Lotus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 06:02 AM
xpikenz is infamous around these parts
Lotus

i just recently purchased a 2005 lotus elise and it has about 37k miles on it clean title.. ive been looking around for the value of the car to see what a reasonable trade in value would be but i cant seem to find any sites that quotes lotus. would anyone on here be able to help me out or point me the right direction on where to go for future business on trading in for a new car? i only had the car for about 2 months now and i thought i could daily drive it but i cant do it.. i drive the lotus maybe twice a week and now im ready to look for something more practical.. thanks in advance guys..

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-10-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:53 AM
Kristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud of
You could try here nadaguides.com/usedcars.aspx?LI=1-21-1-5005-0-0-0&l=1&w=21&p=1&f=5006&c=15&z=98034&m=1297&da=-1

Last edited by Kristian; 01-07-2010 at 07:54 AM. Reason: tried to make it a non-link
Old 01-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
wait until summer right now you won't get much. i think i got 24k for mine.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:28 PM
speedneed is a jewel in the roughspeedneed is a jewel in the roughspeedneed is a jewel in the rough
if u can get $22k it's probably right...37k is considered high milage for elise.. and i don't know why.....

Old 01-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
yeah i had less than 20k on mine

Old 01-10-2010, 11:31 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Ken....How's my "twin" doing these days? Back on the road?

Old 01-10-2010, 12:00 PM
mjf
mjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud of
As with any car "trade in value" is going to be less than "what I can sell it for" value.

You're looking at a car in the 20s, mid to high 20s if you sell it, low 20s if you trade it in. Best of luck.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
I use

Www.autotrader.com

I second all of the comments above. I strongly encourage you to take the car out to a skills day. That can be with the PCA, BWM, Alfa Romeo, any club that sponsers track days. In fact, the Lotus Club locally is setting up a day at Pacific Grand Prix in a couple of months.

I think that anyone that owns one of these cars, really must fully experience it before they sell it.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:59 PM
thanks for the info guys.. some chick backed into my car last night at work! her 07 CTS was a lot higher then mines so when it backed into mines in an angle and cracked my rear lower passenger side shell it also pushed up on my spoiler and broke off the wing and cracked fiberglass shell on the upper part where the spoiler was bolted on aswell.. so much for trying to trade it in right now.. i just did a few run arounds today to some shop and everyone is recomending me to go to bellred or metro.. any susgestion on body repair now instead? im having horrible luck with my automobiles lately!

Old 01-14-2010, 09:07 PM
rbuisa is infamous around these parts
Thats a bummer....it's a clam shell design so the whole half has to be replaced? good luck...same thing happened to a friend of mine.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:41 PM
I went to bel red and they were pretty damn rude to me. I recommend Haury's . The VP there is a elise owner himself and they did exceptional work.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:06 AM
mjf
mjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud of
I went to belred for a quote, rear clam replaced ~$16,000. They had a lotus in the process of repair while I was there too. Seems to be the place to go if you're in the Bellevue area.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:10 PM
AttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura about
Had my rear clam replaced at Belred...they did an excellent job. You may find out the car could be a total loss depending on the extent of damage.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:43 AM
its nothing major.. just a small crack the rear passenger side..

Old 01-18-2010, 10:01 AM
speedneed is a jewel in the roughspeedneed is a jewel in the roughspeedneed is a jewel in the rough
a piece of duck tape will cover that perfectly...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lotus