New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 10:22 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TommyJames
You completely understand the spirit of what we are trying to do but we don't yet know the mix of cars around here to set the line. As an example, if this was Orange County and we said Exotics and used a line of lets say, $400k, we'd fill the lot. Still up here it's different, we have no idea how many Ferrari, Lamborghini Porsche, or anything else are even up here and because we want to be more inclusive, we've kept it open until we saw who showed up. That's why AFTER the event I asked for follow-up suggestions. Instead I've got to wade through a minefield of posts from people who, have not offered to help, don't have their facts straight yet have lots of attitude. I think you are right, that possibly using European and pre 78 may be the way to go. We wanted to have this first turnout to just see who was interested and we found the level of an exotics-focused event to be much stronger than we thought. I'd like to get some more opinions before we make a decision, but I think it's the best one I've heard.
Fantastic response finally "European and pre 78"

My mini's in...phew

Since I can't read, don't know what I'm talking about can someone tell me if England is in Europe?

Old 02-14-2009, 10:25 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
One other thing, you point out Sir Mix. It's really hard to get guys like that to show up and come back again and again if we don't define this somehow. We're just trying to get enough input and experience to nail it down. We came to 6Speed because we wanted to be as inclusive as possible without attracting the very crowd that RTC doesn't want for their image. That is a consideration.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:25 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Mini- We won't see your *** for three months anyway, remember?

Last edited by TommyJames; 02-14-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
One other thing, you point out Sir Mix. It's really hard to get guys like that to show up and come back again and again if we don't define this somehow. We're just trying to get enough input and experience to nail it down. We came to 6Speed because we wanted to be as inclusive as possible without attracting the very crowd that RTC doesn't want for their image. That is a consideration.
Remember..Mix has a love for Porsche's too he loves the european cars!!

Old 02-14-2009, 10:35 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
I think too that the "Europeon and Pre-78" is a great idea! Does this mean we all are finally getting along, phew! Time for a toast!

Old 02-14-2009, 10:36 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Mini- We won't see your *** for three months anyway, remember?
technical 3 months unless I bring my PO with me

I'm going to park next to Greta.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Brucem
Remember..Mix has a love for Porsche's too he loves the european cars!!
Yea, he's a serious car guy with expectations and so are a lot of others who we hope to bring out. This is why we're doing all we can to do it right. We also want to draw spectators and make this something special. I've looked for specific "exotic" definitions, I've looked at other organizations and even C&C is having a hell of a time nailing it because they too want to have a quality event. We want this to be something that people don't do once a year, but want to come back week after week because it's interesting. We have a bigger challenge than most because we have to work against winter while OC-C&C only has to worry about shorter days. To sustain something we've got to push the high end as much as possible while also including all we can on the lower end. I can't think of another way. And with respect to a Mini, I don't see that drawing people unless we shoot it out of a cannon with someone in it and it still drives when we're done.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:38 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
We forgot the most important part....all the cars need to be WHITE to park in the middle

Old 02-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Don't worry, H2OSkier, we'll get that bracelet off you somehow.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:43 PM
I'll buy the paint the the morning. How many gallons of white paint do you want?

Old 02-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
hey at least Mark has the only WHITE Mini around

Old 02-14-2009, 10:47 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
"you people" that's darn right sexist
"Tropic Thunder" is worth renting on the value of the "you people"-scene alone.

Also apropos of this conversation since that scene is all about people's preconceptions causing misunderstandings and offense.

Mark; I guarantee that you and Tommy would get on like a house on fire. Humor and sarcasm here in these threads can (and often are) misinterpreted and an attitude is assumed where none exists. Tommy and Vic are great down-to-earth guys with a passion for cars, just the same as you and I. There was absolutely no elitism, snobbery or bad attitudes on display by *any* of the participants today, everyone had a great time and I'm happy to have taken part at the inaugural event.

EVERYONE: Hold your judgement and assumptions until AFTER you've attended one of the meets; then decide.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:49 PM
mjf
mjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Since I can't read, don't know what I'm talking about can someone tell me if England is in Europe?
Only when it's convenient to the English.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Paul...what does Mark really know about cars anyways?

Old 02-14-2009, 10:52 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Brucem
Paul...what does Mark really know about cars anyways?
Anyone who orders a white Scuderia is ay-oh-kay in my book (even if he's just copying my idea LOL LOL -- anyone remember what GD&R means, and speaking of, why no one uses it any more ??).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center