New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't take it as far as to say typical Asian kid. I've known just as many Asian, White, Black, and Hispanic Ricers. Thanks to technology discovered and implemented by minute rice, rice-a-roni and uncle ben, rice now comes in all flavors. When I was into imports a lot of my Asian friend's had hondas, all of which were tastely done. They were well mannered and never came onto a forum boasting as these two have. My buddy had a civic with a built h22 w/ a turbo kit added on. That thing could fly, but like most people here that don't possess exotic cars, we always looked up at the next echelon of cars and waited for the day that we could own something near that class.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
I wouldn't take it as far as to say typical Asian kid. I've known just as many Asian, White, Black, and Hispanic Ricers. Thanks to technology discovered and implemented by minute rice, rice-a-roni and uncle ben, rice now comes in all flavors. When I was into imports a lot of my Asian friend's had hondas, all of which were tastely done. They were well mannered and never came onto a forum boasting as these two have. My buddy had a civic with a built h22 w/ a turbo kit added on. That thing could fly, but like most people here that don't possess exotic cars, we always looked up at the next echelon of cars and waited for the day that we could own something near that class.
my post edited.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:56 AM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
6speedonline shouldnt of opened registration to everyone.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Anyways, Tommy and Vic is this slotted to be a weekly occurence? I'm referring to the RTC meet not the disgruntled JDM posting

Old 02-15-2009, 11:10 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
Anyways, Tommy and Vic is this slotted to be a weekly occurence? I'm referring to the RTC meet not the disgruntled JDM posting
Yes, depending on weather. We'll post something if it's not going to happen. Typically if there is a 30% chance of rain or higher we probably will call it off, because around here when they get up to 30%, it really means that it's going to rain 30% of the time.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Apple Sauce is infamous around these parts
Yes, weather being good enough, i.e. not raining, this is a weekly event.

Vic

Old 02-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
perhaps next week will have a different "theme"?

Old 02-15-2009, 11:43 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
We're not ready to do themes yet. We're still sorting out the mix and how to best manage this event.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:48 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I'm not sure if it'd be agreeable to start thinking about or even actually doing "themes" because that could cause a whole lot more controversy. If one was to say, Lambos only then Ferrari guys would start complaining. Ferrari only, then Lambo guys would complain. Hell, maybe we could just do a white only theme. Mark would take that one for sure.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:57 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
back on topic...

I went to the event and do not really conisder my car to be "exotic" per se... sure it is a GT3 and there are not that many of them... but it is a 996 GT3 worth maybe $60-65K stock in todays market. To put that in perspective, I would not be suprised if some of the owners in attendance have $60K in shoes, toilet paper, hair care products, etc..

So I pull in thinking they might not want me parking in the Lambo/Ferrari lot... whatever... no sweat of my back. I am not sure who was directing traffic at say 8:40 or so, but I rolled in with a few other cars and (997TT, S550, Vette, Ferraris, etc) and we were all pointed into THE parking area... great...whatever... I parked by the desert fire dumpster

Immediately got to chatting with friends -- Trevor and I talked a bit of business, economy, etc... Brian (Senna) and I some more... I have been meaning to formally introduce myself to Jim and to look at his 964 C4 widebody... formally met, went to look at his car (I love 964s) and Jim handed me the keys and we went for a spin around the block... Talked to Bruce who introduced me to Joe from ACC and his friend Mike... we walked to SBUX talking cars the whole way... Joe wanted a ride in my car to feel the ring and pinion, we rode, then we went for a ride in his car for comparisons sake.

I am not usually a fan of the get togethers that do not include some sort of a reasonable drive, but this one was great. Nice to see the usuals (or at least some of them) and nice to meet new people.

Now was the event a success in my mind because I got to park near the Ferraris and Lambos -- no. It was a success because there were a lot of nice "car" people there. At no time did I feel like "I did not belong".

Would I go again - yes
Even if I were relegated to the "JV" lot -- yes
Why -- to see the people that make this "hobby" fun and interesting. Sure it is nice to see the cars as well... but you've seen one lime green lambo roadster/scuderia/997TT/355/stradale/whatever, to some degree you have seen them all... However... if you have see one bad to the bone flat black wrapped FGT you have not seen them all... I miss that car. One of my favorites and its lack of attendance was noticed by me

Its the people, people!

Now speaking to the "exclusionary" chatter... I have little to no interest in fart can JDM import "ricer" cars... Sure I can appreciate the work that goes into them and how they can make a civic 4 cyl so quick and all that... I can appreciate it... truly. It is just not my bag baby... no harm, no offense, etc... I would venture to say that is basically the feeling of most of the attendees and most of 6speed as well. Go on with your bad self and keep building and "qtr miling" those cars... keep getting wood when you beat a Ferrari... just be aware that most of the exotics you are "smoking" could care less about getting edged at best in stoplight drag race. I digress... but if you are interested in the exotica and the people, come to the event, just don't cry IF you are not allowed to park in between the scuderias... I won't either. Cheers.

I would tell all the 6speed NW regulars (you know who you are), that not attending based on what has been written in this thread is understandable, but was not the case in actuality. DJ's 993TT (an absolute beauty) could have taken my spot near the dumpster with ease. Greta's always clean 997TT would have felt right at home. Where was Larry with his blue 997TT and his normal cheerful manner? Mark, even in his Mini... etc... I missed you guys (and gals -- BG)

As far as informal parking lot get togethers go... I thought this was a very good one. Nice cars, nice people, decent weather, crappy coffee (is SBUX serious with that crap they serve... boiled milk... I am glad you left Greta... their coffee sucks )

And Troy, your often tracked M3 is exotic enough for me, I love that car! We can park together anytime.

To the organizers -- thanks for setting it up. I had a great time.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:11 PM
For the record, I nor Vic directed you to park and specific spot other than with the other cars in the big lot. I'm the one who pointed you with the rest of us.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:17 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Tom,

I don't think you need to defend yourself anymore. It's obvious that people have finally started to understand things now.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:28 PM
What I've continue to notice is that there are broad assumptions made about the attitudes of the Lamborghini/Ferrari guys that seems to err on the side of us being somehow judgmental of the Porsche crowd. I don't know the history there at all, so I don't know what drives this assumption that presumes we're first going to be dicks unless we prove otherwise. I'm growing weary of having to prove myself to people who have never even met me. Even assumptions about how some of us spend our money are typical stereotypes that are really not a part of this event or I wouldn't attend. For the record, I spent a big part of my life tossing every dime I had into my next venture. I was as broke as they come. In the 80s I drove a four-door diesel Rabbit for God sake, so give me some sympathy here! I've also never worked for Microsoft. I think everyone who was there had a great time and I didn't care if they were rich or poor, had a fleet of cars or only one, I was there to have fun with other car guys. My car doesn't define me so for those of you posting negative stereotypes please don't make assumptions about anything related to this event because of what I or the others drive. To be honest, outside of the occasional branding attire, I couldn't tell you who owned what car just by talking to someone. Come up and chat with people and talk cars and if you see me standing around freezing, come chat with me.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by atomic80
Tom,

I don't think you need to defend yourself anymore. It's obvious that people have finally started to understand things now.
Sorry Jason, I'm getting worn out on this too. I never thought it would be this much of a pain in the ***.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:43 PM
EM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe you guys should try starting out with a group hug first , then maybe some of the tudes will go away.. Watch out for RB though he'll drop his keys every time.. I'll try to make it out next time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center