Competent place on the eastside (Bellevue area) to have tire work done?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 03:08 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
All right, I wouldn't have guessed that Discount Tire would have been held in such high regard, but the location is perfect for me to bring the wheel/tire into work and swing by there...so I'll be giving them a shot. Thanks again for all the suggestions, except for the one from H20SKIER of course.
hold on. I almost said the bakery

Old 05-22-2009, 04:40 PM
EM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
hold on. I almost said the bakery
Those only put on 'spare tires'..

Old 05-23-2009, 09:49 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by EM5PWR
Those only put on 'spare tires'..

Old 05-26-2009, 05:19 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
All right, I wouldn't have guessed that Discount Tire would have been held in such high regard, but the location is perfect for me to bring the wheel/tire into work and swing by there...so I'll be giving them a shot. Thanks again for all the suggestions, except for the one from H20SKIER of course.
I've been going there for a long time, and have always have been happy with the work they've done there.

I took my summer tires to get mounted back on the S6 this Saturday. They told me that 2 of the summer tires had been destroyed -- probably as a result of them taking them off the car, they hadn't noticed they'd buggered them up when they took them off. Mistakes happen. But they ordered up 2 brand-new tires to replace the damage that they'd *probably* done, no questions asked -- even though I'd already put 10k miles on them. I think that's pretty good service.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:24 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BritBlaster
I've been going there for a long time, and have always have been happy with the work they've done there.

I took my summer tires to get mounted back on the S6 this Saturday. They told me that 2 of the summer tires had been destroyed -- probably as a result of them taking them off the car, they hadn't noticed they'd buggered them up when they took them off. Mistakes happen. But they ordered up 2 brand-new tires to replace the damage that they'd *probably* done, no questions asked -- even though I'd already put 10k miles on them. I think that's pretty good service.
did you tell them that they should replace all 4 since the car is quattro?

Old 06-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
I just wanted to let you guys know the update about getting my tire problem sorted out. I went to Discount Tire in Bellevue (Bel-Red road) last night and couldn't have been happier with their service. My service advisor (for lack of a better title) was a guy named Darrell Gettis, and the guy doing the actual work on my tire was a guy named Andrew, who is a manager there as well.

First off, they asked me if I wanted to drive my car into the bay...so big time brownie points were scored right away. Naturally, I took them up on this, and they assured me that their technicians and equipment were perfect for discerning owners with high end wheels. The end result was that I had a screw in my tire on the inside edge and they did the complete repair, sanded down some surface rust on the backside of the wheel and the face of the wheel hub, and even threw in a couple parts that will help me check the air pressure on my front Fikse wheels (which have wheel faces that make it hard to check with some standard pressure gauges).

My charge for all of this? Zero dollars and zero cents. I literally tried to force them to take money from me, at least for the parts they gave me, but they didn't want anything. So, obviously I'm a big fan and they treated me right. Thanks to everyone who suggested going there, and I can certainly recommend their services to anyone who is paranoid about getting their wheels damaged during tire service.

Also, they mentioned they did have some low mileage Michelin PS2 and Pirelli tires available in 996TT and 997TT sizes...in case anyone is interested. My Sumitomos are in good shape, so I didn't need to take them up on this, so just passing that along.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:55 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to hear the good review. They get my biz, and even if that's only once a year to buy a set I won't go anywhere else.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
I had discount tire in bremerton put tires on my lotus and they did an exceptional job as well