New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Apple Sauce is infamous around these parts
On my ride in the car, I had know idea how or if the accelerator was being modulated for control of the car. Turbo Lag, what lag?
As Tom says, "any lag in the bigger picture doesn't matter." As road-going street legal vehicle, the SSC UA is stinking fast!!
I got the sense that the tires lost traction most of the time the accelerator was ON, and that careful throttle control was THE traction control. I can't imagine IF the tires did get 100% traction, It could potentially break something in the drive line---yikes!!

On a drag car, the tires and the clutch are the traction control, otherwise something will break, and sometimes it does!!!

Anyway, I felt the car was in good control, and wickedly fast.
What a rush!

Vic

Old 03-23-2009, 10:22 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Talking

Originally Posted by Apple Sauce
On my ride in the car, I had know idea how or if the accelerator was being modulated for control of the car. Turbo Lag, what lag?
As Tom says, "any lag in the bigger picture doesn't matter." As road-going street legal vehicle, the SSC UA is stinking fast!!
I got the sense that the tires lost traction most of the time the accelerator was ON, and that careful throttle control was THE traction control. I can't imagine IF the tires did get 100% traction, It could potentially break something in the drive line---yikes!!

On a drag car, the tires and the clutch are the traction control, otherwise something will break, and sometimes it does!!!

What a rush!

Vic
I'm with Smart

Old 03-23-2009, 10:55 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by germeezy1
The benefit of a lightweight and stiff chassis is amazing roadholding and an acceptable ride at the same time. The no traction or stability control and the 1180 hp makes it not for the faint of heart or of right foot.
Not true at all. Lightweight and stiff is one of the reasons the car will break the tires at any larger throttle input. Not to mention the 1k hp. The car better turn well for 600k. I think you'd find very quickly on a track this car would be more than a handful and even the guy who brought the car up would struggle keeping this much turbo'd power in a lightweight stiff car on any track. I'd assume they would soften the car up as far as possible for any track demonstration.

Wheelspin at freeway speeds is truly an amazing experience, only the very few and lucky have been able to experience that. I always joke, my car will spin the tires at 70 another twin turbo car I drove would spin them at 90 mph, I won't sleep until I experience wheelspin at 120 mph. The Aero I bet would wheelspin at 120 mph.
You my friend are not allowed anywhere near me on any drive EVER. You seem to have a very diluted sense of reality and common sense.

Originally Posted by Apple Sauce

What a rush!

Vic
Vic I agree with you. The guy giving test drives has probably driven these cars many miles. It's funny he broke it free a little with you in the car and I bet he was doing his best not to. I'm sure this car would break them free whenever you tried on any slight corner. 2800lbs and 1200hp is a recipe for a totalled car 999-1000 drivers or if Tommy (the number of these things supposedly sold ) is correct 24.975 out of the 25 cars sold. You won't see these cars on the road because people have common sense. Ask VincentDDS how many miles he drove is Venom Viper 1000hp before he sold it. Not a comparison to the two cars just showing how these cars just shouldn't be driven with this much horsepower.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:58 AM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Very well put Mark.

Also have to agree with you on about not wanting to be anywhere near germeezy on the road lol

Old 03-23-2009, 11:16 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Not true at all. Lightweight and stiff is one of the reasons the car will break the tires at any larger throttle input. Not to mention the 1k hp. The car better turn well for 600k. I think you'd find very quickly on a track this car would be more than a handful and even the guy who brought the car up would struggle keeping this much turbo'd power in a lightweight stiff car on any track. I'd assume they would soften the car up as far as possible for any track demonstration.

You my friend are not allowed anywhere near me on any drive EVER. You seem to have a very diluted sense of reality and common sense.

