Lexus LFA requiring "approval" for purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:50 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I know the Ultimate Aero isn't everyones favorite but for me there is something that makes me smile about a car from West Richland that beats the Bugatti Veyron on the V max!

Old 01-25-2010, 11:01 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I know the Ultimate Aero isn't everyones favorite but for me there is something that makes me smile about a car from West Richland that beats the Bugatti Veyron on the V max!
I might be the only one that doesn't get the car. Lots have expressed interest in it. It's just not me. There are 1000 cars I'd choose instead of it money no object. I don't like Nobles either. The cars just have no soul. They seem incomplete and seem to be built with only one purpose in mind. I don't like that about them. Built in Richland or not. It seems they'd be smarter to move to Dubai. Lots of cheap real estate and they will save 99.9999999999999999% of their clients shipping.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:07 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Oh I agree with you on that, for the price of an Aero you can get a Murcielago or 599 GTB and go to UGR for a Twin Turbo system!

Old 01-25-2010, 03:35 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
So how does one justify the price of the Ultimate Aero when it's basically a kit car that goes fast in a straight line? $750k for top speed?

Old 01-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Oh I agree with you on that, for the price of an Aero you can get a Murcielago or 599 GTB and go to UGR for a Twin Turbo system!
With change left over.....

Old 01-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by CrazyRuskie
So how does one justify the price of the Ultimate Aero when it's basically a kit car that goes fast in a straight line? $750k for top speed?

The Ultimate Aero is hardly a kit car, in fact it less of a kit car then the Noble because its US legal and it comes with the engine in it when you buy it! Now its looks those may make it look like a kit car but its simply a car done by a small manufacturer. Part of me also thinks the Mosler MT900S with the 1600 hp Nelson Racing engine twin turbo V8 would be the ticket if insane power is your only goal!

Old 01-25-2010, 06:51 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
The Ultimate Aero is hardly a kit car, in fact it less of a kit car then the Noble because its US legal and it comes with the engine in it when you buy it! Now its looks those may make it look like a kit car but its simply a car done by a small manufacturer. Part of me also thinks the Mosler MT900S with the 1600 hp Nelson Racing engine twin turbo V8 would be the ticket if insane power is your only goal!
your opinion doesn't count on anything with lotso horsepower. if the puyallup fair had jet engines you could tie yourself to and shoot up in the air with the possibility of a parachute ride down you'd be the first in line

Old 01-25-2010, 06:54 PM
EM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
your opinion doesn't count on anything with lotso horsepower. if the puyallup fair had jet engines you could tie yourself to and shoot up in the air with the possibility of a parachute ride down you'd be the first in line
Maybe second..

Old 01-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by H20SKIER

Mark you know me to the T!

Old 01-26-2010, 01:33 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Mark you know me to the T!
Building the world's fastest street legal car is not as simple as strapping on a lot of horse power. Making the engine run a wide variety conditions and remain cool while keeping the frontal area to a minimum and the weight down is very tricky. To give some idea of the complexity, the car has eleven radiators to keep everything cool it's got to keep it cool in all conditions.

I think if you saw the build quality underneath I think you'd be impressed. I'd be the first to admit, the styling didn't grab me at first. I've come to know the guys and they are doing it right. There is a lot going on and there will be some big announcements in the coming weeks.

Mark, this is a new company, started like all new companies and after five years of production they are still here. This is how Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini and just about every other company started, - with just a few guys determined to do it better than anyone else. No, not perfect yet, but they are getting there and I'm cheering them on. They have some extremely impressive help behind the scenes and all that will be revealed soon enough. Few have come close do doing what they accomplished. They have held their street speed record for two years now and their latest car can beat those numbers with a projected top speed somewhere in the 275 range. And if someone attempts to beat their record, they will get out there again and top it.

Lets save the SSC discussion for after their announcement. It's pointless to have it now. As for the Lexus LFA, I'm still trying to track down they guy who says he's buying one for sure.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Tommy you do have a point about their longevity, I mean how many cars turned into Vaporware after even having running prototypes? They have actual cars on the road and have stayed in business under the same ownership for 5 years. Is it for everyone? Nope, but there are those that will pay to have the biggest, baddest and fastest.....especially in the Middle East!

That being said do you see Lamborghini not being able to sell the next gen V12 Supercar ( Jota?) because of the competition from Lexus? I don't think a 700 hp car with an aluminum space frame lighter than today Murcielago with pure sex for styling will compete with Lexus. After all Lamborghini carbon fiber isn't woven on a rotary loom!

Old 01-26-2010, 08:25 PM
warmmilk is just really nicewarmmilk is just really nicewarmmilk is just really nicewarmmilk is just really nice
so i don't feel like going back and reading everything that was written over the weekend.

just one question, is the bet still on?

Old 01-26-2010, 09:44 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
I'll stick with the bet. I did track down some enthusiasts, that will get me in touch with someone who's planning to buy one, but honest, I'm not getting far finding actual buyers out there. There are a couple of weird guys on the Lexus form who are hostile to the notion that I'd even doubt the sales, so it's hard to get above the noise and find out the truth. Until I find otherwise, I still think demand for the car is still overblown. I'd still like to talk to someone who actually plans to buy one.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:18 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Lets just hope the gas pedal don't get stuck on these puppies.
There won't be any floor mats to blame on.

Last edited by vincentdds; 01-27-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Horhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to all
"We are stopping the sale on all Lexus LF-A due to sticking accelerator pedals, though current owners need not worry, your cars are mostly powered by hype, which is not influenced by the affected pedal."

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA requiring "approval" for purchase