New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 09:36 PM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by EM5PWR
I like the group hug idea...
sounds good, but I don't want anyone behind me, unless I get to drive their exotic!

Old 02-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BuzzedHornet
sounds good, but I don't want anyone behind me, unless I get to drive their exotic!
Someone is a cheap date

Old 02-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Busta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud of
Wow, there is a lot of tension in this thread. I do not own an exotic car and typically enjoy and prefer a general 6Speed GTG/C&C style event where enthusiasts of all stripes come together to BS about cars and ogle at each other's cars. Everyone I've met through 6Speed has been great and I appreciate that about this site.

But Applesauce and TommyJames are setting up an alternate location to EoM and are kindly extending an open invite for people to come by and check out their fine rides. EoM by definition is intended for exotics. If you have to ask, then you probably are not driving one. Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your ride or that the owners are better than you.

Let's respect this special event for what it is intended for and appreciate the warm invitation into this otherwise exclusive club of ownership. Where else would you get to see such cars up close and chat with the owners on a weekly basis? The Southcenter GTG has its purpose and is a place to show up in whatever car you proudly own and not have to feel excluded. I just don't understand the animosity for an event intended for exotics. It's like complaining about not being able to show your Porsche at a Nissan meet. This is a special-purpose gathering. We should respect this. Yes, the definition of "exotic" is open to interpretation, but like I said, I think most people know what qualifies as an exotic. It sounds like the organizers are willing to lean towards being more inclusive than exclusive, so kudos to them. If you are on the fence or don't have an exotic, it shouldn't prevent you from showing up and appreciating the nice cars.

And I'm sure Applesauce and TommyJames would agree that they are not being exclusive out of a feeling of superiority. I certainly don't get that vibe. They are just simply making a special event for rarely seen vehicles and garage queens. I support the spirit of your event and hope to make it out some weekends and check out the heavy metal on display at RTC. 'Nuff said.

Jim

Old 02-09-2009, 10:20 PM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
That's me =)

Old 02-10-2009, 01:02 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Thanks Jim, you said it way better than I did in my many attempts.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
i'll be there but park somewhere else and walk

Old 02-10-2009, 07:17 AM
EM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Wow, there is a lot of tension in this thread. I do not own an exotic car and typically enjoy and prefer a general 6Speed GTG/C&C style event where enthusiasts of all stripes come together to BS about cars and ogle at each other's cars. Everyone I've met through 6Speed has been great and I appreciate that about this site.

But Applesauce and TommyJames are setting up an alternate location to EoM and are kindly extending an open invite for people to come by and check out their fine rides. EoM by definition is intended for exotics. If you have to ask, then you probably are not driving one. Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your ride or that the owners are better than you.

Let's respect this special event for what it is intended for and appreciate the warm invitation into this otherwise exclusive club of ownership. Where else would you get to see such cars up close and chat with the owners on a weekly basis? The Southcenter GTG has its purpose and is a place to show up in whatever car you proudly own and not have to feel excluded. I just don't understand the animosity for an event intended for exotics. It's like complaining about not being able to show your Porsche at a Nissan meet. This is a special-purpose gathering. We should respect this. Yes, the definition of "exotic" is open to interpretation, but like I said, I think most people know what qualifies as an exotic. It sounds like the organizers are willing to lean towards being more inclusive than exclusive, so kudos to them. If you are on the fence or don't have an exotic, it shouldn't prevent you from showing up and appreciating the nice cars.

And I'm sure Applesauce and TommyJames would agree that they are not being exclusive out of a feeling of superiority. I certainly don't get that vibe. They are just simply making a special event for rarely seen vehicles and garage queens. I support the spirit of your event and hope to make it out some weekends and check out the heavy metal on display at RTC. 'Nuff said.

Jim
Well said Jim..

Old 02-10-2009, 07:18 AM
EM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BuzzedHornet
That's me =)

Old 02-12-2009, 08:51 AM
ivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to behold
WOW - 7 pages in 2 days over a coffee meet...

Sounds like you guys have had some fun, and are planning to expand. Good for you, Enjoy.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:21 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Lets hope we can turn it into something really worthwhile at RTC. I look forward to more discussion at RTC!

Old 02-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Guys, let all calm down. I have been to C&C a few times, & it's been fun. It's all about the cars, IMHO, there isn't much difference between most of our 911's & some of the older Ferraris. I can by 2 308's for the price of my C4S, & let not forget cars like Ben & Marks 993 Turbo S, they are almost in the $200,000 range.

I was under the impression C&C was about a bunch of gear heads meeting up, bringing out their own favorite toy, then hanging out. I now feel a little embarrassed that I brought out my less then exotic C4S. To me it's one of the sexiest things on 4 wheels, & while not exotic, it's very special to me. A compromise because I can't afford a 993 Turbo S.

Chances are I'm never going to make it out to RTC, the traffic around there sucks, & it's just to far for a short hang out, & will take me over 3 hrs to get there & home.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but @ the Southcenter meet, we had a TON of Exotics out there, & also a few Honda's, Mitsu's, & Nissans. I would say everyone was very respectful, courteous, & very friendly. Every car had plenty of room to park!!! Im my mind it was the essence of what C&C was, gear heads meeting up & hanging out. All the "lesser" guys who showed up also behaved, there were no donuts, & burn outs.

I also really like the Southcenter meet up, it's centrally located for just about every one, very easy off & on the freeway, & no harsh speed bumps (RTC) or big sidewalk bumps to get over. It chaps me that just about every thing we do is in Bellevue, even if it starts some where else. There are a TON of exotic cars down south, & over in Seattle.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:56 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Tommy and Vic just do your thing and when the cool cars show up people will understand.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks. I don't get it, Exotics on Main's been around a while and I don't see a lot of *****ing about it. We move it five miles east, define it so we don't get kicked out and so some have a reason to bring out special cars that otherwise rarely come out and people still complain. We posted here and on other sites with suggestions and got few. There are cars in the south, there are also cars in the north that also have to come a long way. We couldn't think of a location in Seattle that was ideal. If Southcenter is what you prefer, then great, you've not seen us post a thing asking it to move. We think RTC is an excellent location with more food choices, better facilities, especially when we're organized enough to move into RTC center where there are balconies all around for some terrific photos and a chance for pedestrians to actually come out and see the cars. We're thinking long-term. I predict that if Southcenter doesn't define itself and it grows to any real size, it will become unwelcome in the neighborhood, which is why C&C is no longer in a commercial zone and now located in motor industry parking lot. It only takes a few idiots to spoil it for everyone and we're thinking long term.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:46 AM
mdash is a glorious beacon of lightmdash is a glorious beacon of lightmdash is a glorious beacon of lightmdash is a glorious beacon of lightmdash is a glorious beacon of lightmdash is a glorious beacon of light
Is there ample parking near where the "exotics" will be parked? I don't drive anything near exotic but I would still like to come by and look. I don't know RTC very well, I know how to get to the parking structure near REI and that is it. Looking at your map it appears you will be on the other side of the shopping center. Thanks for the info.

mdash

Old 02-12-2009, 10:57 AM
We will be just east of Desert Fire. Eventually we hope to move into Redmond Town Center- center square once we get some idea of how we're going to make this work. If you're using a GPS, the address at Desert Fire is 7211 166th Ave NE Redmond, WA 98052 which is in the south surface lot of RTC. We hope to see you there!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center