a fini

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 10:12 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sendero
Then came the inquisition and pretty much a lecture. Not really what I'm looking for in a relationship.
So, back to single life
^

you should get vanity plates with her name on them...

Old 02-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Girls are interesting man. I could see this happening in 2 ways. There is your way and then her way. Let me put on my Dr. Phil hat. When she found out, rather than her being excited, she tried telling you that it was a waste of money. You took that as an insult because you wanted her to be happy and your man feelings were hurt (besides, its your money). Once the man feelings get hurt, its a pride thing and adios little lady.

So.. my question is if you didn't see the point she was making and you took it to the extreme. Maybe she was trying to be helpful, but did it a bit backwards. She could have been protecting you from spending your money.

Side note: I'd be pissed if she wasn't excited about purchasing a new car I've been thinking about non stop as well. Shoot, I get mad when I research a mod for the 911TT, tell the girlfriend about it and she could give two farts about my excitement. Its painful

Old 02-23-2009, 10:33 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Seattle996
Girls are interesting man. I could see this happening in 2 ways. There is your way and then her way. Let me put on my Dr. Phil hat. When she found out, rather than her being excited, she tried telling you that it was a waste of money. You took that as an insult because you wanted her to be happy and your man feelings were hurt (besides, its your money). Once the man feelings get hurt, its a pride thing and adios little lady.

So.. my question is if you didn't see the point she was making and you took it to the extreme. Maybe she was trying to be helpful, but did it a bit backwards. She could have been protecting you from spending your money.

Side note: I'd be pissed if she wasn't excited about purchasing a new car I've been thinking about non stop as well. Shoot, I get mad when I research a mod for the 911TT, tell the girlfriend about it and she could give two farts about my excitement. Its painful
I want someone to have faith in the decisions I make with my own money. It would be different if I was spending both our dollars and we didn't discuss it first. I've been an entrepreneur since the day I finished school and so many I've dated over the years were completely against the risks I took to get where I am today. The Mini would be a giant red flag of bigger issues to come.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:07 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
I was trying to keep a surprise with the intent of making a nice weekend trip in Portland and taking a bit out of that to pick it up.
Sorry to hear this, Sendero. But I have to ask, are you sure she's mad about you buying another car or that she feels deceived that the weekend wasn't about being a romantic getaway for the two of you?

Old 02-23-2009, 05:19 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
It's the Mini. Damn those Mini's. They are the Devil. I can't even go to that exotic dancer show in Renton or Redmond with my Mini. Damn those Mini's. Damn those MINI's.........

Old 02-23-2009, 05:23 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
It's the Mini. Damn those Mini's. They are the Devil. I can't even go to that exotic dancer show in Renton or Redmond with my Mini. Damn those Mini's. Damn those MINI's.........
Why do you want to bring your dinghy to the yacht show anyway, Mark?

Old 02-23-2009, 06:00 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
Why do you want to bring your dinghy to the yacht show anyway, Mark?
Carrara White
172hp close to 2800lbs lol
Black High intensity stock wheels
Sporty little CF mirrors
CF front intake
0-60 in under 7 seconds.

It's 100% exotic. Right down to the added floor matts.

Damn this car is the dream of all dreams.

I will say right now. I pick the course and it will beat any car up there.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Carrara White
172hp close to 2800lbs lol
Black High intensity stock wheels
Sporty little CF mirrors
CF front intake
0-60 in under 7 seconds.

It's 100% exotic. Right down to the added floor matts.

Damn this car is the dream of all dreams.

I will say right now. I pick the course and it will beat any car up there.
I will gladly lose to you if you choose to do it on Oregon Raceway Park this summer

Old 02-23-2009, 06:35 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear this, Sendero. But I have to ask, are you sure she's mad about you buying another car or that she feels deceived that the weekend wasn't about being a romantic getaway for the two of you?
Another good point, possibly she knew you were up to something and thought all the fuss was about a rock about to go on her hand?

Old 02-23-2009, 11:45 PM
Sendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to all
I hadn't gotten to that part yet. First, I told her I was getting the Mini. Then I was going to tell her the plan to make a weekend out of it and go enjoy Portland like she'd be talking about.

As it played out, it was clear to both of us that we were just a bit too different for things to work out long term. She has her style and I have mine, they just don't match up too well.

Oh, and Tommy, we were a hell of a long way from a ring. I'm sure she had no thoughts of that coming up. Before I do get to a ring with anyone she will either be a car lover or be at least tolerant if not supportive of me being one. My ex wasn't a car gal, but she was very supportive of me when I was still in the planning stages for getting either a Ferrari or a Lamborghini. Maybe shouldn't have let that one go...

Old 02-24-2009, 12:01 AM
I hadn't gotten to that part yet. First, I told her I was getting the Mini. Then I was going to tell her the plan to make a weekend out of it and go enjoy Portland like she'd be talking about.

As it played out, it was clear to both of us that we were just a bit too different for things to work out long term. She has her style and I have mine, they just don't match up too well.

Oh, and Tommy, we were a hell of a long way from a ring. I'm sure she had no thoughts of that coming up. Before I do get to a ring with anyone she will either be a car lover or be at least tolerant if not supportive of me being one. My ex wasn't a car gal, but she was very supportive of me when I was still in the planning stages for getting either a Ferrari or a Lamborghini. Maybe shouldn't have let that one go...
Still, sorry to hear it.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
I'm not sorry to hear good thing you learned it about her...

Old 02-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Busta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud of
I make a living out of matchmaking and I can tell you this was not a good fit based on what I've read. I'm with Bruce and say good riddance. Sounds like you are moving on and that's a positive. The MINI can be a good litmus test for future GFs. Just wait until they see the Gallardo!

Old 02-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Don't worry man there are plenty of girls out there and you will find the right one. It sucks to break up but there is always a good thing that you can take from it. Whether it be the learning experience or the privilege of now paying for one person instead of two.
Yes jason prepare for dr phil haha. I had a nasty break up after six years and it really sucked. I lost all sarcastic ability and actually was depressed for the first time in my life. It sucked but once u wade thru the BS you'll find that it was all for a reason and if you don't talk to friends they will spot light her flaws for you and aid you in moving on.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:44 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Busta Rib
I make a living out of matchmaking and I can tell you this was not a good fit based on what I've read. I'm with Bruce and say good riddance. Sounds like you are moving on and that's a positive. The MINI can be a good litmus test for future GFs. Just wait until they see the Gallardo!
You make a living out of matchmaking? Find me someone, please.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.