Exciting news for Exotics at Redmond Town Center

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 02:50 PM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DrwVIP
661 bhp in the U.S. vs the 631hp that the LP640 has. (new intake system and valve lift)
SV stands for SuperVeloce (extreme speed)
220lb lighter then the 640. (light weight exchaust, seats) I wish they would have made it RWD, thus saving a lot more weight
0-60 in 3.2 while the LP640 did it in 3.8.

Only 350 made, and the car mentioned to show up is numbered 0/350.

Should be the last verison of the Murci that we see.
Thanks for the info. While this sounds great, why buy the last of the Murci line? Why not wait for the new one? It's not like they are going from air to water cooled like the 993 -> 996 move Porsche made a few years ago or is it? Will this become more desirable because it is last of breed? Is there something huge and new on the next design?

I guess those questions can wait to be asked of the guest. =)

Old 05-04-2009, 03:19 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BuzzedHornet
Thanks for the info. While this sounds great, why buy the last of the Murci line? Why not wait for the new one? It's not like they are going from air to water cooled like the 993 -> 996 move Porsche made a few years ago or is it? Will this become more desirable because it is last of breed? Is there something huge and new on the next design?

I guess those questions can wait to be asked of the guest. =)
Good questions and I'm not sure yet what I can and can't share. These are great questions for Manfred. The LP670SV is a very unique car in the line and I think it will do well overall. I think part of the decision is that extending the line in this direction buys a little time to get the follow-on design further refined.

The big issue all the exotic brands face is their maintaining performance while meeting environmental regs that are purely political. Any scientist who thinks that the combined fuel consumption and emissions amounts to even the slightest impact on anything should have their head examined and have their IQ come into serious question. They just don't make enough of these cars to have any impact, yet some politician somewhere is pushing through purely feel-good legislation to further regulate exotics. This alone will be a big challenge for all exotic brands, performance is probably not the hurdle by comparison.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:30 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HidetheKeys
Just checking, is this an open event or do we need to be put on a list? I would love to see and hear about Lamborghini!
Yes, it will be open to the public, but there is a cost for the food. We're finalizing the menu this week and we'll have a place to sign up in Evite where you can also pay. We should have it up in the next week.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
I'm definitely in on this. Will the link to sign up be posted here, or in another thread?

Old 05-04-2009, 04:12 PM
I'll post it here as well as other threads. We'll get the word out.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Kristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud of
here's a short first drive review from Car & Driver for the SV - http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t_drive_review if you're interested

here's a review from Car Magazine in the UK too - http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/...ontent-block=0

Last edited by Kristian; 05-05-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: added another review link
Old 05-04-2009, 05:22 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Kristian
here's a short first drive review from Car & Driver for the SV - http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t_drive_review if you're interested
interesting last paragragh Kristian. they say the new SV will out perform the Reventon.

Why would they do this? Doesn't that stand a large chance of pissing off the handful of Reventon owners?

Old 05-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
interesting last paragragh Kristian. they say the new SV will out perform the Reventon.

Why would they do this? Doesn't that stand a large chance of pissing off the handful of Reventon owners?
The Reventon was not designed as a performance focused car. Instead it was like taking a concept car and producing 20 in what was intended to be an artistic statement. This is why they didn't publish HP or other performance numbers. The cost of producing such a small number is significant which is why they were priced at one million Euros. There were also some internal objectives that will help pave the way for future cars. The intent was to create rolling pieces of art that would end up in displays somewhere rather than on a track or on streets, even as weekend drive. It was not ever intended to compete with similar priced cars on the basis of performance. It was purely to make a design statement and generate interest in a direction all at once. The roadster will be no different. The car will be targeted at collectors who display their cars rather than fast-turnover speculators. For those who understood the focus of the 20 coups, this shouldn't bother them in the least as the long-term collectibility should remain intact. There will be ten roadsters produced beginning this fall. I've seen the drawings and it too is dramatic with some surprises. Most will end up in the Middle East but a few may end up here in the US.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:46 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
^^^i'm shocked it's only 1.5 million usd for that car. i had heard originally VW/bugatti had like 8 million per copy of the veyron. it seems a waste. to sell them for 1.5 themselves.

this high end car market is a funny little place. it's odd Lambo and Bugatti don't dip their toes into F1 and waste money there like Ferrari always has.

Is this a question we can ask the manfred dude?

Old 05-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
^^^i'm shocked it's only 1.5 million usd for that car. i had heard originally VW/bugatti had like 8 million per copy of the veyron. it seems a waste. to sell them for 1.5 themselves.

this high end car market is a funny little place. it's odd Lambo and Bugatti don't dip their toes into F1 and waste money there like Ferrari always has.

Is this a question we can ask the manfred dude?
Yup, that's a good question to ask. I think there are a lot of reasons, most having to do with $$ allocation into R&D projects. Lamborghini is dipping their toe in the water with the Super Trofeo series that begins on May 16. Racing participation is way down and I think in better times there would be more aggressive development in those areas. As it stands, building interest in a new series has been a real challenge for Lamborghini, and I'm cheering them on because interest does lead to sales of all exotic brands, not just Lamborghini.

I think the rivalry and focus difference between Lamborghini and Ferrari is a good thing for both brands. They push both to make better cars. I think if the two were more alike we as consumers would lose.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:33 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
So Tommy were the rumors of an RGT style lightweight RWD Murcielago unfounded? I also believe the next evolution will be as lightweight as the SV's have been made. I do lament the passing of the Bizzarini V12 but also embrace the future especially if that future holds an engine rating that starts with a 7!

Old 05-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by germeezy1
So Tommy were the rumors of an RGT style lightweight RWD Murcielago unfounded? I also believe the next evolution will be as lightweight as the SV's have been made. I do lament the passing of the Bizzarini V12 but also embrace the future especially if that future holds an engine rating that starts with a 7!
I've not asked the question specifically, but as far as I know there are no plans for a RWD anything and there has been no discussion about power on the next car either. I'm sure it's still in development.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:54 AM
whatheheck is a jewel in the roughwhatheheck is a jewel in the roughwhatheheck is a jewel in the roughwhatheheck is a jewel in the rough
Cant wait for this event. Thanks for arranging this.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:54 AM
DrwVIP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TommyJames
The Reventon was not designed as a performance focused car. Instead it was like taking a concept car and producing 20 in what was intended to be an artistic statement.
Exactly, Reventon is more like a trophy piece vs something similarly priced like the Zonda F that is purely developed for use on the track.

Just wanted to add, when you see the SV in person you will notice a lot of similarties between the SV and the Reventon. See if you can spot them!

Old 05-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by DrwVIP
Exactly, Reventon is more like a trophy piece vs something similarly priced like the Zonda F that is purely developed for use on the track.

Just wanted to add, when you see the SV in person you will notice a lot of similarties between the SV and the Reventon. See if you can spot them!
Yes, I saw the SV in person in Italy prior to the public release of photos and I was very impressed by the design details. It's a stunning car in person.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exciting news for Exotics at Redmond Town Center