a fini

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Sendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to all
a fini

Turns out that my girlfriend is not a fan of my mini purchase. I was trying to keep a surprise with the intent of making a nice weekend trip in Portland and taking a bit out of that to pick it up. But, I slipped up in leaving the proof of insurance form on the counter. Then came the inquisition and pretty much a lecture. Not really what I'm looking for in a relationship.

So, back to single life and to find someone who is more accepting, if not ecouraging, of my "vehicular lifestyle".

Anyone know some attractive 30-somethings looking to co-pilot a Mini back from Portland?

Old 02-22-2009, 10:21 PM
XselR8 is infamous around these parts
Ouch! Serious? There has to be more to the story than that? Fess up! LOL Just kidding. You do need a car chick. Or as my buddy calls my wife "a rig chick"

Old 02-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Sendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to all
Thats really about it. She is a 'saver' and doesn't want to be with a 'spender'. It is pretty early on in dating so it is good to find out now about dealbreakers and move on. I thought we were past those but I believe she was thinking on this for a while (she never really did like the Gallardo) and the Mini kinda set it off. If she were to change her mind then I'd still be very wary. My ex was more of the 'do what you want with your money, just don't go broke'. Hell, she was very encouraging of me getting the Gallardo. hmm, In thinking about it, even though we broke up before I got it, she's been in the Gallardo more than the current ex-girlfriend.

Last edited by Sendero; 02-22-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:59 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Ouch is right. Well I guess you don't want to send her my way. I tend to be hmmmm a spender as well.

mho you're better off without her. My girlfriend likes the mini cooper but hates the new Defender and it's not even here. I guess not all of my cars have to be liked by her.

Sorry can't help you with the co-pilot problem. Good luck with that.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Krueger///M3 is infamous around these partsKrueger///M3 is infamous around these parts
No co-pilot=less weight=better power-to-weight ratio FTW.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:28 AM
FerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant future
If was your wife it would be a different story, but your g/f? You made the right decision, I would never let a g/f dictate how I spent my money. Sorry to hear things turned out and "the loss" but I'm sure you will come out ahead in the end. All the best!

Old 02-23-2009, 03:24 AM
S7RR is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Ouch is right. Well I guess you don't want to send her my way. I tend to be hmmmm a spender as well.

mho you're better off without her. My girlfriend likes the mini cooper but hates the new Defender and it's not even here. I guess not all of my cars have to be liked by her.

Sorry can't help you with the co-pilot problem. Good luck with that.
You bought a defender? Those are SO COOL. Where did you get it?

Sendero, that really sucks, I know you know that, but time to move on.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:59 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Yea, the right relationship will love how you live your life as you live it. If she's criticizing you now, it will only get worse as the relationship builds history. The smallest hiccup and she will be reminding you of the Mini. When someone does that to me it means they intend to control my life. Sorry she wasn't the one. Women who are really into cars are a lot more fun and they are out there. I've got a lot of good looking single women friends who I'm talking into coming out to RTC on Saturday mornings who are also into cars.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:36 AM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Thank God I'm seeing a chick who's into cars! ;-)

Sorry to hear about it, but like you said, better to learn that one early on. I do like the comments "no gf = better power to weight ratio."

Old 02-23-2009, 08:45 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
aww john, sorry to hear about what happened. but like the guys mentioned above, i think it's probably going to work out for the better. we'll find you a good girlie that enjoys cars, or at least enjoys YOU enjoying the cars.

best wishes and hang in there!

jody

Old 02-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
That sucks. At least she wasn't cheating on you or even worse were married. If the latter were true she'd take half of your cars with her.

My wife wasn't really into cars until she saw a certain person's garage last night.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:34 AM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
It sounds like you went in the correct direction! Those situations are never fun.

Maybe drpasteur can take a lesson or two away from this thread. =)

Old 02-23-2009, 09:44 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sendero
Turns out that my girlfriend is not a fan of my mini purchase. I was trying to keep a surprise with the intent of making a nice weekend trip in Portland and taking a bit out of that to pick it up. But, I slipped up in leaving the proof of insurance form on the counter. Then came the inquisition and pretty much a lecture. Not really what I'm looking for in a relationship.

So, back to single life and to find someone who is more accepting, if not ecouraging, of my "vehicular lifestyle".

Anyone know some attractive 30-somethings looking to co-pilot a Mini back from Portland?

Can't blame any girl for not liking a guy with a "mini"
Things are always happen for the better. Hope you all the best.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:49 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Hey, that's right, you didn't clarify which "Mini" you were talking about!

Old 02-23-2009, 09:51 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vincentdds
That's hitting a guy below the belt V. Ouch. That hurt on this end as well. Good thing my girlfriend drinks a lot and was able to sober for our conjugal visits. Damn that was a long 5 years with a Mini

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.