Do the dealers....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
but it's based in Portland, OR. How will that work? I never buy cars that are outside of WA state What kind of taxes and fees do we have to pay when the car is registered in WA? however, good price though.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:04 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
It doesn't matter what state you buy a car from, you pay the regular WA State sales tax when you register it here. All 4 of my last cars were bought out of state.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
Oh ok I heard something else back in the past...so i thought i clarify the matter but good looking out. i'll call them tomorrow and see whats up.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:03 AM
lpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud of
I bought my 997TT in Bend, OR and bought my 2008 Mercedes-Benz S550 in California ! To me, sometimes buying a car out of state and over the phone is a lot easier ! Once you and the dealer agreed on the price, they will overnight you all the paperworks you need to sign and just return the signed copy in the return envelope they provided. Send them the money and once they confirm they received the money, they will send you the MSO and the documents you need to register the car in WA and of coruse the car you just purchased ! After you receive your car and the documents, just walk in to any DMV office and register your car and pay WA sales tax and licence tax and you will get your licence plate right away ! Keep in mind sometimes dealers won't send you the MSO and the documents directly, they will send it to the DMV office that you picked ! And most importantly, you will also get tax credit for trading in your current car to the car you just bought out of state ! Just make sure the transaction is clearly on the purchase order. Of coruse, I am just speaking from my experience and hope this will help !

Old 02-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Banned
thank you, lpm. it is a big help as i don't know how easy the process will be. when i buy a car, i gotta be able to sit in the car and test drive it to see if i feel comfortable driving the car or not also

Old 02-09-2009, 08:40 AM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Certainly many, if not most, dealers profile their prospective customers. I've come into dealerships before in my 15 year old Nissan pickup and in my usual costume (jeans, t-shirt, hoody, ball cap and worn out boat mocs) and had absolutely no one pay me any attention. I'm no teeny bopper as I've been retired for nearly 15 years. It's the way I like it, because I can shop for cars without some salesman following me around like I'm trying to steal their hubcaps.

This modus operendi has its' draw backs however. When I tried to buy my Turbo, it wasn't until another Turbo owner vouched for me, that I was able to get some one to take my order.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
When I tried to buy my Turbo, it wasn't until another Turbo owner vouched for me, that I was able to get some one to take my order.
ouch, that sucks.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PJS
If you do not... you probably stomp your feet and say "this is bs, you are discriminating against me because I am too (old, young, black, white, asian, gay, straight etc)" and storm out...

mission accomplished on their behalf...

Just my thoughts...
Crap I'm young, black, and asian.

When I was in search of a car around this time last year I actually had decent service everywhere I went except Mercedes dealership in fife. Pretty sure I could've burst into flames and no one would've noticed. They just stared from inside and I said screw it. The BMW dealership almost ran out and offered me service. I was looking at the 335xi but I didn't feel like waiting to have one ordered with a manual gearbox. I then contacted a dealership just south of Portland via phone and email and thats where I ended up getting my lotus. It took probably 25 minutes to complete the paperwork and while they were getting it put together I got to test drive the car and sit in a couple lambos and ferraris as I waited. Top notch service and would do it again when I get the ***** and permission from the wife to buy another car.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Banned
oh so the dealer where you got the Lotus from - allow you to test drive the lambos and ferraris? i guess because they know u buying a car from them already!@

Old 02-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by drpasteur
oh so the dealer where you got the Lotus from - allow you to test drive the lambos and ferraris? i guess because they know u buying a car from them already!@
Oh no I didn't ask to test drive. Just sat in them in the show room . While I was waiting there was a gentleman that owned and bought some lambos from them but they still had to go thru misc. paperwork and get permission from the dealership owner to take them out for a spin.

I was crunched for time as I had to work 2 hrs from the purchase time. That why they sped thru all the paperwork for me.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:46 AM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
lol.......I know this sh+t

this is the exact reason why I`m driving a 335i convertible and not a cayman S

the Porsche guys did the unbelievable : they told me that I could not test drive a car of their inventory,but I could look on the internet and rent a Porsche to see if I like it
Fu*k you ...that`s UN - BELIEVABLE!
So I went to the BMW Sales HQ and got my Bimmer in no time...

Old 02-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by youngbimmer
lol.......I know this sh+t

this is the exact reason why I`m driving a 335i convertible and not a cayman S

the Porsche guys did the unbelievable : they told me that I could not test drive a car of their inventory,but I could look on the internet and rent a Porsche to see if I like it
Fu*k you ...that`s UN - BELIEVABLE!
So I went to the BMW Sales HQ and got my Bimmer in no time...
unbelievable! sorrie about your experience.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
You guys need to drive a cheaper import & see how they treat you!

When my S4 was totaled, I was stuck driving the EVO 8 every day. While it's a AWESOME car, it comes with some preconceptions. I'm also in my 30's.

I go to the local High End used car place, they don't want to play ball at all, I even tell them it's going to be a cash deal, don't care.

Go to the local Nissan Dealership, to drive a 350Z, not only do they no greet me, I wander around inside looking for help, nothing, I even go the reception desk, & ask for help. I'm told it's "lunch hour" & come back later, if I'm serious. 350's are $27k! My dam EVO was $36k.

After that decide to go to the Mitsu dealer to check out a WRX, or used STI. No joy there, they will not let me test drive anything on the lot, even if I have cash, & of course want me to do a credit app. I tell them my S4 story, & am looking for a good DD, they them let me test drive a legacy.

Same for the BMW dealer, no way would they let me test drive a 335. There is also no way I'd pay $55k for a 3 series BMW!

Even when I went to meet the guy who had my C4, he was a little hesitant to let me drive the C4 when he saw me get out of the Lighting Yellow EVO. I think when I knew where the key went, & did some heal & toe he lightened up a bit.

Not only is it how you look, it's what you get out of

Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 AM
stealth thats very true. The wife and I went looking for another sedan and she was wanting to check out the maxima. We drove to the local nissan dealership in the lotus and it was funny to see them trip over each other to get out of the door to help us out.

I used to work retail and I was always making sure my associates were aware of customers entering and exiting the store. Its paramount to enusre that a customer or potential customer has a positive experience whether they buy anything or even if they don't. Anyone that walks to or thru is a future potential customer. With that said no one can greet someone 100% of the time. Im sure the dealerships busted their butts to reach out to potential customers but as in all things that are repetitious a sense of complacency eventually sets in. I don't know I'd hate to think that profiling is the main aspect to lack of service. I'd rather believe it was a combination of several negative selling behaviors.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:05 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
Crap I'm young, black, and asian.

When I was in search of a car around this time last year I actually had decent service everywhere I went except Mercedes dealership in fife. Pretty sure I could've burst into flames and no one would've noticed. They just stared from inside and I said screw it. The BMW dealership almost ran out and offered me service.
If you're talking about BMW Northwest in Fife, I had a similar experience with them. Ron Hansen was the guy who ended up selling me my E-46 M3. (I highly recommend him) I had had a delivery position reserved at Seattle BMW, but several months after M3's started coming into the dealers, I went to check on the status of my position. THEY LOST MY POSITION! They said I could be something like number 125 on their list for $1000. At the time Bellevue BMW wasn't even taking orders as their allocations were sold out. Fife put me on their list (#30) and didn't ask for any money until I actually placed my order and then only $500.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.