Speed TV (F1) in HD on Comcast

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:17 AM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
Speed TV (F1) in HD on Comcast

Comcast does not offer Speed TV in High Definition. I am emailing them to find out if it will become available before the start of the F1 season at the end of March. If they do not plan to add it or if they do not respond I will change to Directv or Fios, both offer Speed TV in HD.

Please take a moment to visit this link and email Comcast to let them know you expect to see F1 on Speed in HD this season or you will change your service as well.

http://www.comcastsupport.com/forms/...o/Default.aspx

Here is my email:

Rick,

This email is in regards to Comcast's lack of Speed TV in HD. Are you going to add this HD service before the F1 season begins at the end of March? Fios and Directv both offer Speed TV in HD. If I have to change all my services (cable, internet and phone) to another provider to get the F1 season in HD I will do so.

Please let me know your plan and time line to add Speed TV in HD.

I am asking many F1 friends to join me in expressing their concern over the fact that Comcast does not offer this service.

Here is the first link to my communications.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2277567

Thank you,
Rob Sinclair

Last edited by BuzzedHornet; 02-26-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Frenchboy is infamous around these parts
Good effort. I just sent him an email as well.
Thanks.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:42 AM
FerRrari is infamous around these parts
I've got Comcast and I do get Speed TV in HD. Channel 620.

Last edited by FerRrari; 02-26-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:46 AM
JohnCh is infamous around these parts
I'm in Sammamish and we don't get it. When did they add Speed HD to your lineup?

-John

Old 02-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Not sure, I had Dish and it sucked so went back to Comcast and I got the channel... I'm in Woodinville/Bothell

Old 02-26-2009, 10:50 AM
BTW if anyone is interested in watching the Races in "Live deferred mode" at a bar with a bunch of F1 fans, PM me

Old 02-26-2009, 10:54 AM
JC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really nice
I'm debating a switch as well. I will also send an email.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Frenchboy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FerRrari
I've got Comcast and I do get Speed TV in HD. Channel 620.
I got a message on my TiVo a couple of months ago that Speed HD on channel 620 had been added to my lineup. However, 620 is not showing anything. When I call Comcast about it, I was told that my zip code had not been setup yet. I am in 98199

Old 02-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
I've been looking for Comcast Speed HD for a while. I'm switching to Verizon's FIOS cable next week though. With HD, DVR and the cable channels we want, it's something like $40/montch cheaper. Plus we get a bump in our DL and UL speeds over our current FIOS service.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:03 PM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
Thanks for the heads up, I will look for 620 tonight when I get home. I did a search with the HD filter on before I sent that email last night and I did not see it. I hope it is there!

Old 02-26-2009, 05:32 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I've got SpeedHD over here with Comcast in Bellevue too.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:18 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
I have Speed HD . I'm in Bellevue near Issaquah

Old 02-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
I don't have Speed HD either here in Edmonds. I sent them an email. Great thread Rob.

John

Old 02-26-2009, 08:03 PM
JohnCh is infamous around these parts
I just verified that channel 620 isn't working for us, so e-mail sent. Thanks for the link Rob!

-John

Old 02-27-2009, 12:11 AM
Yep no 620 for me! I was really hoping I was wrong, but nope no Speed HD for me =(

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Speed TV (F1) in HD on Comcast