New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:16 AM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
[quote=TommyJames;2252099] C&C set new rules that unless it's exotic (extremely limited in numbers) or built before 1978 you can't get in.

I guess by this definition my Porsche 997 Turbo doesn't qualify, because it certainly hasn't been built in limited numbers, but then neither has the Ferrari F430. So I'm somewhat confused as to what an exotic is. (a 1948 Buick Roadmaster perhaps?)

I'm sure most of you are not interested in my Porsche. After all IMO they haven't changed their appearance in about 40 years and they're no more than a stepped on Beetle.

I've only been to 2 EOM and it seemed the "exotic" owners were their own worst enemy with the loud exhausts and penchant for showing off to impress the crowd.

If I do show up, I'll park my Audi way off in the distance and out of sight, so as not to embarrass anyone.

I wish you all a successful event.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EM5PWR
Sounds like my wallet is too small to attend. You guys have fun with the us and them car meet..
I dont think its your wallet that is too small

Anyways its all good. I know each car "niche" has their own agenda. We had an all lotus get together yesterday until this "ricer" showed up in his dirty GTR and ruined our photo opps.

The main flaw I see in this is that when picking a public venue and post it on a public forum, you are almost bound to have people of a different "niche" come by or join in. Sort of like at the SC get together a few weeks back. Yes, it was posted it on several forums, but I doubt it was posted on State Patrol or Tukwila Sherrifs Dept forums, yet they ended up there. The same goes for the numerous BMW, Pontiacs, Hondas, Mini-vans, etc.

To me you should probably just define it as an Italian meet or something along those lines. That way its a clear definition as to ensure people don't get offended by the lack of inclusion when the term "exotic" is used. I have a lotus with a ricer wing,a fart can, and a snail that makes it fart louder, but I don't label the car as exotic. People that aren't much into cars say its exotic. I usually reply with its the sexiest thing I could afford at the time. So I take no offense to the "exotics only theme" but for others I'd say just narrow it down as to not hurt feelings. We aren't here to coddle and nuture each others prides, yet we are all friends so there is no need for name calling or harshness if you end up being included or not.

I support your plan and whole-heartedly understand it because it happens in every car group out there but like I said just use specific models to eliminate problems. If not it could be like me showing up to a KKK meeting because I heard there was going to be free ribs....

Last edited by Eliseguy; 02-09-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
now please do list out the cars that are "exotic" ? just for my own reference.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:46 AM
mjf
mjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
If not it could be like me showing up to a KKK meeting because I heard there was going to be free ribs....
didn't they mention it was *your* ribs....

Old 02-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mjf
didn't they mention it was *your* ribs....
that fine print always gets me.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:53 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
These were the rules that Cars and Coffee is proposing, it has nothing to do with Redmond Town Center or what we are thinking. We don't agree with that method either but know we've got to define it somehow or we end up with the same problems. Rather than **** on our efforts, why not try and come up with something? There are always those people that will whine about everything, but never do one thing to help out. At least we took to the time and effort to do something so that we meet expectations. If you think a free-for-all is the way to go, then support Southcenter, if you think it should somehow be regulated, then help us with RTC.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:54 AM
FerRrari is infamous around these parts
PauL: Thanks, it was nice meeting you as well, check your PM.

Tommy: Is there a chance of a 288 GTO showing up? Besides the one at Maranello and the (IMHO) abominable creation for the salt racing displayed at the Des Moines concourse I've never seen one in person

Old 02-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Apple Sauce is infamous around these parts
Whoa!!!!!!!

I see folks have got the their hackles up in the air.

Tommy and I have been working on this for quite sometime, I'm sorry that our inexperience in setting this up has caused so much confusion, and possible hurt feelings.

For the record, I have an F360 and E46 with goodies in installed. From time to time, I like driving my "daily" M3(blk/Blk) to EoM. I hope not to get kicked out either!
LOL!

E@RTC is a free-form function with some very basic guidelines. The main focus is to get the guys with EXOTICS to bring their garage queens out and show them off. As Tommy has said many times in his replies we have to place some guidelines so that in the event this grows to the unwieldily numbers like the C&C-Irvine over 700 cars every weekend we can then have to make those difficult decisions of who gets a primo display stall and who doesn't.

