Got a "No front plate" ticket on 405!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
So does it have to be an actual plate? What would they do if you took a photo of your plate, had it printed in the actual size, and put it on your front bumper underneath a piece of venturi shield or something like that????

Old 10-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
The RCW vehicle code of no front plate is very very inconsistent.

For example:

On Saturday, I had my SV-R out, which is titled and registered to me. I have a personalized plate on it "SVR USA" so under law it requires the front plate be mounted.
BUT driving with me was a family memeber, driving my GT-R which carries one of Dealer plates on iit. Dealer plates ARE only required on the rear of the vehicle, (one plate only).

The GT-R pulled in behind us on the traffic stop, he did ask if it was mine and where the front plate for it was. I told him it had a Dealer plae, he walked back and looked and that was that with it.

Certain vehicles are exempt from front plates, mainly due to operation of the vehicle, such as cooling, lights etc..you can obtain the letter of excemption from the WSP, not a very big list at this time.

Certain collector plates and horseless plates ONLY require the rear plate as well.

Farm Vehicles, mianly in eastern Washington, licensed for the roadway do not require a front plate.

Indian Reservation titled plates do not require a front plate.

This law is totaly for the reason to make MONEY and allow the new exspensive LASAR speed measuring devices the WSP bought to operate. They require a metal object in the front to get a reading. EVEN the manufacture of the LASAR in their operating manual as well as traing class nited the location to target is the Front plate>

In these times of Budget crunch, just think how much better it would be for the State and its tax payers, to have SAVED a ton of money buy NOT buying over 400 PLUS LASAR units. Then add uop the coist savings of only producing ONE plate per car along with the deletion of the required TABS that have to be affixed to the front plate.

I would rather have seen that money go to social services that have been cut drasticaly instead of the an Agency that NEEDS to maintain their numbers monthly to show a "FALSE" need for continued revenue standards with not cuts th thier budget.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Island Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of light
They should be accountable like every other business in this country that has needed to reduce head count to make things pencil. I Ill my father has started a campaign for the same reason against the ILL State Patrol.
They are hanging out in small towns giving seat belt tickets. The Beef- if this is all you have to do we can save tons on tax payers dollars because they are not needed. Towns have local police. Cops should be doing police work to protect our homes and families. When they become tax collectors
they become untrusted. Today I would rather get pulled over in Mexico then in the US becase it feels about the same. In Mexico I no the $40 is goig too feed the guys family. Here it is $124 to pi@@ed away by Olympia. I have 2 friends who are Ex WSP. These guys are old school but not old. The both say the same thing. When i joined the WSP it was an exclusive group that was hired for there brains and there ability to make un the spot decisions. When they took that away from them they both left. One works for me now in sales. He can tell you all about quota's and the pressure to write tickets. If its the end of the month and a rookie is short. He is writing you up for anything he can because he is forced too. We need smarter cops and less of them is this is all they have time to do. I was pulled over in Tacoma a few years ago and my playoff hockey tickets disappeared. I refused to leave the seen until I talked to the chief. I waited an hour before they could track them down from the cop that bolted with them. A PCS hung with me at the seen because he told be something strange was going on. I told him about the tickets and he got nervous but said he would wait to see I was ok. I was like WTF ok. Welcome to Mexico USA. There are good cpos out there but the problem is they are too few of them. I do not trust them at all. Then again I travel a lot and have seen too much. We all have cut our budgets. If this is all the WSP has to do they need to cut there too. Not just rob the public.
They should be using the guns they carry for tickets. I would feel better getting robbed at gun point instead of a badge they want us to respect.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:05 AM
ST_C5 is infamous around these parts
Angry

The No-Plate law is insane, but check this out, last wed evening i was just coming out of the field from hunting deer in skagit county. I was at the lake stevens haggens buying dinner all dressed in my camo's. When i turned right i was followed by 2 lake Stevens cops, when i turned right on HY 9 they pulled me over, stating that i stopped on the white line of a cross walk at 10pm. That was their reason, which i find BS, they profiled me and stopped me to see what i had in my truck, and see if was drinking, carrying weapons and so forth. I did not get a ticket, so i wrote the police chief to find out if it is policy to stop someone if they are on the white line of a crosswalk and I still have not had a response, all they are doing is harrassing us and collecting reveune for their sorry selves.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
If they are hurting so much for revenue why don't they just hold bake sells at the local Fred Meyer like the fire fighters do?

As far as a petition goes I have seen numerous no front plate petitions since I have started driving. They are all over the place on every car forum in the State, but they never seen to every get off of the ground. If it is true that the new radar requires a front plate then I highly doubt anything will ever overturn the front plate requirement . Police Officers are well versed in writing reports and I believe that if this were to be fought they'd be able to fight it saying they are out for the safety of the citizen. I do feel this is BS and my wife has fell victim to being pulled over and ticketed for 5 over on I-5, but I honestly feel that no matter the efforts you will end up chasing you tail on this one.

Just remember some cops have gotten away with beating and killing innocent people, so I don't foresee any hammer coming down on this open abuse of power.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Apple Sauce is infamous around these parts
A highly reflective license plate is helpfu because it's easier to spot in darkness, but not necessary though to work with laser.
The reflective headlights, windshield and body are all you need to make laser work.

