Photoshoot: 997.2 GT3 at dealership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:19 PM
EM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond repute
Chubby !!!

Old 08-13-2009, 11:06 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
So here is the lowdown
barrier had/has 2 stock units - both white
#1 had a $135 sticker and now belongs to Ted Anthony sr/jr and was on the track today at pir - Ted jr said it was great
#2 has a mid $140s sticker and is still available

Jason is right - car comes with a centerlock socket and a porsche torque wrench is optional

Ted jr said the additional torque provided by the 3.8 is a very noticable improvement over gen 1 997-3

car looks great in the flesh especially on the track

OT: ORP for the first time tomorrow :-)

Old 08-14-2009, 01:31 AM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
Beautiful pictures Jason.
Car #2 was rumored to be going to the owner of the SR71

He's not bitten yet.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:56 PM
gareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud of
Jason did you get a chance to drive that thing.
It's quite impressive.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:14 PM
NcParker has a spectacular aura aboutNcParker has a spectacular aura about
wow, great detail shots. click save to several..

Here's a little more info on the Delphi engine mounts
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/11/d...rsche-911-gt3/

Old 08-14-2009, 02:54 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Funny magnaride suspension is on the ferrari california and 599. Most likely will carry over to the 458 italia as well. For 99% of drivers it sure seems to be a crazy expense to add to a car .....just my 2 cents

Old 08-14-2009, 09:38 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Magnetic engine mount is different from magnetic shocks suspension. The magnetic suspension on the Audi R8 is simply brilliant. The wheel sensors tells the ECU to change the viscosities of the magnetic fluids in the shocks. Thereby instantaneously changes the firmness of the suspensions to compensate for the different roads conditions..Every sports cars should have it as standard imo. The magnetic mounts have been around for a while and are only effective on the track you will not feel the difference on the streets.

Last edited by vincentdds; 08-14-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:34 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PJS
#1 had a $135 sticker and now belongs to Ted Anthony sr/jr and was on the track today at pir
That's one hell of an engine break-in!

Hey Vince, if you want some H&R lowering springs to go with your magnetic dampening, let me know. I took mine off and put on KW V3 with front hydraulic lift. I had to disable the magnetic feature, which I may or may not regret.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:48 AM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
Spotted one of these two white ones driving next to me (In my old 6GT3) on I-405 at 6:15PM returning back to Barrier. It was such a tease!

Old 08-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Stopped in to look at it today. It had a sold sign on the dash it was still parked inside but the rear deck was warm like it'd been driven in the last hour or so.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:53 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
That's one hell of an engine break-in!

Hey Vince, if you want some H&R lowering springs to go with your magnetic dampening, let me know. I took mine off and put on KW V3 with front hydraulic lift. I had to disable the magnetic feature, which I may or may not regret.
Roman
What was wrong with the H&R setup? Too soft?

Last edited by vincentdds; 08-17-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:56 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Roman
Why was wrong with the H&R setup? Too soft?
No, the H&R is firmer than the KW in the factory setting. I will tighten up the KWs for the track. I did it because I wanted, or rather needed the front lift. I'm getting the PPI front lip put on this week, and I won't be able to clear anything without it. The H&R goes well with the OEM shocks, drops the car a bit and reduces understeer a little.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
No, the H&R is firmer than the KW in the factory setting. I will tighten up the KWs for the track. I did it because I wanted, or rather needed the front lift. I'm getting the PPI front lip put on this week, and I won't be able to clear anything without it. The H&R goes well with the OEM shocks, drops the car a bit and reduces understeer a little.
I may be adding stuffs to my car as well. I would not want to have clearance problem if lowering it. This is one sport car that I never have to worry about scraping the underside.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:51 PM
kyleblix is infamous around these parts
Dear god.....