Lexus LFA requiring "approval" for purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:08 PM
R T
R T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to behold
I heard some "kids" talking about the LF-A and they said all 500 (or whatever the number is) were already pre-sold ...... I said "what? really?" and they seemed sure of it ...... WTF?

Old 01-27-2010, 07:25 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Horhay
"We are stopping the sale on all Lexus LF-A due to sticking accelerator pedals, though current owners need not worry, your cars are mostly powered by hype, which is not influenced by the affected pedal."
I just spit my water on my screen, thanks alot!

Old 01-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Horhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to all
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I just spit my water on my screen, thanks alot!

I got negative reputation points for that little joke. What's GMAFB mean?

Old 01-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
i'd guess give me a effen break? i watch a lot of wheel of fortune

Old 01-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Horhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to all
I thought it was "Green Martians Are Farming Broccoli". I think your's is more likely.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:29 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Horhay
I got negative reputation points for that little joke. What's GMAFB mean?
well that explains my rep points....i'm sure i go 3 backwards for every 1 forward. i didn't know you could get negative reps..

that post was perfect. rep points back

Old 01-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
well that explains my rep points....i'm sure i go 3 backwards for every 1 forward. i didn't know you could get negative reps..

plus some more from me.....

Old 01-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by H20SKIER

Thanks guys. I've now gotten 6 for and 1 against. Too bad it doesn't say who left you feedback.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:59 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
I've asked the question on multiple forums, who's buying the LFA? So far nothing. I've yet to have even one person step forward and say they are buying one. I've asked a lot of guys in car circles if they know of someone and they said no too. Someone then told me Lexus isn't taking order for almost another year. Huh? So, I have no idea what to think of this car. I can say that nothing on the street matches they hype put out by Lexus.

Oh, I did find some fans who rode in one on the Lexus forum. None of them own exotics, didn't name any exotics they have drive, and don't plan to buy an LFA. So, if they have room to take them for a test ride in the car, that would tell me that buyers aren't taking up the ride slots.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Apple Sauce is infamous around these parts
What if---Lexus leased these at waaay under market/lease just to get "the right people" in the car???

Does anyone know what the lease terms look like, are the terms more attractive or than a standard auto lease?
Here's what a std. lease would look like.
$500k/3yr/w50% residual/finance + tax on lease=
comes in at very round number $8k/mo=$96k/yr

—Vic in Seattle

Old 02-01-2010, 09:53 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Maybe Lexus has a secret group of 500 people that have waited the last 10 years of its development to buy the car.