CGT get upside down in Portland?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:57 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PJS
I heard that the owner has an Enzo, F50, and an F40 as well
From that description it sounds like Page Stevens or one his sons. I believe all could be considered accomplished drivers with lots of track time. If it is Mr. Stevens, I think he still has a spare CGT in a different shade of grey.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:13 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
and another one -- in china

teamspeed.com/forums/gt/27450-not-faint-hearted.html

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 08-27-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:44 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PJS
Portland car
even the best drivers sometimes "lose it"... as I understand it the owner is a "good driver" just made a mistake.

Posting pics of this is pointless -- the car came to a stop upside down... so the math is pretty easy so to speak.

From what I understand these cars are easily totalled by insurance companies because the cost to repair is "not worth it"... I would imagine that the insurance company will have no trouble selling the wrecked car to someone to part out.

sad to lose another one... one wrecked beyond repair at pacific raceways about a month ago (canadian car)... so that is 2 in the NW in a month.

everyone walked away and 2 x CGT RIP
PJ it depends on your insurance company. My insurance company has stated value on my high end cars. My old cars are through Hagerty and that is completely a stated Value company. Some people use Hagerty or Chubb another high end insurance company exclusive. Stated value through my main insurance company is not a normal thing. The Broker/Adjuster has my policy going a little different because of the quantity of cars. I totally agree someone could ditch one of these cars for the cash out rather then suck it up and realize they are worth over 100-150k less then they paid. That's a shame and it's happening a lot right now in the Yacht world. Stories of 50' and 60' suddenly drifting out to sea are on the rise for sure.

From what you guys have said if the guy owns a few high end cars I really doubt a 100k or so means anything to him and that's 99% most likely not the case. Sounds like someone forgot about the 600hp for a bit and no more cgt

Old 08-26-2009, 09:33 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
From that description it sounds like Page Stevens or one his sons. I believe all could be considered accomplished drivers with lots of track time. If it is Mr. Stevens, I think he still has a spare CGT in a different shade of grey.
I saw one of them many years ago at Portland Raceway. Mr Stevens was a gracious person who took time to talk to me and allowed me to take pictures of his then brand new CGT.

Hopefully it wasn't this one that was totaled.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Is the cgt parked next to a snow plow truck?

Old 08-26-2009, 12:59 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
PJ it depends on your insurance company. My insurance company has stated value on my high end cars. My old cars are through Hagerty and that is completely a stated Value company. Some people use Hagerty or Chubb another high end insurance company exclusive. Stated value through my main insurance company is not a normal thing. The Broker/Adjuster has my policy going a little different because of the quantity of cars. I totally agree someone could ditch one of these cars for the cash out rather then suck it up and realize they are worth over 100-150k less then they paid. That's a shame and it's happening a lot right now in the Yacht world. Stories of 50' and 60' suddenly drifting out to sea are on the rise for sure.

From what you guys have said if the guy owns a few high end cars I really doubt a 100k or so means anything to him and that's 99% most likely not the case. Sounds like someone forgot about the 600hp for a bit and no more cgt
Interesting...
Yeah I do not think the owner was participating in any funny business...just pointing out that he could get paid for the headache if he has a stated value policy since the market is a bit down..

Old 08-26-2009, 08:31 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
Is the cgt parked next to a snow plow truck?
I think that is one of Mr. Stevens' very fast rally cars, a Renault. 0-60 in something less than 3 seconds. This guy has a very extensive car collection, which he had a showing for the Portland BMW ACA club a couple of years back.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:36 PM
JohnCh is infamous around these parts
I think that is one of Mr. Stevens' very fast rally cars, a Renault. 0-60 in something less than 3 seconds.
I believe it is actually an MG Metro 6R4. I don’ think any of the Renault rally cars were quite that aesthetically challenged

-John

Old 08-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by JohnCh
I believe it is actually an MG Metro 6R4. I don’ think any of the Renault rally cars were quite that aesthetically challenged

-John
Could very well be. He had several weird rally cars in his collection.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:41 PM
kyleblix is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear about he car, but glad he is ok!

Old 08-27-2009, 05:51 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JohnCh

-John
Good catch. I thought it might've been a Renault 5 Turbo rally car (which, if we're fair, was equally aesthetically challenged).
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/cambs.mgoc/fwd/metro.html

I'm glad to hear that the driver is doing OK.
Anyone that disables traction control on a CGT has high-carbon steel *****.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
I think that is one of Mr. Stevens' very fast rally cars, a Renault. 0-60 in something less than 3 seconds. This guy has a very extensive car collection, which he had a showing for the Portland BMW ACA club a couple of years back.
Yeah I was being sarcastic, that car looks amazingly fun.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:13 AM
RCArce01 is infamous around these parts
+1

That's what I was thinking as well. The guy is quite an amazing driver really, I've spoken to a few people that have ridden in his Enzo while he drove it at PIR and they said he really takes it to the limit. I've seen him occasionally on the roads around here, always in a different exotic. I used to live about 2 miles from him in Wilsonville. Although I've heard he likes to keep a very low profile and rarely invites the public to see his collection unless he personally knows you or one of his friends can vouch for you.

I don't think he likes when people judge him by his cars and everyone seems much more friendly to you once they know you have money. It's too bad about the CGT... but then again it's much better that he is okay. He has a second one anyways so I guess it ain't so bad

Old 08-30-2009, 01:05 AM
GTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud of
Glad the driver walked away safely...