Somebody keyed my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 02:16 PM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
truly sux. Has my 2 week old x5 keyed in a staples lot but they claim the cameras that are plainly visible are inoperative. Im sure those would spring to life if I slip and sue.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:37 PM
funcars is infamous around these parts
Brendan: that sucks. Best of luck with the repair.

You should also have a lawyer request any video available. For a multitude of reasons, including self-interest (imagine if it showed employees on break either watching or doing the damage), they will not produce anything when "just asked".

Old 05-30-2009, 08:36 PM
gareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by detailjohn
Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that. Haury's on lake city way does an excellent job as well. They also have a V8 M3 loaner car available. They are also pros at dealing with insurance companies.

John
What he said

Old 05-31-2009, 12:35 AM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by funcars
Brendan: that sucks. Best of luck with the repair.

You should also have a lawyer request any video available. For a multitude of reasons, including self-interest (imagine if it showed employees on break either watching or doing the damage), they will not produce anything when "just asked".
i laughed at this one. the LEO did go in and view the video. i also confirmed with a few employees that there is one camera at the front of the store that they turn in during the day and out to the parking lot at night. in the end, i have an insurance claim....

which makes 2 in a week - broke my windshield at PIR. all this just after i got the thing detailed!

at least i won't be accused of having a garage queen

Old 05-31-2009, 01:17 AM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
I'm sorry to hear about this. I'm interested to know where were you parked in the lot? (Were you double parked? Parked out of the way? In a hard to find spot?)

I'll add that, back in January, I was headed to the Best Buy here in town (which is coincidentally almost across the street from the Porsche dealer), and as I was driving up, a few teens near the front of the store see my car and give themselves whiplash watching me pull in.

I just kept going right out of the back of the lot and did my business elsewhere

Old 05-31-2009, 02:49 PM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
i was parked in a regular spot, halfway from the store to the end of the parking lot. no double parking, not way out at the end, etc. just regular, regular. didn't cut anybody off, etc..

interestingly, as the cop was writing up the report, many people commented on how nice/cool the car was. it's not pimped our or anything but the vast majority of people were as pissed off as i was....

Old 05-31-2009, 05:54 PM
huskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to all
As noted by the famous Vincent in Pulp Fiction: "What's more chicke-**** than fu-king with a man's automobile? I mean, don't fu-k with another man's vehicle."

Lance
: Still got your Malibu?
Vincent: Aw, man. You know what some fuc-er did the other day?
Lance: What?
Vincent: Fuc-ing keyed it.
Lance: Oh, man, that's fuc-ed up.
Vincent: Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some dic-less piece of **** ****ed with it.
Lance: They should be fuc-ing killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.
Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that as-hole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.
Lance: What a fu-ker!
Vincent: What's more chicke-**** than fuc-ing with a man's automobile? I mean, don't fu-k with another man's vehicle.
Lance: You don't do it.
Vincent: It's just against the rules.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by brendo
i was parked in a regular spot, halfway from the store to the end of the parking lot. no double parking, not way out at the end, etc. just regular, regular.

Could it have been a gouge from someone going by with a shopping cart?

If I go to BB, thats the one I usually visit.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:50 PM
seattle_s4 is infamous around these partsseattle_s4 is infamous around these parts
I'd recommend EuroTech Bodywerkes in Kirkland. Mark Israel is great and really knows his Porsches.