It is more of a requirement for the robocops at intersections. Most robocops take front and back pictures.

Look, it's BS, the state allows certain vehicles to run w/o front plates, collector cars for instance, and these can break the law by speeding through intersections, too!
The state can easily change the rule (see my previous post up the thread) to include something like "low production specialty vehicles"
less than 2k cars per year within USA" as part of the collectors plate, and maybe charge a nominal fee on top of the tabs $50/yr. The problem is solved.

Is there such a person as secretary of licensing in this state?

Vic

Old 10-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Busta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hot Shot
So does it have to be an actual plate? What would they do if you took a photo of your plate, had it printed in the actual size, and put it on your front bumper underneath a piece of venturi shield or something like that????
James, I read the RCW on plates once and I recall that not only are we required to run a front plate, but it can not be altered in any way, including using photo reproductions/stickers. You are supposed to bolt on what is issued. Mike (Stealth 993) used to run a front plate that was trimmed to be narrow like a Euro plate on his E30 M3 and he found out the hard way that it was illegal, even though you could clearly see the plate numbers.

I've said it before: there are 19 states that do not require a front plate. As long as there is no consistency across the US, there will always be a double standard in enforcement.

It just peeves me that someone from Arizona can run without a front plate in WA and they will either not get pulled over, or our law cannot be enforced with them. If it is that important for law enforcement to have a front plate on a vehicle, make it a Federal law. Otherwise, it is simply a revenue-generating ruse for the WSP, no matter what they state otherwise. [/rant]

Old 10-05-2009, 11:34 AM
est1984 is infamous around these partsest1984 is infamous around these parts
It is total revenue generation. It makes me sick to my stomach to see and think about it.

I saw 5 (five) Staters on 405 (I was heading North) just before the 85th exit in Kirkland Sunday morning....4 with pulled over cars and 1 staged and ready to strike. Unreal!?

Old 10-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Procera is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Busta Rib
James, I read the RCW on plates once and I recall that not only are we required to run a front plate, but it can not be altered in any way, including using photo reproductions/stickers. You are supposed to bolt on what is issued. Mike (Stealth 993) used to run a front plate that was trimmed to be narrow like a Euro plate on his E30 M3 and he found out the hard way that it was illegal, even though you could clearly see the plate numbers.
Oops, I have clear duct tape over my front plate. Supposed to reduce reflectiveness and buy a little more time from getting laser-tagged.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Island Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of light
Our government is full of idiots who could not get a real job so this is where they are. Asked to do a little thinking is way too much pressure.
For and extra $50 a year you get only a rear plate(saves money) and are exempt from showing a front for shows or exotic car reasons. I steady cash flow we all would pay as part of the price to play. That would make way to much sense. In stead we will waste the cops time, ignore real crrime and get the tax paying public up in arms. Lots of thinkers in Olympia.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:05 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Island Maser
Our government is full of idiots who could not get a real job so this is where they are. Asked to do a little thinking is way too much pressure.
For and extra $50 a year you get only a rear plate(saves money) and are exempt from showing a front for shows or exotic car reasons. I steady cash flow we all would pay as part of the price to play. That would make way to much sense. In stead we will waste the cops time, ignore real crrime and get the tax paying public up in arms. Lots of thinkers in Olympia.
what do you mean an extra $50 per year you are exempt? Are you talking about collector plates? A collector Plate of which I have a few are 1 time fee and no tabs or fees ever again.

On a side note I've decided to Budget for 10 no front plate tickets per year. I will now at the end of the year either make money or write off with my taxes a loss on the situation. If you plan the cash it won't be so traumatic when it happens......

Old 10-05-2009, 02:22 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
^ In taht case, let me know how much of the budget is left at year end and I will write you a ticket

Old 10-05-2009, 02:28 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hot Shot
there's a company I believe out of Canada that makes exact duplicates to the plates. A friend has them on his 360 spider and Murci. While it's not legal and all it looks damn good from 10ft and from 1000ft it's a no brainer. Sticks right on the bumper.

Vasiliy I already have a Deputy Sheriff in the family that I'm sure wants to write me tickets on all my cars but thanks. He btw ordered an R8 without the front plate mounting kit

Old 10-05-2009, 02:30 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
I guess what's bugging me is that the WSP was once this great well respected organization that didn't harass the general public for money. This was a legal mugging, pure and simple. They hide behind bad law and use it to extract (extort) money from the general population. Yea, as someone said, up on 405 near the 85th St. exit, there are five cars there almost every day. I hope the FBI is keeping stats on these guys. Anyone know where stats are published?

Old 10-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Apple Sauce is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
there's a company I believe out of Canada that makes exact duplicates to the plates. A friend has them on his 360 spider and Murci. While it's not legal and all it looks damn good from 10ft and from 1000ft it's a no brainer. Sticks right on the bumper.

Vasiliy I already have a Deputy Sheriff in the family that I'm sure wants to write me tickets on all my cars but thanks. He btw ordered an R8 without the front plate mounting kit
Yeah, but he or she has a "get out of jall" ready when that pull over happens.
Oh, well

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got a "No front plate" ticket on 405!