Bye bye Porsche . . . Hello Audi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 03:37 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
yes but he did it for non family reasoning He did it so when I buy it I will save at least 40k because of loss of value
Anything for a friend.
Btw, I had a chance to drive Ben's CGT and William's Scud back to back this weekend. All I can say is why don't you have a CGT yet?.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:46 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Anything for a friend.
Btw, I had a chance to drive Ben's CGT and William's Scud back to back this weekend. All I can say is why don't you have a CGT yet?.

Because they haven't dropped enough in cost. The CGT's are better at high speed than any Ferrari I've driven but a lot harder to drive fast than the Scud. The silver CGT's are down to the 300k mark for the guys wishing to actually sell them. The other colors will follow. A certain guy has a yellow one down to 325k I believe. The one I want the guy is smoking crack on the sale price 100k over reasonable asking price even.

I like the cars a lot but it won't be my first pick the rear end has one of the best presences' of a car made but the front end to me still reminds me of a boxster/996 and I'm not sold on that yet.

Ben's is wicked fast. Really all of them are. That 3rd gear is just insane. Hooks up and just fricken goes through 100mph so fast it's really great.

The CGT's selling right now are asking about 325k or are the guys asking 350-360k and willing to sell at a 40k plus discount. The rest of them have been for sale now for 10-30 months.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:01 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Because they haven't dropped enough in cost. The CGT's are better at high speed than any Ferrari I've driven but a lot harder to drive fast than the Scud. The silver CGT's are down to the 300k mark for the guys wishing to actually sell them. The other colors will follow. A certain guy has a yellow one down to 325k I believe. The one I want the guy is smoking crack on the sale price 100k over reasonable asking price even.

I like the cars a lot but it won't be my first pick the rear end has one of the best presences' of a car made but the front end to me still reminds me of a boxster/996 and I'm not sold on that yet.

Ben's is wicked fast. Really all of them are. That 3rd gear is just insane. Hooks up and just fricken goes through 100mph so fast it's really great.

The CGT's selling right now are asking about 325k or are the guys asking 350-360k and willing to sell at a 40k plus discount. The rest of them have been for sale now for 10-30 months.
Mark lets stop talking about price for just one minute please. You have ten cars in the garage and yet the best of the best is not one of them.
I just can't believe there's another car out that can be that much better than the Scud and CS. I honestly felt blah driving the Scud after driving the CGT. Fast was just one small factor. The feels of a more superior sport car radiate throughout my spine after driving that thing. Get a Red one if you have to dam it!!!

Old 03-23-2009, 05:42 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
David,
That was quick, very nice choice. What are you going to do for a track car? Or is that a future posting?

Old 03-23-2009, 06:16 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Mark lets stop talking about price for just one minute please. You have ten cars in the garage and yet the best of the best is not one of them.
I just can't believe there's another car out that can be that much better than the Scud and CS. I honestly felt blah driving the Scud after driving the CGT. Fast was just one small factor. The feels of a more superior sport car radiate throughout my spine after driving that thing. Get a Red one if you have to dam it!!!
I'll buy one right now Vincent and so I don't have to discuss pricing you pickup the 150k extra I think the one I want is over priced. That's a Ford GT too much.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:24 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Vincent you aren't even smiling in the CGT.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:42 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
That's because he's not behind the wheel!

Old 03-23-2009, 06:47 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
I just love the Ferrari hat! That and the lack of a smile make me laugh.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:57 PM
You didn't get me behind the wheel?
Anyway that car is no laughing matter.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Vincent, I would have bud, but I had no idea when you guys would be coming back. Next time I'll do my best!

Old 03-23-2009, 08:20 PM
I'll buy one right now Vincent and so I don't have to discuss pricing you pickup the 150k extra I think the one I want is over priced. That's a Ford GT too much.
May that's because it's a FGT better.
Ok let's go in half and half. I get it from April to June.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:32 PM
May that's because it's a FGT better.
Ok let's go in half and half. I get it from April to June.
i haven't spent hours behind the wheel but I've spent almost an hour driving hard. They are a little work through the twisties because of the mass of torque. I don't think they are a fgt better. they are a better car but they are also 115k more msrp than the Scud. They should be better at 30% more.

The rear end of the cgt and the sound I still believe are second to none.

There's also no room in the car to take it on a long weekend trip with someone. The trunk fills up with the hardtop when its off. Or you drive with the hardtop the entire time and still you don't bring much with you.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:41 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations David on your new wheels. Really beautiful inside and out. Can't wait to see it in person soon!

Old 03-23-2009, 08:49 PM
i haven't spent hours behind the wheel but I've spent almost an hour driving hard. They are a little work through the twisties because of the mass of torque. I don't think they are a fgt better. they are a better car but they are also 115k more msrp than the Scud. They should be better at 30% more.

The rear end of the cgt and the sound I still believe are second to none.

There's also no room in the car to take it on a long weekend trip with someone. The trunk fills up with the hardtop when its off. Or you drive with the hardtop the entire time and still you don't bring much with you.
FYI the torque is less than that of your modded 996TTs. Please take a look the link below and tell me if the car worth the price of admission. 5 Porsches in the garage and a CGT is not one of them.
CGT naked

Old 03-23-2009, 08:52 PM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks everyone. I am loving the car. So much fun to drive. If there is anything happening this weekend, I'll be out.

I love how this thread jumps around. The spirit on the NW crew is alive and well.

Carry on guys.

Originally Posted by StorminS4
Vincent you aren't even smiling in the CGT.

Looks like a 12 year old in the passenger seat.

Last edited by David_J; 03-23-2009 at 08:56 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bye bye Porsche . . . Hello Audi