Tesla Motors opening a showroom in Seattle :D - Oh, and hello!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 08:18 AM
lenny425 is infamous around these parts
Tesla Motors opening a showroom in Seattle :D - Oh, and hello!

Hi there!

My name is Lenny. I met some of you guys and gals this past weekend(5/16) as I was getting out of work. I work in the Microsoft building next to the parking lot where you guys gather. I just stumbled upon your event by accident while walking around. You're all a really friendly bunch! Someone mentioned 6speedonline so I figured I would pop on and say thanks for the warm welcome on Saturday. I didn't stay long because I was getting off of a 10 hour on-call shift and was dead tired. Mind if I stop by again on the 23rd and/or 30th? I want to snap some pics

I was surprised to see Anthony there, I remember back in the day when he used to DJ at local Seattle shows.

Ok so now down to business...

I don't drive a 6speed or anything like that just yet. I just drive a 2000 Honda Civic that I've had since High school. Who wants pics?!
So I'm debating whether or not to get a Tesla Model S in 2012 when they come out or get a BMW E92 M3. What do you guys think about Teslas? Is it too early to invest in a purely electric car? Is the E92 M3 a safer choice?

I heard this morning that Tesla motors announced that they are going to be opening a showroom and service center on south lake union so that was kind of exciting.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:32 AM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome Lenny.

Your always welcome to the events we have of course.

See you around.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:02 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Welcome Lenny! Great introduction!

~Jody

Old 05-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Apple Sauce is infamous around these parts
[/QUOTE]I heard this morning that Tesla motors announced that they are going to be opening a showroom and service center on south lake union so that was kind of exciting.[/QUOTE]

Welcome, Lenny

The Tesla looks like great fun!
However, the early adopters pay a premium for the pleasure of being first to own.

I hope to meet you soon!

Old 05-21-2009, 12:19 PM
prohydro is infamous around these parts
Definately come out! What building do you work in? I'm in RTC 4. Would love to have you come by, the great thing about the Exotics@Redmond Town Center event is that eveybody is welcome--it's just a bunch of car guys and girls getting together, hanging out and checking out some cool equipment.

Definately make sure you come by on the 30th--Lamborghini is bringing the new (unreleased) Lp-670 SV. Additionally, the CEO of Lamborghini (Stephan Winkelmann) and the Design Director (Manfred Fitzgerald) will be there. Right afterwards, Manfred and Winkelmann will be doing an open discussion over lunch up at the Salish Lodge.

If you're interested in attending the lunch (which should be a very cool opportunity to ask questions about anything related to Lamborghini, exotics in general or the car industry), it's $60 to cover the cost of food and you can email Kimberly@tomnault.com to reserve a spot.

There are 40-50 exotics caravaning up, many people will have open spots to ride in if you'd like to ride up in the caravan.

Looking forward to meeting you hopefully this weekend!

~Christian

Old 05-22-2009, 07:07 PM
lenny425 is infamous around these parts
Hey Christian! I also work in RTC 4. Yeah I will definitely make it out to the May 30th meet. Tom mentioned that the LP650 Roadster is going to be there and I just have to see it.

Vic, you have a good point, I think I'll go with the M3. By the way, were you at CES 2009? I might have seen/chatted with you there.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:26 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
M3>Tesla

unless it is your fifth car

Old 05-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Apple Sauce is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lenny425
Hey Christian! I also work in RTC 4. Yeah I will definitely make it out to the May 30th meet. Tom mentioned that the LP650 Roadster is going to be there and I just have to see it.

Vic, you have a good point, I think I'll go with the M3. By the way, were you at CES 2009? I might have seen/chatted with you there.
\
Yes, I was at CES. Trying to think where we may have met..

I'll probably drive the 360. See you tomorrow.