CGT get upside down in Portland?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 05:22 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
CGT get upside down in Portland?

I heard from a buddy of mine that he saw a CGT wrecked on the side of the road near Tualatin late last week. He said he thinks it was a CGT (he's not really a Porsche person) and was darker grey in color. Car was supposedly flipped upside down and lying on its top off the side of the freeway near an off-ramp. Anybody here?

Old 08-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Ouch, I hope everyone was ok. I also hope it was a Fiero kit car.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:38 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Confirmed
it was a cgt
owner not on this board
all reportedly okay
car is a complete loss

Last edited by PJS; 08-24-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Yup I was told about on Saturday. driving the car with the Traction control off and lost it on an On/off ramp.. he is good but has some scrapes

Old 08-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
The CGT is a very difficult car to drive compared to a lot of supercars. That tail comes out quickly.

John

Old 08-24-2009, 10:41 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
I heard that the owner has an Enzo, F50, and an F40 as well

Old 08-25-2009, 11:06 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PJS
I heard that the owner has an Enzo, F50, and an F40 as well
so it's finally confirmed money can't buy driving ability

Sad to hear about the CGT and really glad owner is ok.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:48 PM
PWR2LBS has a spectacular aura aboutPWR2LBS has a spectacular aura about
I may be able to put him in touch with someone that would like whats left of the car if anyone knows who the owner is??

Old 08-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Apple Sauce is infamous around these parts
That car has been often referred to as a widow maker.
Perhaps a handful to drive w/o serious training behind the wheel.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:59 PM
PWR2LBS has a spectacular aura aboutPWR2LBS has a spectacular aura about
I really dont think its all that bad. 996 GT2 is far worse. It rides softer than youd expect, and responds to your inputs like a dream.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:12 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Thanks for the confirmation. I was pretty skeptical about this when my buddy told me he saw it in person since he's not a Porsche guy and I would be pretty shocked that there would be a CGT upside down on the side of the freeway here in Portland.

Does anybody know if it was a local (Portland) car or someone from out-of-state (since everyone that has responded is from Seattle maybe it's a Seattle owner)? Good to hear that he was ok. Stunned to hear that it's a total loss as my friend said it was upside down but didn't look totalled. Wish he would have took some pictures.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:01 PM
PJS
Portland car
even the best drivers sometimes "lose it"... as I understand it the owner is a "good driver" just made a mistake.

Posting pics of this is pointless -- the car came to a stop upside down... so the math is pretty easy so to speak.

From what I understand these cars are easily totalled by insurance companies because the cost to repair is "not worth it"... I would imagine that the insurance company will have no trouble selling the wrecked car to someone to part out.

sad to lose another one... one wrecked beyond repair at pacific raceways about a month ago (canadian car)... so that is 2 in the NW in a month.

everyone walked away and 2 x CGT RIP

Old 08-25-2009, 08:23 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PJS
everyone walked away and 2 x CGT RIP
Thanks for the inside scoop... I'm glad he walked away from it - I know its just a car at the end of the day but knowing it was a CGT is a tuff pill to swallow.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:49 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by iJeremy
Thanks for the inside scoop... I'm glad he walked away from it - I know its just a car at the end of the day but knowing it was a CGT is a tuff pill to swallow.
no problem
In order:
owners okay -- good
CGTs wrecked -- sad

now if someone could keep Gemballa's hands off the remaining CGTs

Interesting question -- I have never had to insure a car worth this much money -- are they insured just like a normal car (market replacement value etc) or is it a stated value policy? probably whatever you are willing to pay for if I had to guess.

If the exotic insurance policy is a stated value policy and lets say this car was insured for $375K or so... the owner will be able to take advantage of current market conditions and get a replacement and put a few $ in his pocket.

Please note that I am no way implying that this was anything other than an accident... I am merely pointing out that the market is such that if the car was insured using a stated value policy, market conditions are such that he may be able to replace the car without too much financial pain.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:47 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Walter Rohrl himself said the only oversteer slide he could recover from is a power on oversteer slide. He said if you get in an inertia oversteer slide even he himself can't recover from it 9 times out of 10. The car doesn't ask for respect it demands respect!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CGT get upside down in Portland?