Car Suggestions for a Teenager

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Horhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to all
Autocross wrecks always make for interesting stories. I knew a guy that hit a Port-O-Potty back in Maryland.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:01 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gretapass
^^^remind me to tell you our little insurance incident when my son was a teenager. Ultimately his autocross (which the insurance company discovered when Aaron was in a one car accident), got us kicked out of Safeco after 30years and with clean records and we had to go on high risk insurance (the three of us) at over $10,000 per year! The insurance companies do not like teenagers!!! Long story, but I'll share with you the next time I see you. We paid a price for years!
make em ride a bike is what i say oh wait. he does

Old 01-25-2010, 10:46 PM
coverland is just really nicecoverland is just really nicecoverland is just really nicecoverland is just really nice
400 a month is insane. When I first started driving PEMCO was only charging me $120/mo

-Colin

Old 01-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
man....i'm still stuck on that 400 a month for insurance. my kids are walking. i pay 4 times that for all of my cars combined. hmmm

I remember thinking in disbelief I was going to spend nearly as much as I did for the entire car a year in insurance. If you place your children under your insurance it will be much lower though. That amount was for me on my own policy. It will be about 100-200 a month difference with them on your policy. Just be sure to up your limits just in case though...

Old 01-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Boxster Boy is infamous around these parts
Wow, shows you how much insurance can vary! For a 2 Porsches and a driver under 25 I only pay $130/mo. with full coverage. I also only paid ~500 for a year on my Triumph bike.

Then again I think they quoted me the same price if I had a CGT. Maybe I should buy one!

Old 01-26-2010, 08:20 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Horhay
Autocross wrecks always make for interesting stories. I knew a guy that hit a Port-O-Potty back in Maryland.
Actually it was not an autocross accident, it was just an accident between his car and a telephone pole (that is yet another story involving a bunny). BUT, when the insurance company inspected the car, they found an autocross map. That was the beginning of the end between the Pass family and Safeco!

Good news is the boy child grew up, safe, learned some good lessons, and now pays for his own insurance and we are on Pemco now!

Old 01-26-2010, 11:53 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Boxster Boy
Wow, shows you how much insurance can vary! For a 2 Porsches and a driver under 25 I only pay $130/mo. with full coverage. I also only paid ~500 for a year on my Triumph bike.

Then again I think they quoted me the same price if I had a CGT. Maybe I should buy one!
lol 130 month for a cgt.....good luck collecting on that policy when totalled. might want to double check your carrier and make sure they are insuring the correct cars. vin #'s or not you might end up with a headache you don't want if your adjusters have no clue what they are actually insuring. my penny

Old 02-28-2010, 07:56 AM
quickquattro is infamous around these parts
e30 ix