Do the dealers....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Kuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Kuzi you're experience is exceptional but to me not surprising. I don't know Phil Smart but know it was probably an experienced salesman. He didn't size up you're car he sized up you. I doubt you walked in taking pics with your cell phone of the car. Woops that was 20 years before cells. You walked in and knew what you wanted. His experience and your new Diploma silk screened on your t-shirt made it a plus plus.

Also at your age when you walked in out of school there was really only 10 dentists in Seattle anyway He really didn't have a lot of people beating down his front door....
I was just going to say that the cell phone I had was the size of a brick. Although amazing enough still have the same number.

And you're right about an experienced salesman. He was very "old" school. Hes since sold many cars to my entire family. Those were the days when MB sold solid cars that lasted a lifetime.......not ones that fall apart after the warranty runs out.

Oh and there were 11 of us

Old 02-10-2009, 06:11 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kuzi
I was just going to say that the cell phone I had was the size of a brick. Although amazing enough still have the same number.

And you're right about an experienced salesman. He was very "old" school. Hes since sold many cars to my entire family. Those were the days when MB sold solid cars that lasted a lifetime.......not ones that fall apart after the warranty runs out.

Oh and there were 11 of us
Kuzi
Congrats on the new bumble bee. I need a ride a in that beast asap.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Kuzi
i really think it's my young Asian face that won't get THE respect that I deserve to have when i walk in a high-end luxury car dealer...arrgggg

Old 02-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
haha vincent and kuzi are of asian decent

Old 02-10-2009, 09:12 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
haha vincent and kuzi are of asian decent
vincent is asian? i thought he was from bonney lake.

Unfair on both accounts. both these guys buy more cars than most buy groceries. their pics are up on every dealers wall.

They've both made the Car Dealerships ten most wanted list

Old 02-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Kuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to behold
Kuzi
Didn't you have one of these already? In yellow?

Lets switch.....I want a shot at that Ruf of yours! Oh my wouldn't a "yellow-bird" be sweet??

Old 02-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by drpasteur
i really think it's my young Asian face that won't get THE respect that I deserve to have when i walk in a high-end luxury car dealer...arrgggg
"get the respect"?? Don't look for respect.........."Command" it

Old 02-10-2009, 09:59 PM

Unfair on both accounts. both these guys buy more cars than most buy groceries. their pics are up on every dealers wall.

Ha.......look who the lone "white-boy" is up there with them

Old 02-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts

wow...I will look for their pics from now on when i step into a dealer!

Old 02-10-2009, 10:12 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Ha.......look who the lone "white-boy" is up there with them
touche

Old 02-10-2009, 10:56 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute

Lets switch.....I want a shot at that Ruf of yours! Oh my wouldn't a "yellow-bird" be sweet??

Yup mine was Speed Yellow as well. Kinda miss it so lets go for a spin when the rain stop. Maybe the week after V-day.
Did you contact Luis about the Yellow Bird?

Old 02-10-2009, 11:07 PM

Even more unfair is CV is "patiently waiting" to share my R-tronic stick.

Last edited by vincentdds; 02-11-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:11 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Even more unfair is that there's a pretty real estate agent in Tacoma that's "patiently waiting" to share my R-tronic stick.
Better hope she doesn't revv it up too much. I'd hate to have you blow the motor prematurely

Old 02-11-2009, 07:45 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !

That would make for a hell of a photo shoot!

Old 02-11-2009, 02:08 PM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
Best experience I had was when I bought my 993TT. It was for sale at Gran Prix Imports in Portland. I called them up on Father's day and asked about it. I told them that I would be trading in 2 cars, my 2001 Boxster S and my 1986 911. The salesman, without knowing anything about me, immediatly offered to let me see the car after hours since he knew how far away I was. He brought the car home to his house where I met him that day. Keep in mind this was Father's day and he had a family. It was easy to convince my wife and kids to go to Portland that day, it was my day. Not once on the test drive did he ask about any part of the deal, he just let me drive and enjoy the car. When I was finished with the test drive, I thanked him for his time and said I would need to think about it. The next day I called him up and asked for him to arrange to take it to an independent shop for an inspection. He had no problem with that and just asked where it had to be an when. A few days later, Bruce and I were driving down to pick up the car. Besides the driving, that was hands down the best car purchasing experience I've ever had.

My worst experience had to have been Park Place. They were trying to screw me anyway they could, from trade in to price of new car. They were a pain to just try and get a test drive out of.

For most car dealers, I do feel that they do try and size you up before you waste their time. My few experiences buying over phone/internet have all worked out very well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.