[Porsche] Larson vs. Barrier

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 10:15 PM
mjf
mjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mftsang
I know the Kevin's at Audi...they're good, but you have to lean on them hard sometimes!!
Originally Posted by cellg8
really? how so?
Bad personal experience. Car in and out multiple times, directly lied to. At one point sent home "car fixed and working to spec" with the replacement part in a box in the car and not yet installed. Twice actually sent home with it "working to spec" when it clearly was not. Had my car for weeks while they "tried to find what was wrong", only to have them find the part that I told them was bad when I dropped it off. At the time it was my only car, and being without a car was annoying. Didn't even offer to give me a ride home let alone a loaner car, although the very last time I brought it in with the uninstalled part they were embarrassed enough to give me a rental overnight.

I think I might have gotten the crap service because it was an older car (8 yrs old at the time) and they figure I wasn't worth their time. Despite the fact that at the time I was looking for a new sports car (ended up with the Lotus). I'm looking for a new family car now and I might still get an Audi as I love my A4 Quattro, but I doubt I'll get it there.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:48 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Kindda sad to see why a such big business firm ended up treating their customer like this and got the permanent damage.

Totally understood, that's why I threw this question here, as you all do, I'm really picky on who works on my car.

Wow, good thing I don't have Audi

Old 03-26-2009, 10:54 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
I on the other hand love Barrier. I have the benefit of knowing someone in sales (and knowing him for a long time) so the deals seem to work out for me. As for service, I could not be happier with the department. I think I am 6-7 miles from Tacoma, and I will head north every time.

The S4 was in today, and as always they were top notch. They always took care of me with the Benz's as well at Barrier Merc. I can't see Porsche being any different.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:35 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
I've been well taken care of by both Barrier Audi service (Graham) and my one visit to Porsche service went well too.

Barrier Porsche sales effectively told me to go pound salt when I tried to negotiate with them so I bought elsewhere.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:42 AM
mjf
mjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud of
It's entirely possible that they're great and were just having a bad month when they worked on my car. I think it's more likely that my assumption about giving better service to newer cars might be true. *shrug*. Ah well, their loss. I have 3 cars and they need to be serviced somewhere.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:45 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PJS
SA Gary at Barrier is a good guy to work with...
And so is Andrew

Old 03-29-2009, 11:41 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Alrighty, Gary & Andrew, haven't had a time to bring in yet, at the same time it didn't look so severe, thanks for the names, can't wait to fix the darn leak.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Finally took my CS in last Saturday and picked her up yesterday.

Gary took care of me and like what others have suggested here, I've never had a dealer service adviser who was extremely knowledgeable and polite like him.

BTW, it had few issues, engine oil was leaking from one of the engine oil pan bolt & temp/sender sensor unit, which were all repaired under the factory warranty (I knew it would come in handy to have the factory warranty someday! ) They didn't just fix the problem they went extra miles to even clean the area to prevent the burnt engine oil smell, nice!

It looked like the leaking problem went on for a while, don't know why the previous owner didn't bother to fix it, even after it covered under the factory warranty.... I have the paper works from the previous owner showed that the engine oil change was done from the dealer too. Maybe the dealer service dept don't point out problems unless it's claimed by the customer? I don't know....

Anyways, another happy customer from Barrier Porsche

Last edited by pcst; 04-22-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:20 PM
Horhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to all
I decided after 1 issue with my Cayenne that I won't be going back to Larson. I had an issue with the climate control so they changed my battery, charged me $500 (because the CPO doesn't cover battery replacement) and apparently never ops checked the climate system. Next time in they replaced components of the climate control system (which were covered by our CPO, and they had sworn weren't the issue previously). On top of that they gave us a cheapo rental Yaris when we dropped our car off. I'm 6'5", they couldn't even find me a mid size sedan?

I will certainly be avoiding Larson service in the future.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:17 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
As I've stated before my office in 10 blocks from Larson and I wouldn't buy a key fob there.

Side note a little birdie told me that Barrier lost their top Porsche Mechanic and he's branched out on his own...........He was also their top CGT mechanic

Old 11-25-2009, 03:14 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
As I've stated before my office in 10 blocks from Larson and I wouldn't buy a key fob there.

Side note a little birdie told me that Barrier lost their top Porsche Mechanic and he's branched out on his own...........He was also their top CGT mechanic
Does that mean you won't be taking your CGT to Larson for service
Funny I actually did purchase a key from them ealier that never worked.
I am happy to hear that "he's" out on his own shop. Those who owns highly modify AND out of warranty Porsche will no longer be discriminated and live in fear.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:26 PM
willcoxmd is infamous around these partswillcoxmd is infamous around these parts
I have to agree with Mark completely. my porsche broke down twice and roadside had to take it to Larson as it was the closest. needless to say, it was a total cluster...i've always had good service up at Barrier.