Got a "No front plate" ticket on 405!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 09:33 PM
J_Donovan is infamous around these parts
Not all cars ride that low. Will look into it.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:14 AM
Island Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of light
Bought the wife a MINI S last night. No place for a plate this one either with out screwing up the front end. Run with out it and roll the dice.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:09 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Island Maser
Bought the wife a MINI S last night. No place for a plate this one either with out screwing up the front end. Run with out it and roll the dice.
NICE pickup....I love those things. Enjoy
I don't have a front plate either

Old 11-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
It's been a problem for me in South Jersey. I got a ticket today, as if I care about the $54. It's never ending for me in my cars. I have had it!!! I get anxiety every time I see these local cops. they have nothing better to do. GREAT POLICE WORK!!!

Old 11-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Island Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of light
Ask him to show you his bullet. They love that. New Moto "Service and Collect".

Old 11-06-2009, 03:12 PM
michaelwwu is infamous around these parts
Great thread, I just finished reading through the whole thing and I couldn't agree more with all of you. I was recently arrested and taken to jail for reckless driving and about a week later they decided to mail me a no front plate ticket to top it all off. I couldn't believe it, and the best part is the day I got that ticket in the mail I was pulled over that night by a Bellingham cop who decided to write me another no front plate ticket. I've owned three B5 Audi A4s over the past four years and none of them have had a front plate and these are my first two tickets. And for those interested in my reckless driving, I was clocked at 106 in a 70 on I-5, I was not driving erratically or anything, there was a huge opening, it was around 11AM and I rolled on it in the left lane coming down a big hill for a second and he clocked me from an overpass way up ahead. I know it was stupid feel free to rip me but honestly 106 really isn't that fast guys, I've driven that fast on the track countless times, and I wasn't anywhere near another car on the road. I was extremely cooperative and respectful the entire time, yet they still take the time to arrest me and put me in jail so I have to deal with a $1500 bail. Revenue earning at its finest. He also cited me for reckless endangerment because my roommate who's 21 was in the car with me, which I felt was a little excessive. Feel free to post your opinions good or bad, I know I screwed up. Also what have you guys been doing about your front plate tickets? Contesting, mitigating or just paying it?

Old 11-06-2009, 04:08 PM
dwnhillskater is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by michaelwwu
I've driven that fast on the track countless times
Hmmmmm

Old 11-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by dwnhillskater
Hmmmmm
I don't blame your skepticism it did sound kind of dumb, but my car does more than that on the front straight at pacific along with the straight at Bremerton, granted I know that doesn't make it right at all to do it on the street.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Sadly, the long arm of the law probably wouldn't take kindly to that logic. Sorry to hear about your ticket(s)!

Old 11-06-2009, 04:49 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
It could have just as easily been me.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Apple Sauce is infamous around these parts
As TommyJames points out, It could just as well be me, but I assume the risks involved.

The court doesn't care that you have experience at that speed, and more to your point, that you should being do all your high speeds only on the track.

I think your best defense is to just acknowledge the mistake, you didn't appreciate the gravity of the offense, and it won't happen again, and hope you still have insurance after this event.

Vic

Old 11-06-2009, 05:19 PM
FerRrari is infamous around these parts
I got one of these from NW Mini:

Old 11-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Sadly, the long arm of the law probably wouldn't take kindly to that logic. Sorry to hear about your ticket(s)!

Oh ya I agree 100%, just thought I'd let you guys know. I just find it a little extra curricular to lock up a 20 yr. old student with a clean driving record and no criminal history that has to be at work in a couple hours. He could have just as easily wirtten me the ticket and let me continue about my day or made my friend drive.

Last edited by michaelwwu; 11-06-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:32 PM
J_Donovan is infamous around these parts
Hmm... was it the first time you broke 100? Probably not. Besides speed is speed.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes but you made the choice. On the other hand... I've been there as well. I think I was 22 at the moment and it was next to Flagstaff and GC. Jail down there sucks.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:17 PM
Dre' 1 is just really niceDre' 1 is just really niceDre' 1 is just really niceDre' 1 is just really nice
Hey 6Speeder's,

Just wanted to update you all on the outcome of my "No Front Plate Ticket". I got it dismissed last month! I ended up ordering a license plate tow hook mounting kit and put it on the front of my Boxster S, then took a couple of pictures of it on there and showed it the judge along with my story of how the car was not meant to have a front plate because it takes alway from the lines of the car. The judge was supprised and impressed that I found a solution and dropped the ticket. I will be taking the tow hook mount off during sunny cruising day's for that clean look that we all love!!!

Here is the link to the website if any of you are interested in looking into this solution for your exotics.

www.moweraxle.com

Happy Holiday's....

Dre' 1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got a "No front plate" ticket on 405!