Looking for a Receptionist/Secretary

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 02:44 PM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
Looking for a Receptionist/Secretary

I am looking for a new secretary. My last one left to help her father in his business. If anyone knows of someone who is young, energetic, willing to learn, and looking for something with the ability to move up the pay scale as they develop a role in the company please send them my way. I have had a few prospects, but thus far have been flakes, which is a good thing to weed them out now rather than later. Pay is 10-12/hr DOE, but if they perform well the rate will obviously go up. We also offer full medical benefits. Basic administrative and receptionist skills will be needed immediately, but shall grow into a executive assistant for me as their skills progress. The eventual role will be my sidekick to maintain and build customer relationships. There just isn't enough time in the day for me to tend to everything and need help. Another prerequisite, she must be good looking. I will be working with this person a lot and want some eye candy. Send me a pm if you have anyone in mind, thanks in advance!

edit: Forgot to mention our office is in lynnwood.

Last edited by lawin; 06-15-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lawin
I am looking for a new secretary. My last one left to help her father in his business. If anyone knows of someone who is young, energetic, willing to learn, and looking for something with the ability to move up the pay scale as they develop a role in the company please send them my way. I have had a few prospects, but thus far have been flakes, which is a good thing to weed them out now rather than later. Pay is 10-12/hr DOE, but if they perform well the rate will obviously go up. We also offer full medical benefits. Basic administrative and receptionist skills will be needed immediately, but shall grow into a executive assistant for me as their skills progress. The eventual role will be my sidekick to maintain and build customer relationships. There just isn't enough time in the day for me to tend to everything and need help. Another prerequisite, she must be good looking. I will be working with this person a lot and want some eye candy. Send me a pm if you have anyone in mind, thanks in advance!

edit: Forgot to mention our office is in lynnwood.
Let me know when you get hit with the "sexist" comments in a public add... for your company...I hope you have sexual harrassment insurance...a MUST in todays world for any business owner.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:13 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
My sister is looking for a job. I'll PM you her info.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Location?

Old 06-15-2009, 03:17 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
What about a sexy russian man? Would I be allowed to drive the Aston Martin? LOL. JK, gl!

Old 06-15-2009, 03:20 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CrazyRuskie
What about a sexy russian man? Would I be allowed to drive the Aston Martin? LOL. JK, gl!
you crack me up!

GL with finding a good employee. They are hard to come by! If I hear of anyone looking, I'll send them your way.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:36 PM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
Let me know when you get hit with the "sexist" comments in a public add... for your company...I hope you have sexual harrassment insurance...a MUST in todays world for any business owner.
there is sexual harrassment insurance? wow, didnt know they had insurance specifically for that. LOL

btw, you get my email?

Old 06-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Well were are a few options for you...one Man and one Woman LOL

Attached Images   
Old 06-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Well were are a few options for you...one Man and one Woman LOL
if you come with the woman, i'll take the car

Last edited by lawin; 06-15-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
you crack me up!

GL with finding a good employee. They are hard to come by! If I hear of anyone looking, I'll send them your way.
In todays market it is an EMPLOYEERS choice...but you do get what youpay for...and I just cant bear to think anyone can live on $10-$12 an hour and be of any great value or become long lasting in a company.

I have been very lucky to have GREAT people work for me with very very little turn over. I do hwoever start at $16.00 per hour.

I have found in my many years, the more I share the more cost effective it is in not having to search out new emploeeys, new training, lost skills etc etc..

Think of it this way...WHAT is the time you get to paly, (due to your employees) watching out for your company...for me a HELL of a lot more than $16.00 an hour...just our 30 day trail start wage...

When you share more of what you have, your return will be far greater than you ever could have thogut of.

Just IMO and what I have found in 20 plus years of business, and currently having over 45 plus employees.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:49 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
^^Sounds like you've gone through lots of trials and tribulations to get to where you're at today, Roy. Like my hubby always says, " I went through four years of school at U of WA to earn my degree in business. Unfortunately, back then, they taught us very little about employee relationships and the psychology behind them". That was something he had to learn the hard way by hiring, firing, managing, etc.

It sounds like you've been there/done that too! I think you've got a great program going and it sounds like you're company is a great one to work for. You give back to the employees and they in turn will give back to the company.

Nice job!

Old 06-15-2009, 03:51 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
In todays market it is an EMPLOYEERS choice...but you do get what youpay for...and I just cant bear to think anyone can live on $10-$12 an hour and be of any great value or become long lasting in a company.

I have been very lucky to have GREAT people work for me with very very little turn over. I do hwoever start at $16.00 per hour.

I have found in my many years, the more I share the more cost effective it is in not having to search out new emploeeys, new training, lost skills etc etc..

Think of it this way...WHAT is the time you get to paly, (due to your employees) watching out for your company...for me a HELL of a lot more than $16.00 an hour...just our 30 day trail start wage...

When you share more of what you have, your return will be far greater than you ever could have thogut of.

Just IMO and what I have found in 20 plus years of business, and currently having over 45 plus employees.
I have to agree with that.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:54 PM

i agree whole heartedly, however the issue hasn't been pay. its the fact that the prospects aren't even coming in for an interview even when pay is not disclosed. actually, a couple of prospects got promotions after i gave them my card to send me their resumes. we shall see, i am willing to pay more, but the starting wage seems to be fair given the market. however, if the right person comes along i will be open to negotiate.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
I don't know if Sarah is looking for another position or not, but I'll run it by her. Have you met her yet? She's been out to a few of the RTC meets with me. We're here in North Mill Creek too, so it's fairly close.
I'll PM you for a number.
-James

Old 06-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
BTW, what does you're company specialize in?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.