I'm sorry Starbucks. I can't support you anymore...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 10:09 AM
DrwVIP is infamous around these parts
I gave up on Starbucks once Shultz sold the Sonic's to Clay the Gay Bennett.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Grouse is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Ya but she's married. It's no fun when they are married.

btw Grouse I've been known to wear a dress or two if the right occasion pops up.
Are you the one who bought the blue lewinski dress off ebay?

Old 03-04-2009, 08:55 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
I think Starbucks went downhill about August of last year. Not sure why. The coffee just started tasting bad for me around then. I'm typically a fan of local shops. Less busy and friendlier barista's imho
That is because I left the end of July. Put 2 and 2 together

Old 03-04-2009, 08:56 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by detailjohn
Uh oh, the news reached Greta... I did not know that Starbucks sells their coffee in pods. Do they work in my machine too?
I don't know - not much of authority on coffee pods, but your new machine sounds really wonderful, and will save you a few bucks a day, gas, time, etc...

Old 03-04-2009, 11:23 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gretapass
That is because I left the end of July. Put 2 and 2 together

Greta that's why I chose that date. I didn't think I'd have to say it in the post but figured possibly you'd catch it.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:24 PM
We all need to support our Starbucks though. It is a local company and employs lots and lots of people. They also provide health care to every employee. Choke down the coffee guys and support our economy. They have had tough times.

(But down with Tullys)

Old 03-05-2009, 08:33 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
i can't kick my starbucks caramel macchiato habit. i'll be a customer for life.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
Me too Jody. Ok, well, let's do coffee!!! I love Starbucks. I miss the company and am sad for their struggles.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:44 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gretapass
Me too Jody. Ok, well, let's do coffee!!! I love Starbucks. I miss the company and am sad for their struggles.
sounds good! if you can make it, maybe we should meet up prior to the event and grab some!

Old 03-05-2009, 09:03 PM
FerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
I love my Caramel Macchiatos, that or iced green teas in the summer.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:05 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
iced carmel mach's. shaken, not stirred. I will say are great but if you notice all of us like the sweet drinks that cover up the actual coffee taste.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:45 PM
huskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to all
Blah...Starbucks. I thought investing in starbucks was a PC way to invest in addiction and not feel guilty about it. Instead, I found out it is great way to lose a lot of money.

/rant off

Old 03-05-2009, 09:55 PM
funny i read this about 4 months ago. you made me think of it again

If you had purchased $1,000 of Delta Air Lines stock one year
Ago, you would have $49 left. With AIG, you would have less
than $15 left. With Fannie Mae, you would have
$2.50 left. But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer
one year ago, drunk all of the beer, then turned in the cans for
the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have $195 cash.
Based on the above,

Old 03-05-2009, 10:16 PM
huskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to all
funny i read this about 4 months ago. you made me think of it again

If you had purchased $1,000 of Delta Air Lines stock one year
Ago, you would have $49 left. With AIG, you would have less
than $15 left. With Fannie Mae, you would have
$2.50 left. But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer
one year ago, drunk all of the beer, then turned in the cans for
the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have $195 cash.
Based on the above,
/thread hijack

LOL..nice point.

Before I bought my AMG I really struggled with the decision of whether I should pay a fair amount of cash for a 997 Turbo. I was soooooo close to buying one. I thought, "hmmm...I'm 35, I should preserve cash and invest it," therefore I passed on the Turbo. Who knew that I would have probably saved money by "investing" in a 911 depreciating asset and selling it for a loss than putting the cash in the market.

Hindsight is always 20/20

Old 03-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by huskylawyer
Blah...Starbucks. I thought investing in starbucks was a PC way to invest in addiction and not feel guilty about it. Instead, I found out it is great way to lose a lot of money.

/rant off
You should have checked with me. I sold out at $25 took my money and ran! I sold out well before I left the company. It is a great buy right now - the company will survive and the stock will go back up (more former insider tips). At least you didn't invest in WAMU - could be worse, it's worth 33cents per share. One could cash out and buy a cup of Starbucks coffee LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.