New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Guys I ran into Anthony (mix) on the freeway not at the Supermall meet place. If we had a caravan that was set I would think he would like to join us in the drive. he would have fun with the car..but he is a respectful driver nice guy too

Old 02-14-2009, 11:50 PM
lpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud of
Nice shots of the GT2 Jason ! Beautiful car !

Old 02-14-2009, 11:51 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
I chatted with him about cars for a bit. He seems as excited about the next meet as anybody else. Anthony, that is...

Old 02-15-2009, 12:10 AM
TypeRryan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by atomic80
TypeRryan,

If you're here to cause trouble then I'd appreciate it if you took your business elsewhere. We're all car enthusiasts here with a shared love and respect for our cars of varying types. If you're going to continue bashing us folks then..LEAVE.

im not bashing im just seeing whose welcome. you think im not a car enthusiast cuz i didnt go to park place to buy a fast car nothing against park place love the cars i know that most probably purchase at dealerships like thise

Old 02-15-2009, 12:13 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Jason, there is no way your car wouldn't have been welcome unless several hundred showed up. I think reality is setting in, that this is likely to be big. We had a mini-C&C crisis today and it does make it clear that even if it were okay with RTC (which it is not) we'd still have to define the event. I think that should now be obvious to everyone who was there. So, that being said, we will have to come up with the right way to both define "exotic" so that it is more inclusive. Second, there are a lot of people who want to take pictures so we need to consider the setup. The big F450 would have made it difficult to get some field shots. Do we park classics against one wall as we did today? If we do get a lot of white cars, and we want to group them together, we've got to deal with that too. We can do themes, even invite groups of non-exotics for a sub-section where they can both meet each other and still be a part of everything else. That way if a group of Mini owners recently released from house arrest want to congregate in their own mini-Mini group we can somehow make that work. If it gets out of hand, RTC won't want us there so we've got to tread lightly and keep working the problem.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Airborne Ranger
Japanese Domestic Market
often referred to a variation of a vehicle or parts to a vehicle that is not OEM here in the states..

The opposite of which is the USDM.

ie: I removed my USDM Infiniti badges and replaced them with JDM Skyline ones.

correct...i wonder if any of you european car owners ever heard of EDM

Old 02-15-2009, 12:15 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Far from it. We all see you as simply out to create a problem where we don't think one exists. Paul's comments were heart-felt by a lot of us.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by EM5PWR
With or without soy sauce..

hmmm idk how bout you put up some money and show us what your stock car is made of lol

Old 02-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by mr2guysingh
His Honda Civic with a B16 turbo is mad tyte y0!
lol it is since i smoke cars like yours

Old 02-15-2009, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by TommyJames
TypeRryan- The reason we decided to call it Exotics at RTC is because that is our focus. We do not include JDMs in that general definition of Exotics. While we want you to come and meet and talk with some of the owners, we're not going to broaden our focus to include JDMs because comments like yours keep some of the exotics away that we are trying to attract in the first place. I'm sorry but JDMs do not bring out the cars or the audience we want, or RTC wants to attract. It's the rare, the expensive, the extremely unusual, etc., that are more inline with what RTC wants to draw and where we feel more comfortable taking this venue. You always have Southcenter and any other event you want to create on your own. I encourage you to look closely at the wider shots, more of which will be posted soon. They show what is and isn't interesting to people and we are looking to build this event into something rare and special that can sustain itself year around. Your comment only reinforces why we had concerns in the first place.
all i gotta say is that new skyline that was there and the red s2000 from kent look boss. to bad more didnt show up. but props to the ppl i do know exotics and have respect for any and all fast cars. and arent just based on how deep your pockets go.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:22 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Originally Posted by TypeRryan
im not bashing im just seeing whose welcome. you think im not a car enthusiast cuz i didnt go to park place to buy a fast car nothing against park place love the cars i know that most probably purchase at dealerships like thise
What I find amusing about you is that you have gone from 6speed to F-chat to say how fast your honda is. I know JDM cars pretty well and know how quick they can be, but you can BUILD any car to be that way. Heck if you want quick I'll grab the 30+ year old street car that runs 8's

The end result (as of right now) of the gathering is that it is a Euro car gathering "mainly" and everyone is invited to check things out and enjoy the cars.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:31 AM
FerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TypeRryan
I would skip RTC, looks like grammar school would be a better investment of your time and money.

Oh and I drive a 04 350Z. Word up Bruv!!

Old 02-15-2009, 12:40 AM
"lol it is since i smoke cars like yours"

Yea, until your parents want there car back. Go to Southcenter and have fun.

Last edited by TommyJames; 02-15-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by Brucem
Guys: good turn out today! This location is soooo much better for EOM that the previous. That is the reason i only went there a couple times. Now here is great! many places to go to and you fit in plenty of cars and walk around without getting hit by a car driving by

A couple ideas for organizers: I understand why some people on 6speed are frustrated and I see where they are coming from. The Majority here doesn't have the cars you are talking about in Cali. the "6speed" events I have always put together were for our group and others from F-chat and Lambopower, that was it! One way to "limit" the cars and the type it sounds like you are leaning towards is "European" and pre 78 cars. the "exotic" cars are mainly European anyways so that would really limit where you are wanting to direct the gathering.

Another idea: Decide how many cars you want to fit in the area we had today and choose those cars to be there by say 9:00am or somewhere around that time. then you don't have a guy an exotic mad because there is a GT3 in the show area when he is driving Carerra GT. This could also limited you having 15-20 360's and 430's and 10 other cars. Why look at the same thing over and over again if you want to truly have a "show" area over a parking area for a car you feel is exotic if it is worth $170 or more new.

your car is sick. i like how you got mods done to it and dont look like the rest of the crew. cars that look the same and perform like they do from the factory is pretty lame. i attended some of these meets before. seemed like just your typical bolt ons and ppl with to much money.originality is key.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
"you people" that's darn right sexist

since i got out of the joint for murder last year i only have 3 more months left with this damn bracelet on and i'll come up and say hi with my Mini. but until then i guess i'll just have to read about all the pretty cars on the website
i second that thats why i built my car rather then buy. you deal with snobby ppl who dont know **** about cars other then what they read in magazines.

when you get that bracelet off hit me up ill roll up there for a nice cup of coffee

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center