Do the dealers....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 03:40 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Customer Service is alive and well... just gotta know who to come see.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by StorminS4
OK... I wrote the above in paragraphs, and I guess my Enter key isn't functioning.
You'll never get customer service if you don't know how to enter a reply correctly

Old 02-09-2009, 03:45 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CrazyRuskie
Customer Service is alive and well... just gotta know who to come see.
Well if you go to BMW of Bellevue, customer service will be the same all the time.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Sammy_G is infamous around these parts
Test Drives

I work at a dealership in the Seattle / Tacoma area and pre qualifying a client is the quickest way to not sell anyting. One of my best clients never comes in looking like money and in the last year has bought $400k in cars from me.

The only time I may say somthing about credit before a test drive is if the car is over 400 hp / $85K and after talking with you for 15 min or so you seem like you just want to play then I may ask you for a credit app. But any professional sales person will talk to you about the car and can figure out if you are real or now very quickly.

Sales is a contact sport, the more you contact the more you can make. But a good sales person will talk to every one and do what he needs to to sell the car and weed out the B.S. test drives, which you can always smell from a mile away.

I don't have an Aston but do know where a beautiful DB9 conv. is if you want the number and shop owners name PM me.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:56 PM
mprsev is infamous around these partsmprsev is infamous around these parts
What's worst is even if you are somehow successful at getting someone's attention to talk about a car and if very very lucky test drive you quickly learn that the person knows nothing about the car you looking at buying! It is interesting how with so much more information made readily available via the internet the once so-called experts we used to rely upon for information about products and services are not looking like such experts anymore.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Kuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to behold
I've been reading this thread with great interest. Its easy to see it from both angles if you've been in this "game" long enough. A most excellent story I love to recant to others.............
Back when I first got out of school, I got this feather up my butt and decided I wanted to go check out the new Benzes at Phil Smart. I parked my beat up Mazda 323 with 167k miles on it out in front of the main door and proceeded to walk right in. None but one of the 5-6 salesman even made eye contact or approached to ask if I had questions. I have since in the last 20 years bought at last count 14 cars from him. Best part was that when I left, I had a parking ticket on the windshield......as I stood staring at the ticket, the salesman came running out and took the ticket from me saying his boss would pay for it. Well that boss was Phil Smart senior himself. PS senior retired from the business some years ago...........but what an incredible lesson in customer service I witnessed first hand.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kuzi
Back when I first got out of school, I got this feather up my butt and .
If you still have that feather I'd love to borrow it seeing as how its gotten you where now are and all.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:21 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
I've been reading this thread with great interest. Its easy to see it from both angles if you've been in this "game" long enough. A most excellent story I love to recant to others.............
Back when I first got out of school, I got this feather up my butt and decided I wanted to go check out the new Benzes at Phil Smart. I parked my beat up Mazda 323 with 167k miles on it out in front of the main door and proceeded to walk right in. None but one of the 5-6 salesman even made eye contact or approached to ask if I had questions. I have since in the last 20 years bought at last count 14 cars from him. Best part was that when I left, I had a parking ticket on the windshield......as I stood staring at the ticket, the salesman came running out and took the ticket from me saying his boss would pay for it. Well that boss was Phil Smart senior himself. PS senior retired from the business some years ago...........but what an incredible lesson in customer service I witnessed first hand.
Great story, Kuzi!

Old 02-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Busta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud of
Interesting thread and great story, Kuzi. I think the moral of this story is that in this area, those with the means don't always look like they have the means.

If my wealthy friends are any indication, they all look and act like they belong behind the barista bar of a local coffee shop, yet they are packing 7 and 8-figure accounts from their dot-boom days. It's tough to be a premium/exotic car salesman in this town and down in the silicon valley, but I think it would behoove them to screen in rather than out and put their instincts to the test.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Kuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
If you still have that feather I'd love to borrow it seeing as how its gotten you where now are and all.
Trial and error my friend.......trial and error. And lots of both.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
great story!

Old 02-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lpm 505
I forgot what dealerships they were, my friend once told me he got more respect from a car sales person by wearing a goft outfit on a weekday than wearing a suit.
there is a HUGE different between a golf outfit and jogging outfit.

golf outfit = upper class, more likely.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Banned
one thing that I notice also, salesman don't get any training at all on the "customer service" part. sometimes they ask stupid questions or questions that are irrelevant. Like yesterday I came in a Magic Toyota dealer and looked at Toyota Tundra for my bro-in-law. one of the salesman came up and asked me "r u gonna trade in that Mercedes?" - i drove in my '07 S550. i think salesman sometimes have no knowledge about the cars out there and its value.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:01 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Doc you would be shocked at some of the trade-ins that come in.

A friend once took in an M6 on trade for an '04 Audi A4. Guy was getting rid of a car and getting his daughter a car. Needless to say, there was remaining balance that went towards a Q7...

Old 02-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by StorminS4
Doc you would be shocked at some of the trade-ins that come in.

A friend once took in an M6 on trade for an '04 Audi A4. Guy was getting rid of a car and getting his daughter a car. Needless to say, there was remaining balance that went towards a Q7...
i know, but who would really trade a full size LUXURY sedan vehicle for a Toyota TRUCK? if i was to trade for a truck, i'd trade in for GL450.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.