park next to a 78 Datsun pickup truck

Old 02-14-2009, 09:13 PM
What is it with some of you people??? Why do you have such a bug up your butt over this??? This is an EXOTIC event, no different than a street rod event, or a classic car event or even a JDM event, or a monster truck event. Somehow because we use the word EXOTIC, you somehow think that entitles you to do as you please. If you don't like it, nobody is forcing you to attend. There are lots of other events around Seattle such as Southcenter which has no rules of any kind. Or better yet get yourself a backbone and start your own event and see how much fun it is to organize. Your Mini is not an exotic under any definition. The Redmond police will continue to join us to back up RTC and make sure things run smoothly and we're happy to have them there to help out.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:27 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
"you people" that's darn right sexist

since i got out of the joint for murder last year i only have 3 more months left with this damn bracelet on and i'll come up and say hi with my Mini. but until then i guess i'll just have to read about all the pretty cars on the website

Old 02-14-2009, 09:34 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
^^^Thanks for stating this Mark. I had been looking forward to coming today, but after reading the thread and learning that my 2008 997TT for which I paid $158k, qualified to park in the spillover area, so I could go admire the "exotics" in the center court, pissed me off. I enjoy these events for the friendships, conversations and to see ALL the cars which each owner feels is special and we all appreciate. I do not plan to come to these events if we are "ranked" according to any criteria, that is not what it is about for me.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by gretapass
^^^Thanks for stating this Mark. I had been looking forward to coming today, but after reading the thread and learning that my 2008 997TT for which I paid $158k, qualified to park in the spillover area, so I could go admire the "exotics" in the center court, pissed me off. I enjoy these events for the friendships, conversations and to see ALL the cars which each owner feels is special and we all appreciate. I do not plan to come to these events if we are "ranked" according to any criteria, that is not what it is about for me.
If you'd attended you'd know what an idiotic post this is. There are roughly 32 spots in that lot as we counted today. Had you been there early, you'd have come in with the others into the same area. The spillover was because of a lack of room caused by some that were clearly not exotic. We hope to sort that out. For those of you who attended and had fun, we hope you come back, for those who are out to just be an *** without checking facts, please feel free to not show up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center