Best restaurant in Seattle/Bellevue for steamed clams?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 06:42 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Best restaurant in Seattle/Bellevue for steamed clams?

Anyone else just love steamed clams? Who does the absolute best? You know the type with the absolutely killer sauce/broth that you just *have* to mop up with every piece of bread you can lay your hands on...

Old 10-29-2009, 07:03 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
How about McCormick's Fish House on 4th Ave.? I'm not sure if they have that sauce though. If you find out who does actually have THE best...let us know! I'm a steamed clam lover from wayyyyy back!

Old 10-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Duke's has great clams... Great food for a reasonable price also.

John

Old 10-30-2009, 10:11 AM
FerRrari is infamous around these parts
I think I had clams at Lark, anything there is amazingly good (especially the seared foie gras).

Old 10-30-2009, 02:43 PM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
Used to be the Red Door Ale House before they moved. I was 86'd from there many moons ago so I don't know if they still kick *** or not. The best was the clams and a pint (or two) of Fuller's ESB. yummy!

Old 10-30-2009, 03:27 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Chinooks (sp?) out in Seattle. FANTASTIC, but one hell of a drive for you.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:31 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
my house....fresh off the beach.......just let me know when you'd like some

Old 11-01-2009, 01:59 AM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
my house....fresh off the beach.......just let me know when you'd like some
Ditto - Except the right of the beach part. Hooked it up last night.

Bacon / Parsnip Steamers with cream.
I finally nailed the recipe.

Ksenia and I enjoy clams a great deal, and since both Bella and her little sister Sophia love clams (Totally Weird, I know)
We do the steamers often, we have several recipes, I like this creamy one with Bacon the best.

Crappy iPhone pictures do not do this dish justice.

The trick is to do 2-3 saltwater cleansing soaks to get the sand and grit out.

Cheers,

Last edited by Senna; 11-01-2009 at 01:01 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:31 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Brian, those look great!

Old 11-01-2009, 08:49 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Senna
Ditto - Except the right of the beach part. Hooked it up last night.

The trick is to do 2-3 saltwater cleansing soaks to get the sand and grit out.
Brian overnight in the saltwater is all they need. They can't clean out very well in just a few hours.

We'll have to have a Steam off Hopefully your whole family likes em

Old 11-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
We'd love to - I can also bring some Sashimi Tuna for Poke and Tuna burgers.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Surfer is infamous around these parts
I love steamers, especially when a few places have all-u-can eat going on. I'll pig out lol, just good clean steamers and brother/butter sauce and lemon are all I need.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:59 PM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Brian overnight in the saltwater is all they need. They can't clean out very well in just a few hours.

We'll have to have a Steam off Hopefully your whole family likes em
I'm in!

When I cooked at Daniels Broiler I had my own recipe that I put on the fresh-sheet about once a week, only hint is that it kind of tasted like a very light Bearnaise Sauce, creamy and elegant. The Seattle Weekly pinged it as the best steamers in Seattle in '91.

I also like the heartiness of a nice ale based steam too. Black and tan with mussels and clams...yum!

Old 11-02-2009, 07:24 PM
baloney is infamous around these parts
Hey Guys,

new to the board but i had to reply cuz i probably enjoy eating more than cars

so... chinooks? i've had the marinara dish with clams, mussels, etc. but haven't had a plate of just steamers. how is it prepared? i'll have to try that next time i'm there.

so when you salt water soak clams to remove the sand and 'gunk' do you just soak them in the water they came in overnight? i've had a few clam linguini's ruined by sand

Old 11-03-2009, 09:57 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
this is such an f-chat thread

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Best restaurant in Seattle/Bellevue for steamed clams?