Got a "No front plate" ticket on 405!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 07:01 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Got a "No front plate" ticket on 405!

Hi everyone,
I got a no front plate ticket on 405 courtesy of our Washington State Patrol. I'm starting to feel like our WSP is now in the business of harassing people for money rather than serving the primary function of public safety. I was one my way to meet up with a bunch of others for a drive and one of the P-cars got one too, this time on I90 on his way to join us. I'm really getting fed up with all this nonsense. Anyone else see the WSP out collecting revenue today?

Old 10-04-2009, 07:27 PM
lpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud of

Old 10-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
WOW

Yep I got one Saturday on 405 southbound at Kirkland in the USA Flag car.

AFter I got he asked me if I was going to put a plate on it..

I said "no, not drilling into the front bumper" He told me that I can expect more then..

I then told him I would be coming back on 405 Northbound in about 2 hours, he could write me again if he wished..

Then he HAD the nerve to say,

"Policy is not to write the same vehicle and driver for the same non- moving violation in a 24 hour period"

LUCKY me, I had 23 hours and 55 minutes of "get out of jail free card" for the USA flag car

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Still am not going to put a plate on it.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Procera is infamous around these parts
On my daily commute to work which is mostly highway I will typically see 2-3 speed traps courtesy of WA state patrol (99% of them use laser). There is no getting out of those tickets either. They also have the sneakiest unmarked cars like unmarked Impalas, Jeeps, Broncos, etc. I think I heard that they are one of the most "well off" state patrols in the country and the recession is only forcing them to write more citations.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:46 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
I'm writing to our state representatives in the morning and anyone else who can help with this WSP out of control nonsense. I see them out there every day now.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:01 PM
AgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to behold
I've never seen so many WSP cars out there on a Sunday afternoon. I've had a lot of respect for our law enforcement but what they did today is nothing short of "highway robbery" singling out sports and exotic cars.

Blatantly staking out highways to pull over cars for a "non moving traffic violation" is shameless abuse of authority deviating from their role in public service. I'm with TommyJames on this one, and interested to hear of any legal counsel on how best to start kicking up a fuss at City Hall about this - petition?

Old 10-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Busta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud of
Unfortunately, with the State revenue and budget issues, we are looking at heightened patrols and ticket-paloozas. I think stopping you for just a missing front plate is BS. I thought it was a secondary offense, like the seatbelt law. Where is Jag when you need him?

Old 10-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Procera is infamous around these parts
I've seen them pull over anybody and everybody, not just exotics. I got a ticket almost a year ago on I-5 for 75 in a 60 on a trip back from Vancouver. It was just as you entered the Smokey Point area where the speed limit drops from 70 to 60. It was a black, unmarked Charger on the side of the road that you could barely see because there were no street lights where he was. I saw him out of the corner of my eye as I passed him (I was passing a car on the left and the Charger was on the right shoulder). He hit me with a laser on my back plate.

The ticket was ~$120. I paid a traffic attorney $300 and he only got it "downgraded" to a no seat belt ticket that still cost me $120 but at least didn't go to my insurance. WSP will get their money one way or another. At least they have everyone trained to block the left/passing lanes now.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:28 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Got pulled over this summer... WSP merges onto freeway, passes me, slows down gets behind me and pulls me over... I was probably doing 59 in a 60 lol, at least he let me go with just a warning

Old 10-04-2009, 10:42 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
I thought No front plates was an offense that had nothing to do with your insurance? Correct me if I am wrong.

We met a City cop last night from King County and she said she will let a lot of speeders go by even upwards of 15 over but they pull over No Front plates because SHE said that a lot of no front plate people are hiding from something. Warrants etc.

Granted Tommy in your Limey colored Hot Rod you most likely aren't hiding from someone Are you? but that's direct from a local POPo.

She told me I should go to the local WSP and ask them about getting the letter showing that I can't mount the plates on some of my cars and a lot of times they will give the letter. You will still get pulled over possibly but in the end you show the letter and they let you go.

I've been pulled over twice and had one no front plate ticket parked next to FoS and have only had to pay one of them so I guess I'm lucky so far but will in the end be just like Roy. 23hrs and 55 minutes of freedom if I get one

Old 10-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
No front plate is not a secondary offense, it is a NON moving violation so should not hurt your insurance rates.

I do not think Exotics are getting the "extra" eye.

With the State bugets the way they are, it is just a fact the the "higher" ups in WSP are setting out policy to produce more revenue to show the "Budget" hand out minds that they are not a place to cut the budget.

The avearge "offcer per population quota" as set in info from the FBI, for WSP is only SECOND to CHP of California.

The WSP is also the "Private Security" force for the Govener and all her related activites...her home, her driver etc etc..in State as well as when she travels out of State.

I do think this is a BIG conflict of intrest as they have her ear so to speak....I mean there is no way she is going to cut the budget and real in the very arm of the goverment that watches her safety.

Other states that used to have this "Security Force" have gone to a total independant small force team that is totaly seperate from the State Police Force, which I think should be done here to stop the obvious conflict of intrest.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:12 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Unfortunately, with the State revenue and budget issues, we are looking at heightened patrols and ticket-paloozas. I think stopping you for just a missing front plate is BS. I thought it was a secondary offense, like the seatbelt law. Where is Jag when you need him?
Been trying to warn people since this spring.... they're broke and looking for $$$$

I'm using zip ties to weather the storm...

Old 10-05-2009, 01:10 AM
Yea, there is something different these days as they seem to be pulling people over for anything imaginable and have moved from a force devoted to safety to a force devoted to revenue generation. In this case I feel, given the taxes I already pay, like I just got mugged. I went away with a creepy feeling simply because I knew this was really a revenue shakedown and nothing more.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:46 AM
Dre' 1 is just really niceDre' 1 is just really niceDre' 1 is just really niceDre' 1 is just really nice
Hey Tommy:

I'm with you on that! That is exactly how I was feeling after I got my ticket today. As I mentioned when we got together today The WSP Cop was standing on the side of I-90 W. and when he saw me pass he jumped in his car and came after me. Never mind the fact two other cars were speeding and passed me just before we got to him. He was looking for cars w/o front plates. It's a cheap and lazy way for a cop to make his #'s for the day. Why are they not out looking for people that need to be pulled over for real reason.

I will join you in what ever steps we need to make this an issue go away. Talk to you soon......

Dre' 1

Last edited by Dre' 1; 10-05-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:56 AM
Apple Sauce is infamous around these parts
This is a BS ticket, which is becoming increasingly worse now that there are robo-cops in most cities, again to collect ticket revenue 24/7/365.

I wish I knew what steps to take to create a "no license plate" bill that giving owners the ability to legally omit the front plate. The laws can be written to allow part time use vehicles, perhaps creating a "show vehicles" plate for a magic number $124/yr--about the price of a ticket. Failure to have proper plates would double the fine. Seems like a fair solution to me. Where's Tim Eyman when you really need him?
I would pay that amount to be legit.

Check this out:
http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistr...horseless.html
  • http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistr...horseless.html
  • Vehicle requirements
  • To use horseless carriage plates, vehicles must be:
  • more than 40 years old.
  • owned and operated as collector vehicles.
  • capable of operating on the highway.
  • Vehicles with horseless carriage plates may be driven:
  • to and from auto shows, circuses, parades, displays, special excursions, and antique car club meetings.
  • for testing purposes.
  • for the pleasure of others without compensation.
  • Vehicles with horseless carriage plates may not be used for:
  • commercial purposes or to carry a load.
  • regular transportation in the manner of a fully licensed vehicle.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got a "No front plate" ticket on 405!