Lotus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 07:51 PM
AttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by xpikenz
its nothing major.. just a small crack the rear passenger side..

Hard to tell from the pictures, but mine was not much worse, if any, and the whole clam was replaced. Kind of a problem with these cars.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:54 AM
xpikenz is infamous around these parts
went to haurys today and zac out there was nice enough to help me out.. he's still researching on it for me and told me he would get me back. its looking anywhere from 4k-6k to repair and they are replacing the whole rear clam..

im not too worried about it honestly.. im thinking about taking it out to the tracks one of these days and beating it up a lil more myself.. im sure this crosses everyones mind when something like this happens but is there anyway i could just pocket the money and go buy myself a turbo or supercharger setup with the insurance funds?!

or would i be able to put the insurance fund towards a complete paint job and pay the difference if possible since half of the car is already gonna get painted anyways.. just a thought.. if not i wouldnt mind repairing it and getting a fresh detail/paint to the car.. just trying to make something possitive out of this..

Old 01-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
zac is who helped me out. he will do whatever you want him to do.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:00 AM
AttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by xpikenz
went to haurys today and zac out there was nice enough to help me out.. he's still researching on it for me and told me he would get me back. its looking anywhere from 4k-6k to repair and they are replacing the whole rear clam..

im not too worried about it honestly.. im thinking about taking it out to the tracks one of these days and beating it up a lil more myself.. im sure this crosses everyones mind when something like this happens but is there anyway i could just pocket the money and go buy myself a turbo or supercharger setup with the insurance funds?!

or would i be able to put the insurance fund towards a complete paint job and pay the difference if possible since half of the car is already gonna get painted anyways.. just a thought.. if not i wouldnt mind repairing it and getting a fresh detail/paint to the car.. just trying to make something possitive out of this..
That sounds low...I had the rear clam replaced and it was between $10k-$12k.

If you're going to keep the money take it to Belred and get another quote for the insurance company.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:06 AM
xpikenz is infamous around these parts
still waiting on zac to email me the estimate of the damage.. im gonna try to stop by belred tomorrow to talk to rich and see if they can get a quote for me also..

zac out there still remembers you as the "blacksheep" RB he was asking if you still had your lil beast..

it could be more then 4-6k.. i just figured it would be around that price but none of the shops have given me any exact numbers yet..

Old 01-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
haha people always mess up my last name, is Blackshear oh well haha