Auto Auctions in the NW.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Auto Auctions in the NW.

Are there any reliable auctions in the NW and would I be likely to find a 996 Turbo in good shape there?

Old 06-03-2009, 08:57 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Manheim Seattle is the only one I am aware of as far as dealer auctions go.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:05 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Old 06-03-2009, 09:06 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
woohoo james! the pcar bug bit ya in the butt, huh??

Old 06-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
How does that work? Do you have to have a dealers license in order to go and purchase a car? IF I have a friend go with me that can purchase there, how does it get licensed and registered? Would that then happen back at his dealer? Finally I imagine there are some costs associated with that as well......

Old 06-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Ya I looked into Ebay, but there have been some serious nightmares with buying cars on that site....Makes me a little wary..

Old 06-03-2009, 09:14 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hot Shot
How does that work? Do you have to have a dealers license in order to go and purchase a car? IF I have a friend go with me that can purchase there, how does it get licensed and registered? Would that then happen back at his dealer? Finally I imagine there are some costs associated with that as well......
Yup, your friend can take you. The transaction would go through his dealership just like buying any other car from a dealer.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:39 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Unless you know these cars like a back of your hands, I would stay away from auctions. You get an hour before biddings to exam the car and that's it. You need a decent PPI with these cars. Or at the very least leakdown and compression test. The price of a used 996TT may be desireable to own but the repair and mods parts/labors will add up very fast. I know the 996TT community on 6speed well and there are several very decent ones listing in the FS section right now.

Last edited by vincentdds; 06-03-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
aww thought u wanted the lotus? tsk tsk tsk

Old 06-04-2009, 07:36 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
^^he rode in my car. that must have changed his mind. wink* wink*

Old 06-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hot Shot
I will be more than happy to help you out, with purchase or lease, license, reg..all of it etc etc...

I am out of town till June 9th, but get a hold of my GM Kevin, he can het the ball rolling for you

kevin@catsexotics.com

or 425-353-2287 Ext #2

Thanks Roy Cats

Old 06-04-2009, 09:06 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Unless you know these cars like a back of your hands, I would stay away from auctions. You get an hour before biddings to exam the car and that's it. You need a decent PPI with these cars. Or at the very least leakdown and compression test. The price of a used 996TT may be desireable to own but the repair and mods parts/labors will add up very fast. I know the 996TT community on 6speed well and there are several very decent ones listing in the FS section right now.
+1 for sound advice

Old 06-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Sj300zx is infamous around these parts
Manheim is hit and miss. We've purchased a couple cars through the south seattle auction, and neither were as perfect as they first appeared. We discovered the entire side of the audi we had purchased had been repainted after bringing it back!

You do have time after closing to back out of the deal, however. I *believe* we had a day to decide if we wanted the cars or not after we had won the auction, perhaps longer. We were also able to view the cars in more detail afterward, and have them inspected by the on site service facility. There are certainly great cars that go through the auction, but with 1000+ going through a week, you need to check them closely.

Last edited by Sj300zx; 06-04-2009 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
I will be more than happy to help you out, with purchase or lease, license, reg..all of it etc etc...

I am out of town till June 9th, but get a hold of my GM Kevin, he can het the ball rolling for you

kevin@catsexotics.com

or 425-353-2287 Ext #2

Thanks Roy Cats
Thanks everyone.
I'm still in the planning stages. Have to part my car out and sell it for a few months, then plan on something around bonus time next year. That should be around March. I'll definitely talk to you around them Roy. That might be the easiest option.