Infant Carriers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Infant Carriers?

Anyone know of any good brand/websites to pick up infant carriers? The wife is picky and target, baby r us, and wal mart were sub par in their selections. We are about 2 months out from the due date so it would be nice to have something. I really don't want to strap her to the roof.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:23 PM
EM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
Anyone know of any good brand/websites to pick up infant carriers? The wife is picky and target, baby r us, and wal mart were sub par in their selections. We are about 2 months out from the due date so it would be nice to have something. I really don't want to strap her to the roof.
How about the wing ?? It's got the right curve..

Old 02-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EM5PWR
How about the wing ?? It's got the right curve..
Good call. In that case anyone know where to get good deals on bungies haha Thank God the wife never comes on here. I'd be dead

Old 02-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
http://www.merrygoroundkids.com

they are in bellevue

or

http://www.landofnod.com/default.aspx

Last edited by drpasteur; 02-10-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks ill check those out tonight

Old 02-10-2009, 08:49 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
too bad brian hasn't peeked at this thread. i bet he may have some good recommendations as well!

Old 02-10-2009, 09:11 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Merrygoround in Bellevue - ask for colleen, tell her I sent you... Watch how fast you get upsold to an orbit system ;-)
The have everything

However hit Speedware for recaro baby seat - the are the local dist.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Recaro makes infant carriers? Thought they only did the one for toddlers.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:38 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Recaro makes infant carriers? Thought they only did the one for toddlers.
5-70 lbs Recaro seat
click here

Piece of advice though... if you go recaro... it does not detach from the base and have a handle and snap into a stroller and all that jazz... it is easy to move from one car to another etc... but you are not going to take the seat and the kid out at the same time and snap it into a stroller etc..

we went with the colleen @ merrygoround upsale to the first time parents and bought the orbit system (click here)
I can tell you that it is not cheap... but worth every penny to me...

So we used the orbit baby set up in the car until she got too big for it... then the recaro seat...

we use all the orbit crap except the baby seat and the bassinet today (she is 15 months old now)... and put what we are not using in storage for the next one.

Don't get me wrong... it is over the top stuff...
If I had to do it over again... I would.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Kuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to behold
Eg.........try www.pegperego.com

Old 02-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
Eliseguy, baby grows up so fast - don't waste money on buying "expensive" clothes because 2 months later it won't fit in them and always buy clothes that are ahead of their age a bit

and these came from my bro & my sis (who have 6 figures in their accts) advise - because my wife is pregnant as well... so that's what they told me.

they told me surprising Old Navy and Gap clothes for baby and kids are not too bad at all and reasonable priced.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:15 PM
My main concern is safety for the booger I'm not worried about clothes at all. I have a bunch of paper sandwich bags. The baby is going to be 3/4 korean so she should fit as soon as I make arm holes.

Seriously tho,We have a ton of clothes from 3-6 months. My cousin was told by her outstanding ultrasound tech that she was having a girl. Shopping soon after commenced. Well the week 28 ultrasound revealed a ding ding on the lil one so we got a bunch of girl clothes free.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
My suggestions: Simply the best, end of discussion.
You will need to source them on Ebay or www.babycare.nl (excellent service)

Infant - www.maxicosi.com - Do not specify USA site, Specify United Kingdom.

http://www.maxicosi.com/maxicosi/pro...language=gb-en

and click on the Cabriofix - http://www.maxicosi.com/maxicosi/pro...language=gb-en

Pair this with the EasyFix base. - http://www.maxicosi.com/maxicosi/pro...language=gb-en

Pair this with a Quinny Stroller.and Maxi-Cosi brackets. - http://www.quinny.com/quinny/productdetail.aspx?id=3

Toddler - Recaro (We have 7!) They are the best.
We also just got a Maxi-Cosi Tobi while in Russia - Brought it home. It rocks.

Cheers,

Brian

Old 02-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
too bad brian hasn't peeked at this thread. i bet he may have some good recommendations as well!
Done - with 3 girls ages 5.5 down to 8 mo. and 4 vehicles + outfitting grandma and grandpa with seats we have purchased the latest greatest and I have extensively researched every item.

P.M. me with your phone number and I can talk knowledgeably about each of the higher-end offerings. No combi / cosco / cheap stuff was ever considered.

The lowest end we bought was the top of the line Peg Perego which was okay, but very heavy and not nearly as well engineered as the Maxi-Cosi and Quinny gear.

We also have the MB seats made by Britax with the airbag deactivation chips.

Best of luck with your search.

Brian

Old 02-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Frenchboy is infamous around these parts
I have a 10-months old boy and I too have been looking at all this baby stuff. The amount of options is a bit overwhelming.

We bought a Peg Perego Primo Viaggo infant seat from the Right Start next to the University Village. Great store with great service. The nice thing about the Peg Perego is that is has an accessory to clip on to our Uppababy stroller. Very convenient. we bought the Uppababy stroller from the Land of Nod, as mentioned by PJ (Hi PJ!), also in the University Village.

When my boy turns 1, I am plannig to go for the Recaro Young Sport. It's just one cool looking child seat ;-) In the mean time, we had to move to a convertible seat since he has outgrown his infant seat and got a MaxiCosi. We like it. It'll to my wife's car when I get the Recaro.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infant Carriers?