What are you addicted to?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 01:12 PM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RF5BPilot
I understand. Recognize, however, that there are more people in the U.S. who are die or are injured each year from sneezing, than in glider accidents.

Odd...but true. (A sneeze is a convulsion & people can be injured & die from it.)

When many people think of small airplanes, they (natually) lump gliders in with that statistic. But, in fact, they are very different. One Saturday a month or so ago, I took off from Auburn at 11am, returned about 4pm and used 3 gallons of gas for the day--just enough to take off & get far enough from the airport to shut down the engine for soaring. It is Very comforting to fly an airplane that is designed to fly well without the engine.

Last summer on a calm clear day (poor soaring conditions), I motored over to the east side of Mt. Rainier. At 10,000' I shut down the engine and did a slow, easy "sled ride" all the way back to Auburn Airport & landed without ever using the engine. Nice, late afternoon sun; quiet music on the headphones--nice flight.

It's just a 45 minute easy flight over the islands to have lunch at Pt. Townsend. Total round trip takes about 5 gallons of fuel.

Anyone who weighs less than 190lbs is welcome to join me for a flight sometime. You can learn more about the glider at www.rf5b.com

If you want to go for a flight, pm me.

no room for us fat guys? =(

Old 03-31-2009, 01:43 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
More motivation for me to lose 30 lbs lol... just go go gliding!

Old 03-31-2009, 05:23 PM
EM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond repute
190 ... that leaves me out..

Old 03-31-2009, 09:42 PM
RF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really nice
Originally Posted by BuzzedHornet
no room for us fat guys? =(
Plenty of room....but, it was designed by a 5'4" Frenchman who didn't consider "full sized" Americans.

It's a matter of balance (center of gravity). Over 190 & it starts to move too far backward with negative consequences for handling.

Most of the guys I know can't go.....so, I just take their wives for rides. Actually, I do a moderate amount of donated flights to EAA's Young Eagles program that has given more than 1,000,000 kids rides in airplanes.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:00 PM
ivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to behold
I do a moderate amount of donated flights to EAA's Young Eagles program that has given more than 1,000,000 kids rides in airplanes.
My son is hoping to take James up on this over the summer when the weather gets better... Really wonderful thing to offer and I am sure something he will always remember!

Old 04-01-2009, 02:14 AM
lpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud of
Addicted to collecting diecast model cars.

I have been collecting 1:43 and 1:18 diecast model cars over the years, below are some of my collections. I have more and I will display the rest of my collections in this room soon.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Airborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to behold
Nice Collection William.. I should post up pics of my stuff..

Old 04-01-2009, 09:06 AM
RF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really nice
Originally Posted by lpm 505
Addicted to collecting diecast model cars.

I have been collecting 1:43 and 1:18 diecast model cars over the years, below are some of my collections. I have more and I will display the rest of my collections in this room soon.

Really impressive detail. Are they mostly from a single manufacturer? Do you like the way some are made better than others?

Old 04-01-2009, 01:30 PM
lpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud of
Really impressive detail. Are they mostly from a single manufacturer? Do you like the way some are made better than others?
I have diecast cars from Kyosho, MINICHAMPS, AUTOart, HOTWHEELS and Maisto. A lot of my collection are made by AUTOart and I like them the most !

Last edited by lpm 505; 04-01-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:25 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
I've decided I must be addicted to "buying" golf *****. I lose enough on the course these days because of a few years playing with other things.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Jeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to behold
1) Alcohol. Which is why I quit a couple years ago.
2) So now then, Diet Pepsi.
3) Internet
4) Xbox
5) Home improvements. Sometimes not even my own home. I just can't leave things alone.
6) Track days, though I don't go as much as I'd like.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:49 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
William the model of "your car" is by far the coolest. I'm trying to track down a S4 25Q but everyone just makes the "standard car"

Old 04-02-2009, 06:00 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Ok a couple

Fast cars and slow women

High compression and low octane

Old 04-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by StorminS4
William the model of "your car" is by far the coolest. I'm trying to track down a S4 25Q but everyone just makes the "standard car"
Jeremy I had a 2001 S4 several years ago and I was trying to find a 1:18 or 1:43 scale diecast model for the car and I couldn't find it anywhere ! I can easily find A4 sedan or Avant and RS4 diecast model but I had a hard time to find any S4 diecast model reguardless of the model year. But I will let you know if I can find a S4 diecast model in the future especially the 25Q !

Here are some of my 1:18 AUDI collection.

A3, RS4, A6, A8

TT, R8, RS4 Cabriolet

Above are just part of my 1:18 AUDI collection, I have some more in 1:18 and a lot more in 1:43 ! Now I am looking for a 1:18 S5 !

Old 04-02-2009, 10:11 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
That's one cool collection Billy. Where you get the CS?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What are you addicted to?