HOV Infraction Notices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:35 PM
grambo is infamous around these partsgrambo is infamous around these parts
HOV Infraction Notices

I just asked this over on Pelican but I know the crowd is a bit different over here, so I thought I'd give it a go here as well.
---------

Has anyone here received the dreaded "third notice" for HOV infractions? I just received my first in the mail (completely BOGUS since I don't poach the HOV lane), and I'm wondering if they keep these things on record for future use against you in some way.

It's interesting to note that while you can report someone anonymously, if you go online to dispute the notice (for whatever that's worth), you must provide contact information, a comment on the violation (how am I to comment on something I didn't do???), and then your filing becomes public record.
I commented by essentially requesting discovery. We'll see how that goes over.

I have to wonder why someone wouldn't collect plate numbers from police station/municipal parking lots, then spam the online form with them every few days (from a safe, anonymous IP of course.)

Your thoughts on this?

Old 04-22-2009, 11:01 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Lol, I got one of those with my S6...and I wasn't even driving it! My mechanic was probably driving it on a test run when someone called it in.

I just told them that we have a 1 year old (which we did at the time) and it's hard to see her with the tinted windows.

I can't remember what happened next, but it was something like "Ok, we're sorry if you got this by mistake..."

I don't think they can really do anything if you dispute it.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:45 PM
KNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really nice
Wow this is the first time I've heard of this program in action. I don't violate the HOV restrictions but another potentially "illegitimate" issue to worry about (in addition to increasing speed/intersection cameras)

Old 04-22-2009, 11:48 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
total bs
catch me in the act and ticket me
otherwise... **** off
damn do gooder prius drivers **** me off... how about a warning ticket for going less than the speed limit in the left lane?

rant over

Old 04-23-2009, 09:14 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by PJS
how about a warning ticket for going less than the speed limit in the left lane?

Amen

Old 04-23-2009, 12:59 PM
grambo is infamous around these partsgrambo is infamous around these parts
Yes, probably a smug Prius owner. They do 5 under in the left lane, then flash their high beams at me when I go by on their right. I get it all the time.

I received this response:
Dear Mr. Curkendall,

We received your e-mail requesting information on the alleged usage of the HOV lane. Your vehicle, license xxxxxx, was reported on 03/26/09 at 5:40 pm on northbound 405 near Bellevue. Our program is an educational program and we hope that commuters are aware of the proper use of the lanes so that they don't get a ticket. I have made a notation in our database that you have been contacted regarding this matter. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Thank you,

Jennifer Watts
HERO Representative
and my reply:
Ms. Watts,
Seeing as how I do not drive illegally in the carpool lane, nor do I commute at that time or along that stretch of road, I must dispute the allegation.
Furthermore, I find it offensive that while I am entered into a database for something I did not do, the person that made a false statement reporting me to your department was able to do so with impunity.

Respectfully yours,
Graham Curkendall

Old 04-23-2009, 02:21 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
If you want to get to the bottom of this, I think you can request WSP to show their traffic camera, they usually keep it around for the reasonable amount of time.

The person whoever reported, should know the description of the driver & vehicle. The program should have more requirements prior sending out this kindda bogus notification IMO.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:17 PM
lpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PJS
catch me in the act and ticket me
Totally agree ! I think if someone did not get caught in the act for the violation, the department should not send out any kind of notice or warning unless the act is confirmed by some sort of evidences such as a clear picture that can show the plate number and the driver was committing the violation and/or videos other than base on one witness statment.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:34 PM
I just can NOT believe our system is allowing to enforce the code of laws by a regular untrained citizens.
There are reason why we have law enforcement, since they are trained and know how to enforce the law.

"catch me in the act and ticket me"
Yes, WSP should dispatch on site if someone reports the violator, and issue a huge amount of ticket like $300. Call it good.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:16 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
You guys just need to go to www.mecaroesohybrido.com grab some "Hybrid" rear car badges glue em on and go. We can now drive with the prius's fo free

Old 04-23-2009, 06:05 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Oh well, the world is supposed to come to an end on December 21, 2012. That's according to the Mayan calendar. And if that doesn't work out, Yellowstone Park is expected to have a cataclysmic explosion within the next several years, causing the extinction of everything. Electric cars and the environmental wackos that drive them can go to Hell.

I'm starting a personal campaign to key every one I see parked with "I love Al Gore" on the door.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:47 PM
niter1dah has a spectacular aura aboutniter1dah has a spectacular aura aboutniter1dah has a spectacular aura about
I got one of those a while back. I kept it with the christmas cards I put up on display on the mantle for relatives/friends after Thanksgiving every year. Some ahole reported me being in the carpool lane during restricted hours when it was impossible for me to do so since I had to be at work before the restricted time started.

As for the violations "notices"... unless its changed from the last one I got a few years back, they do not count as real violations or even on the record as much as a parking ticket. You can only be fined when an officer pulls you over.

Last edited by niter1dah; 04-23-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:22 AM
slowv6 is infamous around these parts
I had the same thing before too, and funny thing, I also don't use 520 hwy ever in the time they reported me. Nor I even driving the car I had reported with. That's a few years back though.

last year one summer night, I also had encountered a lady decided to drive 45mph and just refused to let me by... we both merged from 520 to I5 and she procceed to drive at 55mph and blocking my ways. I finally got around it, and she honk, and high beam and flipped me birds.. I just mind my business and gone... 10 minutes later, I spot a police cruizer sitting by right side of I5, poping in gears (the fact that I saw brake light, then half sec reverse, then starting to move) he just tailgated me for 2 exits and then flashing its light pulling me over. The police asked me if I was drinking, I told him my car darts a little because of my alignment and crappy tires.. he then said someone reported me driving recklessly and driving over 100 mph. I was smiling and asked if he realized I was only driving less than 65mph when he followed me last 2 miles... and if he really believed this piece of junk (my daily driver is a 1.6 miata)? let me guessed the someone who reported must be a young lady driving a green 96-97 accord?? The cop smiled and told me to drive safe and be careful of road rages.

People do crazy things all the time on the road, the more I think about it the more I like to take a bus to work.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:02 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
Oh well, the world is supposed to come to an end on December 21, 2012. That's according to the Mayan calendar. And if that doesn't work out, Yellowstone Park is expected to have a cataclysmic explosion within the next several years, causing the extinction of everything.
Sounds like someone has been watching even more History Chanel than I have...

This program is absolute bullisht. Right down to the fact that they call it HERO. They're not saving some child from a burning building...