Refinished Speedlines Are On (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Busta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud of
Refinished Speedlines Are On (pics)

A couple of weeks ago I received my refurbished Speedlines from Jim Dorociak. You might know him for his refinishing work over at Rennlist. These Speedlines came with the car when I bought it and were beat to hell. Jim did a great job of breaking them down, trueing them, cleaning, and polishing. I decided to go with a unique finish. The hoops and centers were polished and then the centers were sprayed with a black-tinted clearcoat. It gives the wheels a very black-green metallic look in direct sunlight and more depth than a normal black finish.

Jim even re-etched the "Speedline for Porsche" lettering, wheel widths, and offsets that were rubbed off from previous refinishing. Here they are after removing them from their shipping boxes:

Some shots at the Northgate Target/Best Buy parking garage. Next time, I will use a lower ISO setting to minimize the over-exposure from the overhead lights. The car is riding on Tech Art sport springs and 5mm spacers all around.

My new lighted shift **** and boot

Where the magic happens

Old 05-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Those are some good looking wheels

Old 05-20-2009, 04:00 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great!

Old 05-20-2009, 06:21 PM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
Great looking set up.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:39 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Great pictures too, Jim. Did you take them?

Old 05-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Busta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by atomic80
Great pictures too, Jim. Did you take them?
Yes, I took the photos, but could definitely use some pointers. I'm shooting with a D40, 18-55mm zoom, and tripod. Very basic setup. What I should really do is read the manual and start taking more photos. Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:36 PM
EM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond repute
Looking good..

Old 05-20-2009, 08:20 PM
ivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to behold
looks great, love the color combo !!

Old 05-20-2009, 09:04 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
those wheels are so fricken hot. wow white....damn damn damn

they really make that audi look fantastic

Old 05-21-2009, 12:43 AM
AlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to all
Love, love your car. A period correct turbo wing would finish things off nicely.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Jim, looks AWESOME! The wheels are so sweet!

The shifter is cool, never seen one before.

You should talk to Detail John, about having the clear bra on the rear fenders redone, it's really yellowed & distracts for such a pretty car.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:56 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Don't add a Turbo wing pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeee

the car is spectacular right now

Old 05-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Don't add a Turbo wing pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeee

the car is spectacular right now
Don't worry, Mark. I'm keeping the Audi as-is sans wing. BTW, I saw pics of your new hangar. Lots of space for the toys. I love it! You could set up your own mini karting track in that thing. Nicely done.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:11 AM
^^^no room for karting track I guess I have more crap then I think

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Refinished Speedlines Are On (pics)