Somebody keyed my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 01:43 AM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
Somebody keyed my car

vent: so i parked at best buy to run a quick errand. it took about 10 minutes and i drove up to barrier. ryan, one of their new sales guys, asks me what happened to my car?

i looked at him funny, and then looked at the nose of my 997. huge key mark about 30 inches long across the nose, thru the clear bra into the paint.

i went back to best buy and they do not have video surveillance of the parking lot. filed a report with bellevue's finest who was very nice, professional and didn't make an issue of no front plate (btw).

i.am.crabby.

i guess i'm off to queen city unless there are other suggestions. i'm all ears.

Last edited by brendo; 05-30-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:02 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
That sucks. People like that should be shot in the stomach.

I had some stuff done at haury's and was very happy with the service and work.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:47 AM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
That sucks. People like that should be shot in the stomach.
Couldn't agree more... Although, if it makes you feel any better, I've had my car severely scraped with a shopping cart on purpose, ran over crap once & got all the wheel wells, underbelly, & side of car filled with sh*t, had someone put a deep unremovable scratch on the driver's side with their door, a small chip on the passenger side also from a door & I saw the person do it & they were a total ****ing d*ck about it, & just last week someone hit my rear bumper in the parking lot & didn't leave a note, I'm going to have to get dent repair as well as a repaint. I've also received less than friendly remarks & attitudes from other drivers, that's what happens when you're 19 years old driving a Porsche through a ghetto neighborhood (forced to due to the location of my businesses). Anyway, that's just the Porsche. As for the Mercedes, it's been egged, a window broken, graffitied, keyed, dented by who knows what on the door, & also hit with no note in a parking lot. Those are just the things I remember... Getting a Lambo in a couple months & I'm going to have to wash it with holy water or something to protect it. It definetely will NOT be my daily driver, lol.

In the end you just have to think to yourself that your car might now be keyed, but you have a Porsche. The person that did it probably drives a rusted Ford Pinto that's falling apart & can't even pass a smog test. He also probably makes minimium wage, has an ugly gf if any at all, is 40 living with his parents, has a tattoo that says "Dawg" on his neck, considers drinking 40oz's all day as being a fun sport, has herpes, & has been raped in a jail cell by a guy named Tyrome... See, even with your keyed Porsche, you're still living much better than the guy who keyed it, that's the reason he did it. So smile.

Last edited by RaphaelP; 05-30-2009 at 03:14 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:01 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
I find it very hard to believe that BB doesn't have a lot surveillance camera. Sorry about the damage.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that sucks...

IMO I would recomend Rich at Bel-Red Auto

I swsitched to them from Queen City a while back, just a better job IMO

Old 05-30-2009, 07:25 AM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
I would second Roy's recommendation of Rich at Bel-Red. When it comes to paint and body that guy is my hero.

Very sorry to hear about the car. I can't believe that they don't have cameras at the Bellevue BB...

Old 05-30-2009, 07:32 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Ironic because I made the switch from Rich to Queen City a couple years ago because they did a bad job for me a few times. Queen City actually had to fix the job that Bel Red messed up.

BTW, Brendo, sorry to hear about the keying. Some people are just beneath themselves.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
I went to bel-red and it just didn't seem like a friendly place, maybe it was just me, but when you show up to a place of business and the person there doing the estimate doesn't even shake your hand and makes minimal eye contact I take that as an insult. Making I could chaulk it up as intimidation but I wasn't as fear inspiring as I am now.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:08 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
That sucks. Never drive anything you care about anywhere public. All maner of monkeys will come out to **** on it.

J

Old 05-30-2009, 09:16 AM
mozhacker is infamous around these parts
Real sorry to hear about this, I always wonder what will happen whenever I park anywhere too.

Not a psych profile, but the few dozen times or so in my life time that I have personally seen someone damage, ding, or otherwise put a mark on someone's very nice car, it wasn't some juvenile punk or stereotypical image of someone poor, ghetto, ugly, etc - which by the way I think is a pretty stupid stereotype to have and just denigrates people in a different and less fortunate situation than ourselves.

No, what I've seen is the 'lady next door', 'grandma next door', etc types who just doesn't give a ****. Park like 6 inches from someone's Porsche, fling the door open without even thinking about consequence, and scrape/ding/dent the guy's door.

p.s. needless to say, the 75% of the time I remember to do so, I drive my beater/commute car to shopping and other lots for usual errands. My best buy doesn't have a security camera that I've ever noticed.

Another classic I've seen at least 3-4 times in my life is the supermarket bag on your car scenario - man/woman/teen comes out of the supermarket with bags in both hands, decides they can't fish their car key out with one hand full of bags, so they just plop the bags on top of the hood or roof of the exotic car next to them. Once I saw a can of some type roll out of the bag and strike the side view mirror of that unfortunate car.

I've never actually seen a keying in action on someone elses, or my own car. But I see this careless don't give a **** attitude from people that look like they work in banks or other white collar jobs all the time. And they are not driving POS cars, they are driving for the most part mid range to upper mid ranger cars.

Last edited by mozhacker; 05-30-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:00 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
aww...that sucks. it's terribly frustrating, especially if it's out of your pocket to fix. we've had someone back into one of our cars before and of course, just left.

we've used queencity for body/paint work on our 996. it's the only place we've gone to, so it's the only place that i can recommend to you.

best wishes!

Old 05-30-2009, 10:06 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that. Haury's on lake city way does an excellent job as well. They also have a V8 M3 loaner car available. They are also pros at dealing with insurance companies.

John

Old 05-30-2009, 11:39 AM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
thanks all for the comments. this is definately not the first time i've had damage to a car but the malice with this one really suprised me. plus, the buzzard luck associated with a ten minute stop really suprised me.

but hey, the bellevue LEO was great

regarding bel-red and queen city: i've had some mercedes work done at bel-red and they did a great job. however, i think i like the attitude at queen city better. i have an open mind tho

ghotiman: i respectfully disagree with your comments not to drive things you value in public. from my pov, i wanted a high performance daily driver. daily = public.

i will update you guys on the outcome. looks like about a $1400 insurance claim with the clear bra replacement included....

Old 05-30-2009, 12:48 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
ghotiman: i respectfully disagree with your comments not to drive things you value in public. from my pov, i wanted a high performance daily driver. daily = public.
I hear ya. But this is the price isn't it? I for one don't think the reward of driving my best car daily is worth the potential "cost"...mentally and financially. Some do, some don't...you have to do what works for you. I'd rather buy a beater and have piece of mind. I'm in my 997 or it's in the gaurage...end of story. My wife drives a '98 Boxster daily that was purchased used for about 10k. It's not perfect and it was cheap, so she doesn't worry about it....just drives it, parks it, enjoys it.

J

Old 05-30-2009, 01:39 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
ohhh to catch that guy/gal in the act would be worth the jail/bail

Totally sucks

I have been to qc for front bumper and bel red for new rear bumper

I would go bel-red

I feel for you - what a hassle

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Somebody keyed my car