Vic I agree with you. The guy giving test drives has probably driven these cars many miles. It's funny he broke it free a little with you in the car and I bet he was doing his best not to. I'm sure this car would break them free whenever you tried on any slight corner. 2800lbs and 1200hp is a recipe for a totalled car 999-1000 drivers or if Tommy (the number of these things supposedly sold ) is correct 24.975 out of the 25 cars sold. You won't see these cars on the road because people have common sense. Ask VincentDDS how many miles he drove is Venom Viper 1000hp before he sold it. Not a comparison to the two cars just showing how these cars just shouldn't be driven with this much horsepower.
Agree with you completely on this one Mark.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:18 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Ask VincentDDS how many miles he drove is Venom Viper 1000hp before he sold it. Not a comparison to the two cars just showing how these cars just shouldn't be driven with this much horsepower.
Being a passenger in any car with more than 500 Hp will feels fast regardless. There's no real physical difference between a 500hp and a 1Khp car on the streets except people's imagination. Almost impossible to unleash 1000 Hp. There is just simply not enough open roads in this area for high hp car. You either run out of room or run into the troopers. But it's fun for bragging rights.

Last edited by vincentdds; 03-23-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:27 AM
I will add to what Mark said. I know my car and I've got 7,500 miles of experience with it and even then it can scare the hell out of me if I'm not paying close attention, and it's AWD, WITH traction control. I can break the tires loose, but that's not the intent, ever. If I doubled the HP in my car, the reality in a road car is that I'd only see an incremental difference in performance and the risk/reward curve would change to the negative. I liked the UA because of the ride and it's unique qualities. It has a place for some owners, but it's matter of time before you start to see accidents, just as LP640s have piled up and they are far better mannered. The UA demands an experienced driver from the start, and not just a weekend course.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:38 AM
The UA auction ends at 5 today. Don't forget to put in your bids!

Old 03-23-2009, 12:24 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Wait how did my statement about a lightweight and stiff chassis leading to the acceptable ride quality be morphed into some big rant? Also if you don't like cars with big power fine, but don't make the Aero to be a minor achievement because of your views on the car.

For a company in West Richland without an unlimited budget to produce a car that is the fastest in the world is truly amazing. And do you honestly think I experience wheelspin everyday at freeway speeds or try to? I just said in my opinion it is an amazing experience, and an adrenalin rush.

I actually drive very sane 99% of the time, alot of my drives are top off with the little girl. I didn't realize how many insane 700 plus RWHP cars are out there that people drive all the time. Heck in Texas you need 800 to the tire to win any races

Old 03-23-2009, 12:28 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
The people that can afford a UA can also afford countless hours of professional drivers training. Also cars like the UA are not like the GTR were you don't have the ultimate respect for the car at all time as I am sure Jarrod Shelby does. You know you can't slam the throttle coming out of corners or the myriad of other mistakes a modern car with traction and stabilty control will allow.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:29 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
The people that can afford a UA can also afford countless hours of professional drivers training. Also cars like the UA are not like the GTR were you don't have the ultimate respect for the car at all time as I am sure Jarrod Shelby does. You know you can't slam the throttle coming out of corners or the myriad of other mistakes a modern car with traction and stabilty control will allow.
Being able to afford it and doing it are two totally different things. Why do you think you see Enzo's, Koeniggsegg's & countless other exotics wrecked?

Old 03-23-2009, 12:32 PM
What I am simply saying is you don't go buy an 1180 hp supercar and expect to be able to drive it to the grocery store and expect it to not bite you if provoked.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:33 PM
DDS would you ever just smash the throttle in your Viper coming out of a corner?

Or did you know better than that, knowing the car could and would kill you made you respect it right?

Old 03-23-2009, 12:36 PM
What I am simply saying is you don't go buy an 1180 hp supercar and expect to be able to drive it to the grocery store and expect it to not bite you if provoked.
That's exactly what people expect and they get bit all the time. The very next VI roadster sold after mine in Michigan hit a pole just two hours after the owner took delivery! Look at that guy that killed himself in the Gallardo the day he took delivery in LA. He flew the car off the freeway 50' in the air and landed in a parking garage and burst into flames against the wall. I could go on and on. Go to the WreckedExotics website!

Old 03-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Apple Sauce is infamous around these parts
I'd to say that I was very impressed with the car, and that someone like Jerod Shelby, has the courage in this day and age of recession and very entrenched, competitive automobile companies could somehow pull off building a car company, is impressive enough. Then SSC goes on to break a speed record with this car, what a great achievement!

Many brave men have gone before to conquer the world of automobile manufacturing, but most that have tried to make a go of it have failed in a few short years. I have no idea if this company is financially viable by just selling these cars, but it is a great achievement to see them built and sold, nonetheless.

Kudos to SSC!

Vic

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center