Special Guest at the Italian Concours

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Jalpa_Mike is a jewel in the roughJalpa_Mike is a jewel in the roughJalpa_Mike is a jewel in the rough
Special Guest at the Italian Concours

Hi Gang,

We are going to have a real special guest at the Italian Concours next Sunday.

His name is "Cole" and he is coming as our guest from the "Make-A-Wish Foundation".

This little guy gives new meaning to the word "Courage". He is only 8 years old and suffers from "Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy". I can't even begin to imagine what he is going through.

One of his wishes is to see "Fast/Race Cars"! So, what better way for him to see those, then to come to the Italian Concours and see: Ferrari's, Maserati's, Lamborghini's, Alfa's, etc.

I'll be bringing him around to introduce him to a lot of you folks and hopefully you can let him sit behind the wheels of your machines! :-)

Cole is the EXACT reason why we have the "Make-A-Wish" Raffle and donate 100% of the proceeds to them. Once you all meet Cole, our hope is that you will purchase raffle tickets at the show, or simply make a donation to this fine organization. Who knows, you might even win a Scooter like John did last year! :-)

Old 08-29-2009, 10:13 PM
JFowler is infamous around these parts
Where is the Concours?

Old 08-30-2009, 07:52 AM
Jalpa_Mike is a jewel in the roughJalpa_Mike is a jewel in the roughJalpa_Mike is a jewel in the rough
City of Des Moines Marina. Sunday, September 6th.

Hope to see you!

Old 08-30-2009, 10:08 AM
JFowler is infamous around these parts
I see that Roy is putting it on. I have linked the webpage:

http://italianconcours.org/Frameset.htm

Old 08-30-2009, 06:07 PM
prohydro is infamous around these parts
Roy is the title sponsor, however Jalpa_Mike is the organizer.

Mike does an AMAZING job every year, it's an awesome event. Tons of work goes into it, and I know exhibitors and spectators alike have a great time.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by prohydro
Roy is the title sponsor, however Jalpa_Mike is the organizer.

Mike does an AMAZING job every year, it's an awesome event. Tons of work goes into it, and I know exhibitors and spectators alike have a great time.
Correct, Roy is the "Corporate Sponsor". Our "Associate Sponsors" are: Lamborghini Bellevue, Ferrari & Maserati of Seattle, Ducati Seattle, Park Place, Pacific Huts and Castles, Rain Pro's, Carpe Charge, Bellevue MV Agusta and many others.

There are 6 of us on the "Board" who work this Concours every year. My wife (Mary) and I, Brian & Leah Jones, Greg Soter and Janie Kay. Its a heck of a lot of work, but well worth it!!!! We do it for the love of the cars for sure!!!! It really does take about a year of planning to get it done. A ton of coordination and logistics to work: Police, fencing, Sound, vendors, sponsors, permits, etc.. to line up every year.

See everyone this Sunday!

Mike

Old 09-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Just a reminder that today is the cut-off to have your vehicle listed in the Italian Concours "Event Program" before we go to print. So, if you want your name in lights and be famous, fax in your registration today!