[Porsche] Larson vs. Barrier

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 09:35 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
[Porsche] Larson vs. Barrier

I found a little engine oil leak on my Cayenne S, it's not dripping or anything like that, but it's there for sure.

Which dealer service dept would you take your Porsche for the warranty service? Larson or Barrier?

Please feel free to share your experiences.
Thanks in advance!

Mike

Last edited by pcst; 03-26-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:03 AM
cellg8 is infamous around these parts
Been to Barrier and they're great folks.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Honestly, both dealers are very reputable, but I recommend go to the closest. You never know if you're going to have to come back for a part, or possibly some other work. If you're in Seattle, driving to Larson may be a bit of an inconvenience?

John

Old 03-26-2009, 10:57 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
My office is 6 blocks from Larson and I take my cars to Barrier............

Old 03-26-2009, 11:09 AM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
My office is 6 blocks from Larson and I take my cars to Barrier............
Funny, My house is 6 miles from Barrier and I go to Larson. At least for Purchases. Tried buying 4 different cars from Barrier over the past 4 years and they don't want to make a deal. However, I have heard great things about their service department.

Since you are so close, go check out my old car. Make sure it's doing ok.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:13 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by David_J
Funny, My house is 6 miles from Barrier and I go to Larson. At least for Purchases. Tried buying 4 different cars from Barrier over the past 4 years and they don't want to make a deal. However, I have heard great things about their service department.

Since you are so close, go check out my old car. Make sure it's doing ok.
Poletti my friend I agree a bunch on Barrier pricing they have been spoiled for too long by the "superrich" eastsiders.

Service and mechanics are a whole different game.

btw check your cell phone buddy. I've sent you two texts this am...

Old 03-26-2009, 11:31 AM
mftsang is infamous around these parts
Barrier is great, Jeff F. runs a very good group over there...

Old 03-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by mftsang

100% agree. Jeff has a great crew. I get lot's of info from Jeff and Justin (now parts manager) that they don't have to take time out of their busy schedules to do.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:24 PM
mjf
mjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud of
I've heard good things about Barrier Porsche. I'd avoid Barrier Audi Service like the plague.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:32 PM
mftsang is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mjf
I've heard good things about Barrier Porsche. I'd avoid Barrier Audi Service like the plague.

I know the Kevin's at Audi...they're good, but you have to lean on them hard sometimes!!

Old 03-26-2009, 02:06 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the advices, I personally would travel extra miles to get the stuff done properly if necessary.
Now I feel comfortable leaving my CS w/ Barrier.
I'll schedule an appointment to have it checked up.

Mike

Last edited by pcst; 03-26-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by mftsang

Is Jeff F. the service dept manager?
Should I just call in to make an appointment with any service advisers or a particular one(please feel free to pass along the names.).

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Old 03-26-2009, 03:22 PM
cellg8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mjf
really? how so?

Old 03-26-2009, 04:13 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pcst
Is Jeff F. the service dept manager?
Should I just call in to make an appointment with any service advisers or a particular one(please feel free to pass along the names.).

Thanks in advance!
Mike
SA Gary at Barrier is a good guy to work with...

Old 03-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by PJS
SA Gary at Barrier is a good guy to work with...

Awesome, thanks for the referral.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: [Porsche] Larson vs. Barrier