We wish to bring over the spirit of Exotics on Main to a bigger venue.
BTW, I would love to talk to some of you about P cars, I'm thinking of buying one, So there! Let's see those RUF's and 997TT's. Maybe Roy will bring his CGT this weekend. Tom sometimes brings his Hummer H2 with Mathilda (his dog) riding shotgun. I don't think anyone in our small gathering at EoM is a snob. We want this to a be a fun filled morning of folks showing off their cars, telling a few lies about how they talked themselves out of a ticket, etc.

We've publicized this event to the world, there will be a few kids with their cars. Kids will be kids with their cars, enough said!! I was once one, so I know ))))--- My F360 brings out the kid in me.....

In my opinion, I'd rather have fun with Class A people than Class A cars, but let's hope to have both!!!!! I'm sure Tom and the gang feel the same way.

Vic in Seattle

Old 02-09-2009, 11:08 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FerRrari
PauL: Thanks, it was nice meeting you as well, check your PM.

Tommy: Is there a chance of a 288 GTO showing up? Besides the one at Maranello and the (IMHO) abominable creation for the salt racing displayed at the Des Moines concourse I've never seen one in person
Absolutely, we're trying to simply keep a general theme so we have some way to regulate the event as it grows. We're doing this so the maximum number of people who have show-worthy cars can attend, and so we meet the expectation of those who spend the money and time to bring out their exotic cars or drive a long way to see something interesting.

Again, to those of you who are still upset and don't get it, this is a much SMALLER lot than Cars and Coffee and I encourage you to go read the 10+ pages of complaints on the C&C site and ask yourself how you'd now solve those problems when you never defined the event in the first place. Look at the photos of the cars that didn't get in, then listen to the stories about who did get in and how it hurt everyone. If that's the event you want, you've got Southcenter. Have at it. For those of us who want to see truly rare and exotic, we'll do our best to meet your expectations at RTC and not everything will get in as we grow. Sorry, there is no way we can please everyone.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:30 AM
mjf
mjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drpasteur
now please do list out the cars that are "exotic" ? just for my own reference.
go to cars.com, do a search on your cars make. If it returns 1500, that's their maximum, so pick a specific model.

Morgan: 0
Lotus: 133
Aston Martin: 269
Lamborghini : 330
Ferrari: 854
Fiat: 1 (chuckle)

and some specific exotic models:
Audi R8: 50
Ford GT: 48
Porsche Carrera GT: 21
Porsche 911 GT2: 35

etc etc you get the idea.

The above suggested idea, by the way, is just as ridiculous as any other attempt to define exotic.

Exotic by definition is also dependent on where you are. A car that would be exotic in a less affluent neighborhood would probably not garner the same attention in an area where they're more common.

Despite that though, I think the organizer's intent is clear, they want to try and have a display area where they can share their cars and show them off a little. All while grabbing a coffee and chatting with other people that are excited about cars.

The definition for parking in the show area could be pretty simple: do you want people looking at your car?

Old 02-09-2009, 11:41 AM
mjf
In an attempt to lighten the thread, and remind everyone why we're here I present this font of wisdom:

Old 02-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Lots of wisdom to behad from the all powerful red x

Old 02-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Banned
ILLTech Auto is a name known to allILLTech Auto is a name known to allILLTech Auto is a name known to allILLTech Auto is a name known to allILLTech Auto is a name known to allILLTech Auto is a name known to all
In my opinion talking about this here is not going to help sanitize an Exotic car meet. There will still be a grey area with cars that some consider exotic and rare. I'm all for an exclusive event where selective car owners can get together, but where do you draw the line? If someone acts up, we ask them to leave. If a guy parks his S2000 next to your Lambo, make sure he doesn't ding your door.

Maybe making it a 6speedonline registered user event might be the way to go. Maybe add a dress code...it works in Vegas!

Old 02-09-2009, 12:34 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a great place for gathering all the Cool cars in the NW.
Now how about making the weather cooperate so we can group hugs over nice cup of coffee.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Sounds like a great place for gathering all the Cool cars in the NW.
Now how about making the weather cooperate so we can group hugs over nice cup of coffee.
Theres a rumor that says the best hug come from behind.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center